Anime Addicts Anonymous Podcast Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Top 10's: Favorite Animes of all time!!!

+2
Mitsugi
bakuhasu
6 posters

Go down

The Top 10's: Favorite Animes of all time!!! Empty The Top 10's: Favorite Animes of all time!!!

Post  bakuhasu Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:29 pm

Well damn! I just found out there is no topic regarding anyone's(besides the intro) favorite anime(s) of all time. Well post em up! Top 10's, 5's, 25's, whatever is appreciated. Just want to know and share what are your favorite anime of all time.
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

The Top 10's: Favorite Animes of all time!!! Empty Re: The Top 10's: Favorite Animes of all time!!!

Post  Mitsugi Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:39 pm

I'm going to refrain from mine because it may be an upcoming topic of discussion on the podcast. There has been talk of dedicating an episode to a Top 25 anime of all time or a specific host of overall in general.
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

The Top 10's: Favorite Animes of all time!!! Empty Re: The Top 10's: Favorite Animes of all time!!!

Post  bakuhasu Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:16 am

AAALLLRIGHT! hey guys just trying to revive and to "liven" up this topic here because I think that you guys have something to contribute when it comes to your favorite anime. Another reason is mainly a suggestion topic to see whats good to watch and all that stuff. Without further ado let me post my TOP 10 anime of all time!

Number 10: Ef a tale of Memories
The Top 10's: Favorite Animes of all time!!! Ef-a-tale-of-memories-146-prev

Reason: Beautiful just beautiful. With it's breathtaking animation (yeah it ousted Da Capo), Euphoric World as a general opening for the whole anime, storyline that interlace events from multiple character perspectives, psychological aspects from the characters throughout, a deep enough story that suits multiple viewings, this is just a really well done anime. Not to mention that this anime totally changed my perspective on what to watch and what not to watch.

Number 9: 5 Centimeters a Second

The Top 10's: Favorite Animes of all time!!! 134609poster_byousoku

Reason: Well the fact that it is pretty much simple but beautiful ( If you have a dime everytime I say this word in this top 10 of mine). Following one person in 3 different events in his life just to define his perception of love that leaves you nothing in the end but bittersweet. What can you say that hasn't said about Makoto Shinkai's most recent anime that is in my list of all time favs?

Number 8: Summer Wars

The Top 10's: Favorite Animes of all time!!! Poster_summer_wars_p2

Reason: Alright I gotta say this, NO summer wars is not the best looking anime to date with character animation look like a slightly updated version of "Digimon the Movie", O and speaking of that it borrows alot of key plotpoints from that movie also. But that movie was pretty shounen esque and I felt like this movie really just personifies and humanizes this particular type of story. With that, this is Summer Wars people! Though not perfect this anime does ALOT well namely characters, atmosphere, the generalization of OZ, these are the key ingredients that made this an hour and a half movie such a delight to watch and can induce seconds afterwards.

Number 7: Samurai X ( or known as Rurouni Kenshin) :Trust and Betrayal

The Top 10's: Favorite Animes of all time!!! 152ja8n

Reason: The raison d'etre of Himura Kenshin is recieved by many a "masterpiece". I couldn't agree more... Reason is the psychological nature of the man makes sense and making his character through a really change of course through events that eventually made him to the TV-Series of Rurouni Kenshin. That I really liked and that itself is the core aspect that really made this 6 art OVA such a enjoyable Masterpiece.

Number 6: Tengen Toppa Guren Lagann

The Top 10's: Favorite Animes of all time!!! TengenToppaGurrenLagann

Reason:
Is there supposed to be a reason? This is Tengen Toppa Guren Lagan B&*ch! JUST WHATDO YOU THINK THIS ANIME IS? With memes of the anime aside DAMN good anime indeed. Simon's journey of becoming the person who he is a well executed take with Giant Robot's, hot- bloodedness, Boobs, and Moe. EVERY MAN MUST SEE THIS. Therefore this is a coming of age tale with themes mentioned above. Honorary mention of this anime's take on Simon's development as a character. They did not go towards the slow route, but rather a more well paced and clear visualization of his development good game Gainax (now if you stop with hyping EVA now..)

Number 5: Kara no Kyoukai ( or otherwise known as the Garden of Sinners)

The Top 10's: Favorite Animes of all time!!! B.430.0.16777215.0..stories.news.img_news_anime_082807_2

Reason: Though I did not get the full gist of it (More of a breathe in breathe out anime), I did however get important plotlines. Alright Kinoko Nasu really really must be happy to partake in such a wonderful anime. As one of his earlier works before TYPE-MOON was established, it is one grim and really dark mature anime. With Nasu's theories implemented in such a way that no other TYPE-MOON anime can do (ufotable you guys deserve a cookie), it really just make average anime viewers like me turn their heads (I didn't even know this was TYPE MOON at the time given the complicated story structure)just because the story is heavy on dialogue. But that aside visually it is REALLY beautiful with contrast of green usage in dark lights in the alleys just shows the overall atmosphere about this anime. Like all other Nasu titles there is much to be said but it's hard to say but I'll leave it off in saying this is the definitive TYPE-MOON storytelling.

Number 4: Gundam 00
The Top 10's: Favorite Animes of all time!!! Fun-games-for-kids12

Reason: The only Gundam on my list. Alright I need to put a guideline out there, I love Gundam in it's entirety, listen to Gundamn! whenever a new episode is out, but there is only one thing story was never a really the priority (IMO) when it comes to Gundam. That aside I would like to say that Gundam 00 was an exception, especially when coming out of destiny. I have no idea what to expect when it comes to just shear enjoyment and the shear amounts of twists that this anime had brought me through. It defined what Gundam should have been for the 21st century, my god this is the best Gundam in terms of everything. Can't wait for the movie!!!

Number 3: Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion/ R2
The Top 10's: Favorite Animes of all time!!! %5BUNSET%5D

Reason: What hasn't said about this anime that is already said a million times....? well plus me and AAA that is currently reviewing the two seasons of course. I cannot find any faults in this anime. It started like any other and complicates things by ALOT ( I still don't know what the World Of C mean yet). This anime as I said before sets off an appeal unlike any other I have ever seen. Namely great looking mechs, great looking character designs, animation still holds up well, story that is engaging and twist heavy. I think I'll leave it up to the next guy to explain why this anime is so entertaining.

Number 2: RahXephon
The Top 10's: Favorite Animes of all time!!! Rahxephon

Reason: Evangelion Clones are good, That's it... end of discussion. JKJK Let me put this out... Sure RahXephon borrows heavy from Evangelion ( it is not the best anime ever made...), but then it stands out beautifully as it's own individual take. I watched this anime without any knowledge of the mindfu*kery that Evangelion gave me and I LOVED this anime. For it's time BONES (one of their first projects) animate this with a really good sense of what the atmosphere feels and looks. Everything just feels right and beautiful, monster of the week included.

NUMBER 1: CLANNAD/AFTER STORY
The Top 10's: Favorite Animes of all time!!! Clannad-after-story

Reason: I think I need to explain myself the 1000th time in this forum. CLANNAD IS GOOOOD. NO TOOO GOOOD. NOO REALLY GOOOD. NOOO A F&*KING MASTERPIECE. Though this anime has some faults of its own, it redeems itself with AS Ep 9 and onwards. The themes brought onto this whole anime is such a delight to watch as the protagonist gets caught in situations that these themes are brought up. Everything in CLANNAD is pretty much not offensive it is what Visual arts/KEY can do soo well, and that is create a bond with that character. Using a event or character's inability to break any connection and thus making the audience break down in depression ( I'm not to afraid to say that this anime made me bawl like a bitch), then have a dramatic and happy outcome that wraps up the story in bittersweet goodness. It's been the blueprint setup in all of KEY's stories, but CLANNAD uses these mechanics and expands them by so much more. Family is centered in this anime and boy I have my share of family problems. You can say pretty much I can relate to Tomoya at the time I am watching this anime. More so after watching this I was just TAUGHT by just how this anime can change my whole perception of my viewings of life and that my friends is hard to do. A beautiful masterpiece... I wish Ushio, Tomoya and Nagisa have a good one.

Alright...... Time for your guys top 10. I want to see it!!!! It's like Christmas morning all over again!

Last edited by bakuhasu on Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Grim Reaper Hei Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:56 pm

OMG I don't think I could ever pick just 10 but since I have no choice I will limit it to just that so here we go. I want to say im sorry for not giving my reason on why I like all these I just can't find the words do describe what I like most about them.

10- Nana
The Top 10's: Favorite Animes of all time!!! Nana

9- Gundam 00
The Top 10's: Favorite Animes of all time!!! Gundam-00

8- Bakemonogatari
The Top 10's: Favorite Animes of all time!!! Konachan.com-56277-araragi_karen-araragi_koyomi-araragi_tsukihi-bakemonogatari-hachikuji_mayoi-hanekawa_tsubasa-kanbaru_suruga-oshino_shinobu-sengoku_nadeko-e1261322653895

7- Hell Girl/Jigoku Shoujo- season 1 is alittle slow with not much story till the end but season 2 and 3 get much better.
The Top 10's: Favorite Animes of all time!!! Hell_girl

6-Toradora
The Top 10's: Favorite Animes of all time!!! Toradora-25-01-590x331

5- Elfen Lied
The Top 10's: Favorite Animes of all time!!! Elfen-lied

4- Kara No Kyoukai
The Top 10's: Favorite Animes of all time!!! Karanokyoukaiur7

3- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
The Top 10's: Favorite Animes of all time!!! Gainax-gurrenlagannrk5

2- Great Teacher Onizuka (GTO)
The Top 10's: Favorite Animes of all time!!! Great_Teacher_Onizuka

1-Clannad
The Top 10's: Favorite Animes of all time!!! CLANNAD00f

Well thats 10 wish I could list more but I hope that gives you an idea into the different types of anime I like.
Grim Reaper Hei
Grim Reaper Hei

http://myanimelist.net/profile/yellowflash09

Back to top Go down

Post  makapoochi Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:32 pm

oooooooo!!. i've only actually seen the first one but i will definitely reference these lists! thanks! im excited to check all these out!
makapoochi
makapoochi

https://www.youtube.com/jairusbilo

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitsugi Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:38 pm

As much as I'd LOVE to take part in this one. I think I'm going to insist that episode 27 of the podcast is a top 50 countdown. I don't wanna give too much away.
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  bakuhasu Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:59 pm

Mitsugi wrote:As much as I'd LOVE to take part in this one. I think I'm going to insist that episode 27 of the podcast is a top 50 countdown. I don't wanna give too much away.

I hope you don't give too much Mitsugi seems like Ep 27 is going to be a good one
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitsugi Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:16 am

Hehe. I'm not going to give away any. I think how we'll do it is that we'll take the 4 of us and all write out top 20 anime. Then the ones that have overlaps will be higher ranked.
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  makapoochi Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:23 am

im really excited for this episode!! i've been looking for some really good reccomendations for the top of the tops in anime and i think u guys have pretty good taste.
makapoochi
makapoochi

https://www.youtube.com/jairusbilo

Back to top Go down

Post  kiyomiuchiha05 Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:45 am

Here are my top ten. I didn't put pictures because majority of what I've put are commenly known

10.DNAngel
9.Chrono Crusade
8.Bleach
7.Fruits Basket
6.Full Moon Wo Sagashite
5.Fullmetal Alchemist
4.Naruto Shippuden
3.Junjou Romantica(yaoi)
2.Ouran High School Host Club
1.Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion(all of it)
kiyomiuchiha05
kiyomiuchiha05

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitsugi Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:05 am

Full Moon wo Sagashite = biggest tear jerker ever.
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  bakuhasu Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:35 am

kiyomiuchiha05 wrote:Here are my top ten. I didn't put pictures because majority of what I've put are commenly known

10.DNAngel
9.Chrono Crusade
8.Bleach
7.Fruits Basket
6.Full Moon Wo Sagashite
5.Fullmetal Alchemist
4.Naruto Shippuden
3.Junjou Romantica(yaoi)
2.Ouran High School Host Club
1.Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion(all of it)

Great list being Code Geass being the first of your all time. I can see why but now looking forward to this so called "new project" that they're doing.
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

Post  kiyomiuchiha05 Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:31 pm

[quote="bakuhasu
Great list being Code Geass being the first of your all time. I can see why but now looking forward to this so called "new project" that they're doing.[/quote]

I read on anime news network that they're considering a stage prefomance or musical of Code Geass. Also there's a new manga in the works(in japan)
kiyomiuchiha05
kiyomiuchiha05

Back to top Go down

Post  Anarchy Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:44 pm

4.Hanamura Kindergarten
Gotta Problem with that?

3. Case Closed/Meitantei Conan
Best Mystery-themed anime ever. More than 500 episodes and 13 films (One every April)

2. Medabots
Like Pokemon, but...Good!

1. Tie DeaTh NoTe/Clannad
The most brilliant anime(s), I've ever seen.
Anarchy
Anarchy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down