Anime Addicts Anonymous Podcast Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite anime games

+11
Grim Reaper Hei
Rekka
elvenbladerogue
linkmax1412
GeraldTheGuy
Chiaki
Kincaid Nau
dark_lord_killua
mitziego
Mitsugi
Lelouch Yagami
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Favorite anime games Empty Favorite anime games

Post  Lelouch Yagami Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:21 pm

So its kinda obvious what this is about. Just put your top what ever favorite anime games. heres mine:
1. Persona 3
2. Final Fantasy X

I,ll put more later because my mind is going blank all of a sudden but if you have played these 2 games you kind of tell i like games with really good story lines. For the final fantasy series, I've played a few of them and find that 10 was the best out of them then 7 dirge of cerberus but I cant wait for 13 to come out like a lot of people but i guess i should wait because 1. you kinda have to wait for something so good and 2. i think its a ps3 exclusive so i need to get that. And for the persona series ive only played 3, 3 fes, and 4 so i kinda want to play the first ones. I also heard that there is another persona 3 game coming out with a new main character the bad thing is it might be only for psp but i doubt it.
Lelouch Yagami
Lelouch Yagami

Back to top Go down

Favorite anime games Empty Games

Post  Mitsugi Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:53 pm

I love Final fantasy. First off, just so you are excited maybe, FF13 is on the ps3 and 360.

Also, I LOVED Persona 3. Have you tried Persona 4? It's better than Persona 3 in nearly every way.

I also really enjoy the Tales, Xeno, and other SMT games. Xenogears especially?
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Favorite anime games Empty Re: Favorite anime games

Post  Lelouch Yagami Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:17 pm

well i already said that i played 4 but i still think 3 is much better. oh and i have a game that i recently started playing called baroque so far i kinda like it. and the thing about if FF13 is going to be on the 360 i knew that but i had 4gotten but i still need one because most of the anime games are for the ps3
Lelouch Yagami
Lelouch Yagami

Back to top Go down

Post  mitziego Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:27 am

mmm dont really play too much anime games. usually cause im broke spending money on art books and comics Razz but if i had to pick one close to anime would be megaman x series and xenogears. remeber back in the day when they showed the anime cut scenes My heart start racing in excitement. LOL! those were the days. Very Happy
mitziego
mitziego

Back to top Go down

Post  Lelouch Yagami Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:59 pm

Everyone special announcement! School days has a video game so if u have ever played it, thought about playing it, touched it, or looked in it's general direction plz insert the gun in your mouth and plz pull the trigger and have a nice day.

Well actually I might play this game, or watch a walkthrough, just to see how it's different. I mean it's a game so your in control so you control if your a total douch or not idk just thought I'd tell u guys about it I saw the opening while I was on YouTube looking at something comepletely different.
Lelouch Yagami
Lelouch Yagami

Back to top Go down

Post  dark_lord_killua Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:31 pm

When I read that comment, I snorted aloud and got really weird looks from everyone in the room.

But yeah, I mostly play Square Enix titles in terms of anime games. Kingdom Hearts games, Final Fantasy games (I want Dissdia, but I don't have a PSP...grrr...), and technically Pokemon. Can't really think of any other anime games I play.
dark_lord_killua
dark_lord_killua

http://panahinuva.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lelouch Yagami Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:54 pm

I know stupid psp I want that game so bad
Lelouch Yagami
Lelouch Yagami

Back to top Go down

Post  dark_lord_killua Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:56 pm

Yeah and not just to kill Tidus. Although that would be nice to do...Stupid dreamboy.

And there's so much else for the PSP that's good.
dark_lord_killua
dark_lord_killua

Back to top Go down

Post  Lelouch Yagami Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:07 pm

Well 10 was my favorite out of the final fatasy series so ya not a tidus hater
Lelouch Yagami
Lelouch Yagami

Back to top Go down

Post  Kincaid Nau Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:17 am

I know what you mean. I just finished G Generation Wars and it was quite a struggle. I'm almost all gundamed out due to the shear number of mobile suits in it. I'm working on Dissidia now and I'm really liking it. Yoshitaka Amano's art style really comes to life especially with the Warrior of Light, Firion and Cecil. I loved both Persona 3 and 4 but I liked 4 a bit better. But I gotta say that Elizabeth is way tougher than Margaret.

What are you guys working on now?
Kincaid Nau
Kincaid Nau

Back to top Go down

Post  dark_lord_killua Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:32 pm

Right now? Final Fantasy 6, again. Because I haven't played it in a couple of years.
dark_lord_killua
dark_lord_killua

Back to top Go down

Post  Kincaid Nau Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:48 pm

That has to be one of my favorite Final Fantasy's. Good story, good pacing, great gameplay, you name it. Kefka, one of most maniacal villains ever. Its the rpg that got me playing rpgs.
Kincaid Nau
Kincaid Nau

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiaki Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:25 am

I actually video-taped a three-minute trailer I saw in Akihabara right before the Tokyo Game Show 09 on the new Final Fantasy.

Obviously since it was hand taped it's not -perfect- but would you all like it if I posted that on the AAA youtube channel?
Chiaki
Chiaki

http://www.aaapodcast.com

Back to top Go down

Favorite anime games Empty TGS Video

Post  Mitsugi Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:22 pm

Ok here it is. Drool. This game is going to be incredible.
Remember, learning your Hiragana and Katakana is the first step to being able to understand the dialogue in this video. *wink*. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, refer to the Japanese learning section of the forum, heh.
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  dark_lord_killua Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:23 pm

Kincaid Nau wrote:That has to be one of my favorite Final Fantasy's. Good story, good pacing, great gameplay, you name it. Kefka, one of most maniacal villains ever. Its the rpg that got me playing rpgs.

Damn straight. Kefka's one of my favorite villains EVAR. And I study villains as a hobby.

And it's incredibly nuanced in its gameplay. I remember playing through and being impressed by all the little quirks they worked into how you played through. Like stealing clothes as Locke.
dark_lord_killua
dark_lord_killua

Back to top Go down

Post  dark_lord_killua Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:25 pm

Mitsugi wrote:

Remember, learning your Hiragana and Katakana is the first step to being able to understand the dialogue in this video. *wink*. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, refer to the Japanese learning section of the forum, heh.

To quote Polnareff: "Holllay Sheet."
dark_lord_killua
dark_lord_killua

Back to top Go down

Post  mitziego Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:53 pm

man i gotta get an xbox! want to play that ff game so bad. all i have is a psp and ds. Just bought Kingdom hearts 358 days a few days ago Very Happy so far pretty fun but such a long tutorial.
mitziego
mitziego

Back to top Go down

Post  dark_lord_killua Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:29 pm

That's what I heard. I really want to get it.
dark_lord_killua
dark_lord_killua

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitsugi Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:55 pm

Holllay sheet is right! This game is going to be incredible. BOUT TIME we got a decent RPG. Good lord, how long has it been? Like half a year since a decent one?
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  dark_lord_killua Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:59 pm

I heard Kingdom Hearts 352/2 is pretty good and that's an rpg.
dark_lord_killua
dark_lord_killua

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitsugi Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:30 pm

Ok fine but I mean like TRULY good. An RPG that makes everybody stand in admiration. Know what I'm sayin?
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  dark_lord_killua Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:52 pm

Very true. That game looks so impressive my stand stands in admiration.
dark_lord_killua
dark_lord_killua

Back to top Go down

Post  GeraldTheGuy Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:17 am

If we limit this to just anime art styles then i guess they would be...

Final Fantasy X
castlevania series
Dragon quest viii
DDR (has a lot of anime crap in there)

without the anime id have to say

Diablo II
Starcraft
Warcraft III
Super Smash Brothers Melee (brawl is meh)

oddly enough those are probably my top 8 games.
GeraldTheGuy
GeraldTheGuy

Back to top Go down

Favorite anime games Empty Best game ever

Post  linkmax1412 Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:33 pm

Disgaea 3 is amazing very funny and has lots of hilarius anime references. its one of my favorite games of all time!
linkmax1412
linkmax1412

Back to top Go down

Post  elvenbladerogue Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:05 pm

dark_lord_killua wrote:
Mitsugi wrote:

To quote Polnareff: "Holllay Sheet."

alright i don't know why i didn't see this post untill now for some reason... but oh well.

with what mitsugi said.

I have to agree, there hasn't been any reall like "good" outstanding RPG games that makes everyone want to play it.

Yeah you have kingdom hearts, Star ocean and other things that came out. But in the pass few year the RPG genre for video games as a whole has been lacking alot, and/or hasn't done well with most gamers. Of course there are great like i said that HAS stood out to people but certain ones. Not like back in 1997 with FF7 it stood out to almost everyone.

On that note, everyone will always agree and disagree about what the best rpg game is. me i do not like kingdom hearts, FFXII, FFX-2, The first Star ocean. and other rpgs.

There hasn't been a ground breaking good rpg game in some time. RPG's it's self has gone down hill alot. by the way FFXIII looking it's going to redo the RPG world as a standing point for others to look at and try to do better.

After i played FFX-2, FFXII, FFVII DC, A lot of my hope for the FF series where crumbled away. In the recent years i havn't been able to play anything newly done for the FF series, i am still skiptal about FFXIII but it seems to be what us older FF fans are looking for in a RPG. So i am excited for it to come out.

I think the way FFXIII looks it will start a new path for rpgs. sine light on the whole rpg genre.

I have noticed after the whole RPG going down hill, 3rd person shooters has been making a really strong come back, Gear of war, Dead Space (even tought i didn't like it that much) and many others. Hopefully the RPG Genre will be back and going steedy.

My Fave kind of video games are RPG's and First person shooter. Now what i think was a great idea done right was what they did with borderlands. RPG and FPS mix. Done the right way. This game i know will start a lot of spin offs. There has been games before this (mostly MMORPG) that tried this and they all pretty much failed and never heard of again. I liked seeing that cross over of both types of games. Not saying make a FF FPS/RPG.

With FF7 DC, they tried to take it into a rpg/3rd person shooter. that game as it was fun to me, but it was one of those games that not everyone was going to beable to play it. You HAD to be into the FF7 series or at lest into the first game to be able to fully enjoy it. They didn't do a bad job but at the same time it would of best not to even done this game. The only reason why i got the game was for my Bday, plus for my FF series collection. This game is one of those games even if your into the FF7 series, you will just play it once and never play it again, possibley a 2nd time like i did to show a friend. Doing the side things in this game make you feel like your wasting your time and effort.

With FF CC (i think this is the one about the Turks) This was a great addition to the Story of FF7, everyone who ever played FF7 or watched FF7 AC always wondered who are the turks? the game it's self give us info but it didn't give us enough. However i found out that it was for cell phones only and i tough this was bull crap. Atlest put it on the psp or the game boy like tehy did with FF BC(or CC).

Now FF BC(or CC) for the psp was a great thing. I had no real like thing agenst this one. It give you alot of missing info about the FF7 series, it told you the story of Zach(Zack don't remember how it was spelt.) He was talked about in the first FF7 game (for PS1) he even was in the FF AC movie. There was alot of past talk of Cloud, Tifa, and other thing we wanted to know about. so we got to find out all these past event leading up to FF7.

At the same time some of these where crap some was good depending on who you are. how i see it. even if they never made a movie, or other game i will still be just as happy to have only FF7 for the PS1. With them adding more to the FF7 Story/Series made me feel like they wanted to milk it dry. Of course in FF7 they did make hints about these other event many of times tought out the whole game while playing it. again great storys some of the game play was crap. but at the same time we could of lived with out them.

I am Hopeing with FFXIII if it does just s good or if not better than FF7 that they won't milk it as bad as they did with FF7, i am sure there will be a 2nd one if it does well enough and maybe a movie. but just don't try to prolong it for a long time.
elvenbladerogue
elvenbladerogue

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next