Anime Addicts Anonymous Podcast Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Genre of Anime that you prefer...?

+7
Rekka
makapoochi
CanadaMan
Chiaki
Mitsugi
Grim Reaper Hei
bakuhasu
11 posters

Go down

Genre of Anime that you prefer...? Empty Genre of Anime that you prefer...?

Post  bakuhasu Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:06 pm

Again bored.... Looked and saw that there's actually no thread regarding the genre of anime that you like. Like music what kind of Genre of anime that you guys really like or prefer?

For myself, I really am liking the nature of the Slice of Life genre, that anime nowadays tends to dish out quite often.. Animes such as Kimi no Todoke, True Tears, and the notable CLANNAD/ After Story. I just don't know why, I think I can take a little from the psychological aspects from realistic situations and implement them into my mindset. Another thing worth mentioning of this genre is that it's more of a laidback enjoyment, rather than a person gathering hordes of knowledge of this character did this to trigger this event and the world would end etc. That or CLANNAD really left me hungry for this genre.
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

Genre of Anime that you prefer...? Empty Re: Genre of Anime that you prefer...?

Post  Grim Reaper Hei Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:37 am

bakuhasu wrote:Again bored.... Looked and saw that there's actually no thread regarding the genre of anime that you like. Like music what kind of Genre of anime that you guys really like or prefer?

For myself, I really am liking the nature of the Slice of Life genre, that anime nowadays tends to dish out quite often.. Animes such as Kimi no Todoke, True Tears, and the notable CLANNAD/ After Story. I just don't know why, I think I can take a little from the psychological aspects from realistic situations and implement them into my mindset. Another thing worth mentioning of this genre is that it's more of a laidback enjoyment, rather than a person gathering hordes of knowledge of this character did this to trigger this event and the world would end etc. That or CLANNAD really left me hungry for this genre.

I'm with you Baku recently I've been into slice of life anime like Clannad which I can't tell you how many times I have seen (well not that many but still quite a few times). I don't know what it is that attracts me to this genre but I just really like it at the moment things like the 2006 remake of Kanon, true tears, toradora, Nana ,Myself;Yourself, and i guess Sola would fit as well into slice of life as well (kinda) have all been what I find interesting recently mind you I do like to watch the ocassinal action and mech anime as well like gundam 00 or tower of druaga.
But If I was gonna be completely honest the genre of anime I watch can change on how I'm feeling that day you know? Which would be why I watch so many different types.
Grim Reaper Hei
Grim Reaper Hei

http://myanimelist.net/profile/yellowflash09

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitsugi Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:58 am

What is with all this True Tears talk? Craziness...

Anyway, I think that I used to be a drama lover. Now I see that Sports is my favorite genre. Most sports anime have slice of life traits as well as the obvious drama that comes with sports. A few favorites:

Major (baseball)
Hajime no Ippo (Boxing)
Whistle! (soccer)
Cross Game (baseball)
Big Windup! (baseball)
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiaki Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:15 am

I think I personally tend to stick with the humor/fluff/romance dramas actually, despite my heavy criticism on the show generally when I watch anime I like the mindless stuff. But I like the mindless stuff, because it is mindless. I hate going into a show, having high expectations for content, then am dissapointed when it doesn't deliver. Why I normally only watch shows that are deep or serious when they come recommended. Plus, I normally don't like dramas because life in general can be so much drama at times, why do I want the stress of fictional drama?

So generally speaking I watch humor/fluff/romance, but my favorite genere is anything good!
Chiaki
Chiaki

http://www.aaapodcast.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadaMan Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:49 am

Mitsugi wrote:What is with all this True Tears talk? Craziness...

Anyway, I think that I used to be a drama lover. Now I see that Sports is my favorite genre. Most sports anime have slice of life traits as well as the obvious drama that comes with sports. A few favorites:

Major (baseball)
Hajime no Ippo (Boxing)
Whistle! (soccer)
Cross Game (baseball)
Big Windup! (baseball)

You forgot your favourite series Mitsugi ... Basquash! (Mecha Nike Basketball)
CanadaMan
CanadaMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitsugi Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:25 am

Please...no...don't make me relive the horrors!!!
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  makapoochi Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:57 pm

i enjoy comedy alot but i think i agree with chiaki overall. i enjoy anything thats good.
i think anygenre can be great as long as its done well.
makapoochi
makapoochi

https://www.youtube.com/jairusbilo

Back to top Go down

Post  Rekka Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:15 am

I LOVE Moe and slice of life animes, even if theres not a good story, I usally won't mind unless its to obvious. And TMOHS (the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya) Is one of my favorites, I will watch CLANNAD to make baku happy, but I have a feeling it will not change which anime I like more. Mainly cause not only do I love TMOHS but it helped me out when I started getting depressed about how boring life was one day, so thats that =D

I really don't like mech anime anymore, even though when I was like 7/8 I would collect tons of mech toys, I am trying to remember what anime it was from... I remember a mech named Liger which as a matter of fact is one of my favorite animals today (I guess it did influence me greatly) But today I only watch the mech anime like code geass.

Now that I have given enough info, can someone please tell me this anime I remember watching.

Btw, anyone here a fan of the Ace Attorney series of DS games? Really good, Get to do some investigating in this new one that I've been playing to death =D
Rekka
Rekka

Back to top Go down

Post  Anarchy Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:50 am

Mitsugi wrote:
Major
Yea I love major, I just need to finish it.

Anyway I'm also really into Slice of Life anime. I find myself watching it alot.
Nogizaka Haruka no Himistu and Hanamaru Kindergarten are some of my favorites.

But when done properly mystery, sadly Death Note & Detective Conan are the only one I hold very highly.
Anarchy
Anarchy

Back to top Go down

Post  bakuhasu Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:57 am

Anarchy wrote:
Mitsugi wrote:
Major
Yea I love major, I just need to finish it.

Anyway I'm also really into Slice of Life anime. I find myself watching it alot.
Nogizaka Haruka no Himistu and Hanamaru Kindergarten are some of my favorites.

But when done properly mystery, sadly Death Note & Detective Conan are the only one I hold very highly.

That is great that most of the forum members prefer the slice of life genre. But Anarchy with you liking that genre go WITH CLANNAD!
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

Post  elvenbladerogue Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:02 pm

I am into the magic girl animes, like sailor moon, we all know how much i love it. i also like the sci-fi action like bebop, outlaw star, etc. i also enjoy the fantasy style animes, like vampire hunter D even thought it's a future/fantasy anime but it's more fantasy to me. or anything story driven like gunslinger girl.

I'm sorry to all the gundam fans. nothing bad about them at all just there not my tops. when i mean sci-fi like melee gun fighting between characters.

With Fantasy animes. i am just really big into the whole fantasy aspect of most things. if my name doesn't give that away.

Magic Girl animes are by far my number. i just love the whole aspect of being normal people who mask them selfs are a hero that transforms into whatever, sailor scouts, knights, or whatever it is. All thanks to sailor moon. I wish they would do more for magic girl animes. there isn't much out there compare to other types of animes. even then not all of it is good. i would like to see more magic girl animes like sailor moon. with the whole group of characters, and villains.
elvenbladerogue
elvenbladerogue

Back to top Go down

Post  TheSuspiciousRedLamp Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:10 pm

I'm gonna go with a quick and easy answer: MECHA.
But also:
1.Sci-Fi
2.Politics
3.Mature subjects (not sex, you dirty perverts!!)
4.Crossover story (Baccano, Durarara)
5.Comedy (IT HAS TO BE FUNNY AND NOT CHEAP HUMOR).
6.Romance (sometimes, it's interresting)
TheSuspiciousRedLamp
TheSuspiciousRedLamp

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Duskrados

Back to top Go down

Post  Anarchy Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:55 pm

bakuhasu wrote:

That is great that most of the forum members prefer the slice of life genre. But Anarchy with you liking that genre go WITH CLANNAD!

I just watched the first episode and I have to say it was... fantastic. By far one of the best Slice Of Life animes I've ever seen, And that it has a bit of mystery, which is a Plus+.
Anarchy
Anarchy

Back to top Go down

Post  bakuhasu Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:05 pm

Anarchy wrote:
bakuhasu wrote:

I just watched the first episode and I have to say it was... fantastic. By far one of the best Slice Of Life animes I've ever seen, And that it has a bit of mystery, which is a Plus+.

O and you're just in the first season.... that's saying alot for the first episode.
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitsugi Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:22 pm

bakuhasu wrote:
Anarchy wrote:
bakuhasu wrote:

O and you're just in the first season.... that's saying alot for the first episode.

The second season of Clannad is 100x better than the first season. The entire first season is just a setup to build an emotional connection with the characters to prepare you for the second season.
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  bakuhasu Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:27 pm

1st season: Mitsugi you're right about the emotional development of CLANNAD and it's characters. The first season doesn't do anything extraordinary as a series let alone Visual arts/Key's staples are used throughout namely the Fuko arc. Starts off as mainly a straightforward moe series but with drama only Key can do and that many animes such as Da Capo, or H2o Footprints in the sand try to emulate. That's basically what you can expect with the 1st season. I don't want to start with the second season just because its too awesome to even say. Indescribable would be a perfect word.
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Anarchy Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:10 am

bakuhasu wrote:1st season: Mitsugi you're right about the emotional development of CLANNAD and it's characters. The first season doesn't do anything extraordinary as a series let alone Visual arts/Key's staples are used throughout namely the Fuko arc. Starts off as mainly a straightforward moe series but with drama only Key can do and that many animes such as Da Capo, or H2o Footprints in the sand try to emulate. That's basically what you can expect with the 1st season. I don't want to start with the second season just because its too awesome to even say. Indescribable would be a perfect word.

Well than I am really looking forward to it!
Anarchy
Anarchy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mangerpola Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:39 pm

I don't really watch anime, but most of these manga series have an anime as well =D

Battle Manga:
Dragonball
Naruto
Bleach
Blazer Drive

Shoujo:
Ichigo 100%
Pretty Face
Special A

Seinen and Gory:
Oldboy
Gantz
Battle Royale
Blue Heaven
Claymore

Thanks
Mangerpola

Mangerpola

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down