Anime Addicts Anonymous Podcast Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is this anime??

+2
The Green Gentleman
TheSuspiciousRedLamp
6 posters

Go down

What is this anime?? Empty What is this anime??

Post  TheSuspiciousRedLamp Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:31 am

I saw that this kind of topic wasn't made and I wanted to help everybody. This topic is meant to help people. You want to start a new anime, but you don't know if it's good or not. Then, post here and someone who has already see it should gave you a little backup. If you don't understand what I'm trying to do, here's an exemple:

Baku post here: Is Eureka Seven a good show?

Then someone, let's say CanadaMan, post: Yes it is very good, you should watch it.

Of course, it can be a longer explanation than just: Yes it's good. So this topic will need the participation of a lot of people. (Hope it can work). Razz

So... I'll start with one: What is so great about Clannad??
TheSuspiciousRedLamp
TheSuspiciousRedLamp

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Duskrados

Back to top Go down

What is this anime?? Empty Re: What is this anime??

Post  The Green Gentleman Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:04 am

Clannad is awesome because it touches the viewer on a deep, emotional level. It's very light-hearted though, and not something for a "harcore" anime viewer, but it has a great message and plot, as well as a familial environment. Also, Key.
The Green Gentleman
The Green Gentleman

https://www.facebook.com/the.green.gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post  bakuhasu Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:06 am

U did NOT just start saying that.... Clannad is a very good slice of life anime that is done by the Visual Novel company Visual Arts/Key. Visual Arts/Key has a thing for you know the crying game which is to tell a story with it's protagonist being emotionally or physically separated so the player themselves would at times to an extent cry for these characters. Enter Jun Maeda the mastermind behind the works like AIR, Little Busters!(This needs to be adapted BTW). His works on AIR is solid enough with his staple of the line music and his way of incorporating genre is unique. But how does this include CLANNAD? CLANNAD is the story of Okazaki Tomoya who goes on his daily life with family issues. CLANNAD being a family centered anime (and also my enjoyment upped to my #1 spot of all time is because I came in at the right time and place), focuses on Tomoya's growth with Nagisa and their little everyday lives in teaching each other how to get by. What makes Tomoya a more interesting character is that he is a delinquent, but more in more want to focus in helping others such as other classmates or schoolmates eventually joining him and eventually "metaphorically" start a family. The first season however, though solid, isn't the best of the best of the Visual arts/KEY line. Don't get me wrong great drama, slapstick, comedic elements that pretty much wraps up the "homey" atmosphere and establish in the psychological and depressing journey that is the 2nd season (After Story). This is pretty much on why people hype to the point of awesome because the 2nd season is well, focuses on the life after high school. The journey and themes that Tomoya has to go through such as starting a family, job finding, friends, ambitions, everything that is indeed themes that you need to question yourself throughout life. After story really shines in that with adding the KEY staple that is to make more people depressed but come back for seconds. I hope that pretty much sums up in the overall things that is to expect of CLANNAD/AfterStory.
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

Post  The Green Gentleman Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:09 am

bakuhasu wrote:U did NOT just start saying that.... Clannad is a very good slice of life anime that is done by the Visual Novel company Visual Arts/Key. Visual Arts/Key has a thing for you know the crying game which is to tell a story with it's protagonist being emotionally or physically separated so the player themselves would at times to an extent cry for these characters.

Enter Jun Maeda the mastermind behind the works like AIR, Little Busters!(This needs to be adapted BTW). His works on AIR is solid enough with his staple of the line music and his way of incorporating genre is unique. But how does this include CLANNAD? CLANNAD is the story of Okazaki Tomoya who goes on his daily life with family issues. CLANNAD being a family centered anime (and also my enjoyment upped to my #1 spot of all time is because I came in at the right time and place), focuses on Tomoya's growth with Nagisa and their little everyday lives in teaching each other how to get by.

What makes Tomoya a more interesting character is that he is a delinquent, but more in more want to focus in helping others such as other classmates or schoolmates eventually joining him and eventually "metaphorically" start a family. The first season however, though solid, isn't the best of the best of the Visual arts/KEY line. Don't get me wrong great drama, slapstick, comedic elements that pretty much wraps up the "homey" atmosphere and establish in the psychological and depressing journey that is the 2nd season (After Story).

This is pretty much on why people hype to the point of awesome because the 2nd season is well, focuses on the life after high school. The journey and themes that Tomoya has to go through such as starting a family, job finding, friends, ambitions, everything that is indeed themes that you need to question yourself throughout life. After story really shines in that with adding the KEY staple that is to make more people depressed but come back for seconds. I hope that pretty much sums up in the overall things that is to expect of CLANNAD/AfterStory.

Also this. Hey Baku, I don't agree with you about AIR, though, I thought the plot line was a bit shaky at best. Too rushed IMO. Needs a remake like Kanon got.
The Green Gentleman
The Green Gentleman

https://www.facebook.com/the.green.gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post  bakuhasu Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:17 am

Just from my perspective. AIR only has 3 girls that serve as the Kyo-ani/Key staple of providing the story for each individual girl with Misuzu being the final and main. Not one of the finest in terms of story, but then again you can say it serves as a benchmark in how Kyoto Animation can adapt Visual Arts/Key titles. I thought the pacing wasn't shaky, though good, just not the best. With that remake it's not going to happen. The remake was only Kyoto animation's take on Kanon, which in 2002 Toei animation (not the best when it comes to adapting Visual Art/Key Titles), adapted their own 12 episodes with the main focus on the main heroine.
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

Post  TheSuspiciousRedLamp Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:19 am

Well thanks to both of you guys!! This is definitely the next anime that I'm going to watch!! Now it's your turn people. Ask and get some thoughts from our supporters!!
TheSuspiciousRedLamp
TheSuspiciousRedLamp

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Duskrados

Back to top Go down

Post  Jrow Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:34 am

Alright, I'll go.

Is Soul Eater worth my time? I remember watching when the show first aired and dropping it around episode 9. I don't think I dropped it out of not enjoying the series, but I can't confirm or deny that didn't happen. Would you say Soul Eater is in the Top 20 in its genre?

Also, is there really a difference between the cut/uncut version on Soul Eater? Soul Eater doesn't seem to be full of ecchi like Ikkitousen or w/e.
Jrow
Jrow

Back to top Go down

Post  Anarchy Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:17 am

TheSuspiciousRedLamp wrote:So... I'll start with one: What is so great about Clannad??
The Appropriate question would be "What isnt good about Clannad?"
Anarchy
Anarchy

Back to top Go down

Post  bakuhasu Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:39 am

Jrow wrote:Alright, I'll go.

Is Soul Eater worth my time? I remember watching when the show first aired and dropping it around episode 9. I don't think I dropped it out of not enjoying the series, but I can't confirm or deny that didn't happen. Would you say Soul Eater is in the Top 20 in its genre?

Also, is there really a difference between the cut/uncut version on Soul Eater? Soul Eater doesn't seem to be full of ecchi like Ikkitousen or w/e.

As a shounen anime with a sense of flare given by the fine guys at BONES production (which is my favorite anime production BTW), it stands really well with it's awesome music, action sequences, and visuals. But to your answer Jrow, don't expect anything really good to come our in terms of plot to contribute the overall product. Just think of it as laid back shounen beat em up with the next end boss to beat. Continue on if you like....
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Rekka Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:36 am

And the dubs really good too =D I started watching like the first 6-7 episodes one time, but then I just decided to wait till funimation (Who i was sure would make an epic dub) did so, which turned out was only about 2 months away, so why not wait?
Rekka
Rekka

Back to top Go down

Post  Jrow Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:18 pm

bakuhasu wrote:
Jrow wrote:Alright, I'll go.

As a shounen anime with a sense of flare given by the fine guys at BONES production (which is my favorite anime production BTW), it stands really well with it's awesome music, action sequences, and visuals. But to your answer Jrow, don't expect anything really good to come our in terms of plot to contribute the overall product. Just think of it as laid back shounen beat em up with the next end boss to beat. Continue on if you like....
This post leans me toward not watching it, but I want to give it one more chance.

How is the comedy in Soul Eater, and does it at any point drift off as the show progresses?
Jrow
Jrow

Back to top Go down

Post  bakuhasu Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:10 pm

Comedy in Soul Eater is great especially around episode 15 which made me LOL! The show does drift off here and there for episode fillers especially fillers w/ Excalibur. All in all I enjoyed it but if ur itching to watch it I'd say go ahead. Definitely one of the best when it comes to shonen.
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down