Anime Addicts Anonymous Podcast Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Top 10's: Favorite Anime Openings/Closings

+3
CanadaMan
mannypooh
Mitsugi
7 posters

Go down

The Top 10's: Favorite Anime Openings/Closings Empty The Top 10's: Favorite Anime Openings/Closings

Post  Mitsugi Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:51 pm

This is a thread to list your favorite openings/closings of all time. It might be nice to include a reason why each is in the top 10 as well as a link to a youtube video for each. Optional, of course, but might be nice.
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

The Top 10's: Favorite Anime Openings/Closings Empty Re: The Top 10's: Favorite Anime Openings/Closings

Post  mannypooh Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:03 pm

Can we put in a top 10 list without actually numbering them? I never did a top 10 anything before, and i would be too hard pressed to find one i absolutely like above all others.
mannypooh
mannypooh

Back to top Go down

The Top 10's: Favorite Anime Openings/Closings Empty Re: The Top 10's: Favorite Anime Openings/Closings

Post  CanadaMan Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:29 pm

This may take a while. Consider this a placeholder as I gather my thoughts and links.

*ZEN*

Much like Mannypooh, this would be hella difficult to actually order in terms of most favourite to slightly-less-than-most favourite. So I'm just going to list 10 in no particular order because I AM CANADIAN!

10. Initial D 4th Stage 2nd ED: Nobody Reason by m.o.v.e

Being a mecha and sci-fi fan, I tend to prefer my music fast, my beats heavy and explosions a-plenty. Occasionally I like something softer and slower that gets your heart pounding - and not because it's hot-blooded.

9. F-Zero Densetsu (a.k.a. The Legend of F-Zero) OP: The Meaning of Truth by Hiro-X
And on the "Becoming Hot-Blooded" side of the coin we have this gem. Mind you, I've never watched the series, but watching this makes one shed a manly tear. And if it doesn't ... then you're dead to me.

8. Devil May Cry OP: D.M.C. by Takeshi Hama

Not your usual case of "Promise Low, Deliver High", the OP certainly sets the bar a little higher for the DMC (no, not Detroit Metal City) anime. It delivers about 1/4th of the time, so if you want maximum hot-blood, listen to this while watching the cutscenes from Devil May Cry 4.

7. Gundam SEED Destiny ED1: Reason by Nami Tamaki

I remember the days when Destiny didn't suck i.e. the first episode where Shinn lands to save the day in the Sword Impulse. Right after that, the ED hits, and it left me wanting more (that feeling did not last the entire series). I will give the EDs of SEED and Destiny this: it was damn cool seeing the line-up of battle-damaged mobile suits and pilots in various areas.

6. Macross Frontier OP2: Lion by May'N and Megumi Nakajima

What happens when you like a song and opening animation so much that it hurts? Make a series finale out of it. Literally. The Macross Frontier series finale skips the OP because it IS the OP. And ED. And insert songs. And service medleys. I'm not complaining because clearly, I'm not the only one who likes Lion.

5. Code Geass: Lelouch of Rebellion OP3: Hitomi no Tsubasa by Access

There aren't many 25 episode anime seasons that feature 3 opening songs, but Code Geass is one of them. I'm thankful for this (even if there was a six month wait between Stage 23 and Stages 24 and 25) because it's a kick-ass song amongst kick-ass openings.

4. Sengoku Basara OP: JAP by Abingdon Boy School

What's a manly anime like Sengoku Basara without a manly opening? NOTHING, that's what. Fortunately JAP delivers for this Dynasty Warriors styled action. For a bonus, watch the actual OP animation. Every manly army manly dances in the manly OP! MANLY!

3. K-ON! ED: Don't Say Lazy Yoko Hikasa with Aki Toyosaki, Satomi Satou and Minako Kotobuki

Moe aside, this song is pretty upbeat from "Fuwa Fuwa Time" - the song performed in-anime by the K-ON music group. I gotta respect any anime about bands because they usually have some really good music. Case in point right here.

2. FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood ED2: Let It Out by Miho Fukuhara

FMA had some awesome OPs and EDs, they were among the first J-pop and J-rock songs I had the pleasure of listening to. Now Brotherhood sweeps in with more great OPs and EDs, like Again and Let It Out. I challenge you to listen to the instrumental track of Let It Out and not love it.

1. Gundam 00 OP1: Daybreak's Bell by L'Arc ~en~Ciel

The PV fits perfectly with the message that 00 tries to convey, which makes the song even better. Daybreak's Bell promised high for 00 and 00 delivered even higher. When I listen to this song, all I can imagine are the Meisters taking it to a war-torn Earth.

Now, you may be thinking "Hey you dumb Canadian, you put Gundam on the list twice!". Well, it's true. Gundam is on their twice. It would have been on there a lot more if I didn't have a little self-control. Let's face it, I came from Gundamn, so what did you honestly expect? Besides, 00 and Destiny are different.

00 was actually good.

Oh snap! Burn on Fukuda.

Anyways, that's my list, now I have to go listen/watch Baku's.

Last edited by CanadaMan on Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : LIST IS DONE!)
CanadaMan
CanadaMan

Back to top Go down

Post  bakuhasu Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:00 pm

Ok gotta post this up... I'VE GOT MY LIST

ALRIGHT

NUMBA 10: Full Metal Alchemist Opening 4 Rewrite Asian Kung Fu Generation

NUMBA 9: Air Gear Opening Chain Back-On

NUMBA 8: Eden of the East Oasis "Falling Down"

NUMBA 7: Gundam 00 Season 2 Opening "Hakanaku mo Towa no Kanashi" by UVERworld

NUMBA 6: BECK Opening "Hit in the USA" Beat Crusaders

NUMBA 5: Nodame Cantabile "Allegro Cantabile" by SUEMITSU & THE SUEMITH

NUMBA 4: Blood+ Opening 3 "Colors of the Heart" by UVERworld

NUMBA 3: Aquarion Opening "Sousei no Aquarion" by AKINO

NUMBA 2: RahXephon Opening "Hemisphere" Maaya Sakamoto

FINNALLY

NUMBA 1: CARAMELLDANSEN

Obvious Jkjk

NUMBA 1: CLANNAD Afterstory (who wouldve guessed) "Toki wo Kizamu Uta" by Lia

THERE DONE AND WITH NO NARUTO, ONE PIECE, BLEACH, CRUEL ANGEL THESIS, TANK! FREE!!!
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

Post  mannypooh Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:06 pm

i guess i will post my top 10, but they wont be in a patricular order, since im not good at judging things...

Number 10: Capeta- Ever End by Tsubasa Imai
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_hGG2qwUoc

Number 9: Kaleido Star- Take It Shake It by Sugar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkqcR39DGaI

Number 8: Sola - Colorless Wind by Aira Yuki
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsURKxFBR8c

Number 7: Cooking Master Boy - Kimi Sae Ireba by Deen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hZ_Ps8OOJ0

Number 6: Card Captor Sakura - Platinum by Maaya Sakamoto
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnt8TG5Ps3k

Number 5: V gundam - Don't Stop, Carry On! by Sage Koizumi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYp1lOODgZc

Number 4: Aura Battler Dunbine - Dunbine Tobu by Mio
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8LKnWaRKpE

Number 3: 009-1- Destiny Girl by Minato
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAf91_mFIuE

Number 2: Shin Getter Robo: Armageddon - Ima ga Sono Toki da (This Is the Time) by Ichiro Mizuki
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl6J4igQ_vQ

Number 1: Hajime No Ippo - Inner Light by Shocking Lemon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap0zJeeqB6k
mannypooh
mannypooh

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitsugi Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:10 am

You guys are awesome. Keep em coming. I'm going to withhold mine because we may discuss it on the podcast eventually.

I will just say that I am surprised that I haven't seen the Elfen Lied opening yet.
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  mannypooh Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:01 pm

I didnt like the elfen lied op. i liked narutaru one better only because it lulls the viewer into a false sense of security Razz With the op to elfen lied, it's just too religious sounding for my tastes.
mannypooh
mannypooh

Back to top Go down

Post  elvenbladerogue Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:50 pm

Mitsugi wrote:You guys are awesome. Keep em coming. I'm going to withhold mine because we may discuss it on the podcast eventually.

I will just say that I am surprised that I haven't seen the Elfen Lied opening yet.

haha! funny elfen lied is one of my all time fave anime theme songs!

10: Elfen Lied Theme song!

9: Bleach - Opening 1 - Asterisk (Orange Range) I <3 Rukia

8: Bleach opening 2 theme song

7: Cowboy Bebop opening!
First ever anime i ever watched fully and one of the few that made me cry.

6: .Hack//sign opening theme.

5: Gunslinger girl
(watching/listening to this sad make feel like crying) Triela is my fave girl from this anime!

4: Beck opening theme!

i never watch this anime fully but a few ep's but god damn that theme song really really stood out for me that i had to download it and put on my psp to listen to!

3: Please Teacher opening theme.

Man i freaking love this whole anime music, story the cast of charters such a great anime!

2: Sailor Moon Stars opening!

I think we all say something with sailor moon coming from me being a big fan and all. I never got to see much of sailor moon stars, however The stars theme song stands out to me the most ouf of all the themes very well done and i love it!

And now... for my number 1 opening of all time!

here is comes!

1: Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone complex Opening.

Ghost in the shell has been one of my fav anime series of all time. amazing anime amazing music. but out all every single opening i have seen and listened to this is the top one for me! I love techno and Trance the most out of any kind of music, and this has such a great feel sound and everything to it. I will always have a place in my heart for this theme song!

elvenbladerogue
elvenbladerogue

Back to top Go down

Post  Grim Reaper Hei Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:04 am

Yeah best openings and endings here we go:
Oh and P.S not in any real order thats why I am starting at 1. I also feel that i should inform you that just because the opening or ending is in this list it does not mean I like that anime (although most of them are good) it just means that I like the song and that the opening or ending themselves are good.

1) Vampire knight guilty-Rinne Rondo

2) D. Gray-Man op 2-Brightdown

3) Busou Renkin-Makka na Chikai

4) Death Note-The World

5) Tokyo Maji-0:00AM

6)Zoku Natsume Yuujin Chou-Ano hi Time Machine

7) Gurren Lagann-Sorairo Days

8)Bakemonogatari-Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari

9)Darker than Black-Howling

10)Darker Than Black Ryuusei no Gemini(Season 2)-Tsukiakari no Michishirube

(sorry can't stop there wish I could)

11)Clannad After Story-Lia Toki wo Kizamu Uta

12)Toradora-salty Vanilla and pre-parde both=good

13)Gundam 00 Season 2-Hakanaku mo Towa no Kanashi

14)GTO-Hitori No Yoru

Sorry I know I'm 4 (tech. 5 but oh well) over but I couldn't stop at 10 I could add another 2 and make it an even 15 but even narrowing down 2 more would be difficult so i will stop here Smile Although looking at it I do feel like I am missing one well if I find out what it is ill re-edit and post it.
Grim Reaper Hei
Grim Reaper Hei

http://myanimelist.net/profile/yellowflash09

Back to top Go down

Post  Saber Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:31 am

Oh boy, here we go~

TOP 10 Openings

#01 FLOW - WORLD END [CODE GEASS - Lelouch of the Rebellion R2]

#02 Nightmare - the WORLD [DEATH NOTE OP1]

#03 origa - rise [Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG OP]

#04 ANNA TSUCHIYA inspi' NANA [BLACK STONES] - rose [NANA OP1]

#05 MELL - Red fraction [Black Lagoon OP]

#06 Okui Masami - shuffle [Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters OP2]

#07 HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR - PRIDE [Mobile Suit Gundam SEED DESTINY OP2]

#08 the brilliant green - Ash Like Snow [Mobile Suit Gundam 00 OP1]

#09 YUI - again [Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood OP1]

#10 Tainaka Sachi - disillusion -2010- [Fate/stay night TV Reproduction OP]

TOP 10 Endings

#01 Sheryl Nome starring May'n - Northern Cross [Macross Frontier ED2]

#02 Jean-Jacques Burnel - You Won't See Me Coming [Gankutsuou - The Count of Monte Cristo ED1]

#03 Toyosaki Aki, Hisaka Yoko, Satou Satomi and Kotobuki Minako - Don't say 'lazy' [K-ON! ED1]

#04 Annabel - My heaven [CANAAN ED]

#05 Maximum The Hormone - Zetsubou Billy [DEATH NOTE ED2]

#06 alice nine. - CROSS GAME [Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's ED2]

#07 Arisaka Mika - Life Goes On [Mobile Suit Gundam SEED DESTINY ED2]

#08 Ikusawa Yuichi - Afureru Yuujou ga Tomachinai [Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters ED4]

#09 Jyukai - Anata ga Ita Mori [Fate/stay night ED1]

#10 Psychic Lover - LOST IN SPACE [Tytania ED]
Saber
Saber

http://www.myanimelist.net/profile/Saber

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down