Anime Addicts Anonymous Podcast Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Favorite Seiyuus (japanese voice actors)

3 posters

Go down

Your Favorite Seiyuus (japanese voice actors) Empty Your Favorite Seiyuus (japanese voice actors)

Post  bakuhasu Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:58 am

Hey guys just curious what are your favorite seiyuus. Mine would be Jun Fukuyama who did the infamous Lelouch Lamperouge from the one and only Code Geass/R2. The reason being with Jun Fukuyama is that he can really do a really dark tone especially when he does Lelouch's voice (my god such a dark voice for such a fitting character). Especially nowadays where from my understanding he started doing villainous roles after he voiced Lelouch Lamperouge. My second Favorite would have to be Hikaru Midorikawa ( Heero Yuy from Gundam Wing, Li Xing Ke from Code Geass R2, and the role that is in my favorite anime Yusuke Yoshino from Clannad/After Story). He's my second favorite because he just have this cool voice which defines any character which he played as well.... "Cool"that cannot be portrayed by any other voice actor today ( but that's in my understanding). Also he happens to be a huge fan of Clannad and Super Robot Wars ( O yeah he's Masaki Ando from the game and anime) both my favorite things when it comes to anime. Just putting my two cents and love to hear what you guys have to say when it comes to the voices of anime. I mean without seiyuus, anime would be a voiceless medium...
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

Your Favorite Seiyuus (japanese voice actors) Empty Re: Your Favorite Seiyuus (japanese voice actors)

Post  CanadaMan Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:48 am

While I do second Jun Fukuyama (who was also in Gravion and Macross Frontier), and nominate Yuuichi Nakamura (Frontier, 00, Basquash), I also think this should be expanded to all Voice Actors.
And with that, I also add in Crispin Freeman (Wolf's Rain, Naruto, Eureka 7, Code Geass)
CanadaMan
CanadaMan

Back to top Go down

Your Favorite Seiyuus (japanese voice actors) Empty Re: Your Favorite Seiyuus (japanese voice actors)

Post  bakuhasu Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:23 am

CanadaMan wrote:While I do second Jun Fukuyama (who was also in Gravion and Macross Frontier), and nominate Yuuichi Nakamura (Frontier, 00, Basquash), I also think this should be expanded to all Voice Actors.
And with that, I also add in Crispin Freeman (Wolf's Rain, Naruto, Eureka 7, Code Geass)

AHA!!!!! Canadaman Yuuichi ALSO did the MAIN lead in Clannad and to me he's a rising seiyuu... well put well put...
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadaMan Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:04 pm

I didn't list all of his exploits, otherwise we'd be here a while, just a few main ones.
CanadaMan
CanadaMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Saber Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:39 pm

Kawasumi Ayako

The voice of my favorite female anime and visual novel character, Saber from Fate/stay night. She is also well known as Mahoro in Mahoromatic, Ohno Kanako in Genshiken, Himemiya Chikane from Kannazuki no Miko and Lafiel from Crest of the Stars. More recently, she's been playing Chizuru in Kanokon, Reina in Queen's Blade and Alice in Pandora Hearts, as well as Henrietta from Zero no Tsukaima.

Her role as Saber obviously what made my love for her voice spark. She has this really powerful voice, especially when voicing Saber and Chikane and has so much dignity and pride in it. Yet, she can also sound very soft and humble. She has an awesome range in my opinion. To my dismay however, she's been playing more and more roles in Ecchi series, like I've listed above and since I always identify her voice with Saber, it sorta hurts me inside when I hear her in these crappy shows.

George (Jouji) Nakata

This man is God. He is by far the most awesome male voice actor I have ever heard. His voice is full of power and might and when he laughs, really loses it, oh my God. He is probably most well known for his role of Alucard in Hellsing and Hellsing Ultimate. He also played Kotomine Kirei in Fate/stay night as well as Araya Souren in Kara no Kyoukai and of course the Count of Monte Cristo in Gankutsuou.

I would kill to just once meet him and Kawasumi Ayako.

Wakamoto Norio

This man is also God. He's probably Nakata's biggest rival when it comes to their kind of voice acting and range. His voice is always instantly identifyable because of his unique speech pattern. He does that in all his roles. Most recently, we saw him as Charles zi Britannia in CODE GEASS, but he's also famous for being Alucard's rival, Alexander Anderson in Hellsing Ultimate, as well as Oskar von Reuenthal in Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Chiho-chan's Dad in Azumanga Daioh (very awesome) and Cell from Dragon Ball Z.

Fukuyama Jun

A rather new addition to my roster, but seriously, when you're watching recent anime, you simply cannot miss this guy anymore. Obviously, his biggest claim to fame so far is that of our beloved Emperor Lelouch vi Britannia from CODE GEASS, but he's recently also appeared in Valkyria Chronicles as Maximillian and Leopard in Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo. Also Albert from Gankutsuou. I really love his range of voice, ranging from innocent young boy to this really devilish, deep, commanding voice he has as Lelouch or Maximillian. This guy most certainly has a bright future ahead of him. Should there be any more CODE GEASS involved, all the better.

Sakamoto Maaya

One of the most well known Seiyuu of today, she voiced Kanzaki Hitomi in Vision of Escaflowne (debut role), Mari add Makinami Illustrious from EVA 2.0 onwards, Tomoyo in all of Tsubasa Chronicle, Alphard in CANAAN and Ryougi Shiki in Kara no Kyoukai. Like all the aforementioned, she has incredible range. She can have a really light, cute voice but is also capable of very hard, cold performances as shown in Kara no Kyoukai and CANAAN. Very easily identifyable voice. Also sings very good (first OP to Macross Frontier, among others).

The most important ones I can think of right now.
Saber
Saber

http://www.myanimelist.net/profile/Saber

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadaMan Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:46 pm

Saber wrote:
Sakamoto Maaya

One of the most well known Seiyuu of today, she voiced Kanzaki Hitomi in Vision of Escaflowne (debut role)

I will also point out that she was actually a teenager when she got the role of Hitomi.

Apparently Wakamoto did voice directions for a GPS company.

Nice choices, I approve!
CanadaMan
CanadaMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down