Anime Addicts Anonymous Podcast Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime You're currently watching and future lineup

+13
Jrow
kiyomiuchiha05
Eric
mitziego
FinalFan2009
lamperouge98
CanadaMan
Mitsugi
Mikhail
Chiaki
Saber
Charthinius
bakuhasu
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Anime You're currently watching and future lineup Empty Anime You're currently watching and future lineup

Post  bakuhasu Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:43 am

Just wanted to create this topic just for curious reasons. I just wanted to know what anime the community here at A.A.A are watching and would like to hear from you guys.

As of now I'm watching Victory Gundam as well as some fall 2009 anime I'm following such as the new Full Metal Alchemist, Umineko no Naku Koro Ni, Kimi no Todoke ( ahhh such guilty pleasure Embarassed), Darker than Black 2nd Season ( Despite what AAA said I found the second series quite good.... soo far). As for my future lineup probably Gundam in the chronological production order ( here I'll list them anyways 08th MS Team, G,Wing, X, Turn A, Seed, Seed Destiny, and then finally 00), after that I want to watch Da Capo just because I love Ef a tale of memories/melodies and same character designs from the same artist, and because of my friend compared it to Clannad ( you can't compare it to that buddy..). Well yeah just want to spread what I'm watching and let you guys spread what you're watching also. Would love to hear from you guys.
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

Anime You're currently watching and future lineup Empty Re: Anime You're currently watching and future lineup

Post  Charthinius Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:30 am

Currently i'm only watching Claymore, its different from what i normally watch but i'm enjoying it. i would love to hear anyone else's thoughts on the series, if they have seen it. after that i'm thinking of checking out the original Macross, and Blade of the Immortal.
Charthinius
Charthinius

Back to top Go down

Anime You're currently watching and future lineup Empty Re: Anime You're currently watching and future lineup

Post  Saber Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:17 am

Just yesterday I started this really, really awesome series called NANA. I've been meaning to take a lot at it for quite some time, but never got into the mood for it. But it turned out so great that I watched the first 17 episodes of it in one sitting, it was just that mesmerizing.

On the other hand I've been got some other series I'm currently watching, but the pauses are a lot longer. Those would be The Big O (the review of it by Anime World Order sounded so good), Gundam X and Turn A Gundam. Also Valkyria Chronicles, Darker Than BLACK: Ryusei no Gemini, Sora no Otoshimono and Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's.

I don't really have a future lineup at the time, just a list of stuff I want to see at some point.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Saber&status=6&order=0

But I often end up watching something that was completely not on my radar instead of working down the list >_>
Saber
Saber

http://www.myanimelist.net/profile/Saber

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiaki Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:09 am

Saber wrote:Just yesterday I started this really, really awesome series called NANA. I've been meaning to take a lot at it for quite some time, but never got into the mood for it. But it turned out so great that I watched the first 17 episodes of it in one sitting, it was just that mesmerizing.

On the other hand I've been got some other series I'm currently watching, but the pauses are a lot longer. Those would be The Big O (the review of it by Anime World Order sounded so good), Gundam X and Turn A Gundam. Also Valkyria Chronicles, Darker Than BLACK: Ryusei no Gemini, Sora no Otoshimono and Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's.

I don't really have a future lineup at the time, just a list of stuff I want to see at some point.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Saber&status=6&order=0

But I often end up watching something that was completely not on my radar instead of working down the list >_>

NANA is AMAZING, it's one of my favorite series of all time and I really mean that. The story just keeps get better and better as you continue through. I have a NANA bowl even I painted it's just that good, you're in for a real treat Saber.
Chiaki
Chiaki

http://www.aaapodcast.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikhail Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:09 am

Im currently watching Double Zeta, Code Geass, and Original Macross. Hmmm let me see my future list would include..... Char's Counterattack, Victory Gundam, Glass Fleet, Samurai 7, Samurai Champloo, Aura Battler Dunbine, GaoGaiGar, and Unicorn when its released
Mikhail
Mikhail

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitsugi Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:40 am

Oh boy now you've done it. Don't even get Chiaki started on that NANA. Cool
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadaMan Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:19 pm

Currently watching FMA:B

Future Line-up: Full Metal Panic series, Overman King Gainer, There Were Eleven (if I can ever find that movie ...)
CanadaMan
CanadaMan

Back to top Go down

Post  lamperouge98 Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:45 pm

Well, I just finished the Full Metal Panic series (pretty much yesterday) and now am currently watching Darker than BLACK: Ryusei no Gemini, along with a few others called Dragonaut-The Resonance and 07-Ghost. I found about these things in ways that I don't even remember, but kind of liked them. I'm a sucker for good people models (how they're drawn) and Dragonaut (though a little heavy on massive-chested ladies) has good people art, albeit thrown in with something that's the bane of my existence: 3D animation thrown in. I don't know why I don't like that stuff, but it really pulls me out of the experience, to an extent. I do like the story to Dragonaut, though, so I recommend it for something to watch. I'm having a harder time getting a read on 07-Ghost though. It's one of those things with an obsession with all things German (yay, Kampfer).

PS, I'm also watching Kampfer, and revelling in how terrible it is (I know I'm going against your will, Mitsugi, but it's good for laugh every once in a while. hahaha).
lamperouge98
lamperouge98

Back to top Go down

Post  FinalFan2009 Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:10 pm

im currently watching a few anime atm -
full metal panic, hell girl, Noein (is really good) and im catching up on some old naruto eps
im not sure about a future line up just yet i ges i got my hands full for now Very Happy
FinalFan2009
FinalFan2009

https://www.youtube.com/statxltd

Back to top Go down

Post  Saber Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:31 am

lamperouge98 wrote:Kampfer

Kämpfer. It's an ä, not an a, big difference. It's pronounced like "Camp". Mitsugi was also pronouncing it wrong the entire time during the podcast.
Saber
Saber

http://www.myanimelist.net/profile/Saber

Back to top Go down

Anime You're currently watching and future lineup Empty German in highschool.

Post  Mitsugi Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:31 am

Just goes to show you what 4 years of German in high school in America gets you.

Assuming Kampfer has the long umlaut a, I was also pronouncing it "campfur," during episode 14 and 16. Since you live in Germany Saber, I defer to you on the issue of pronunciation. Perhaps it's the difference in which letter gets the emphasis. A link below for the readers.

http://learning-german.suite101.com/article.cfm/how_to_pronounce_german_vowels

PS, I'm also watching Kampfer, and revelling in how terrible it is (I know I'm going against your will, Mitsugi, but it's good for laugh every once in a while. hahaha).

Thank you for supporting my rant Lamperouge. Cool
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  mitziego Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:19 pm

right now im watching kalido star, wicked city, captine taylor and fushigi yugi. so far Im really enjoying these animes. especially the older ones. After these I plan to watch gundam wing ( i only caught a few episodes cause at the time i didn't have cable. watched it at a friends house. I want to see it fully as well as record of lodoss war, hellsing, and fate stay night. huzzah!
mitziego
mitziego

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitsugi Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:35 pm

Wow. Wicked City. That's a "special" anime. heh
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  Eric Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:28 pm

I just finished Bokurano a few weeks ago. GITS: SAC, Jo-Jo's Bizarre Adventure & Monster are on my current "to watch" list.
Eric
Eric

Back to top Go down

Post  kiyomiuchiha05 Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:07 am

Currently watching : Junjou Romatica, Gakuen Alice, FMA:Brotherhood, Naruto Shippuden, Bleach
To watch soon: Princess Princess D(which is actullay a live action drama of the anime Princess Princess), Love*Com, and Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler
kiyomiuchiha05
kiyomiuchiha05

Back to top Go down

Post  bakuhasu Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:38 am

Since this is pretty much a "Revamp" of this topic I would like to contribute. As for me I just finished watching CLANNAD in it's whole entirety for the 5th time... again... Anime that I am currently following, Durarara!!, Hanamaru Kindergarden, Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I plan to revisit Gundam Wing and plan to go back to the all Gundam Round before the 00 movie gets subbed. But yeah enjoy and keep hardlining those animes in your system!
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Jrow Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:21 pm

You can take a look at my currently watching list here.

Too lazy to click?
-Dance in the Vampire Bund - I'm behind, but I'm able to sink my teeth into this show. (Boo! Hiss!)
-Durarara!! - I didn't see Baccano, but the way they do storytelling in this show, I'm very tempted to see Baccano.
-FMA Brotherhood - So great, just flat out awesome.
-Kimi ni Todoke - Could possibly surpass Honey & Clover as my favorite romance drama series.
-Zeta Gundam - I loved the original series, but am not getting into Zeta so far.
-Omamori Himari - This show got from, "It's decent" to, "Hey, this is a great show." I really want to read the manga.
-One Piece - It's a different show without the crew, but Luffy is still a joy to watch.
Jrow
Jrow

Back to top Go down

Post  makapoochi Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:17 am

right now trying to finish
hajime no ippo
gto
baccano
5 cm per sec

i've been trying to watch

unicorn
and durarara but getting frustrated because each time i dl it ends up being just jap lang witout subtitles

for my future lineup there's soo much i want to see. im a late bloomer here so i havnt seen too many anime's

but i interested to check these out soon:
monster
clannad
gurren laggan
nana
bokemonogatari
full metal alchemist...its true i havnt seen this yet. sad.
makapoochi
makapoochi

https://www.youtube.com/jairusbilo

Back to top Go down

Post  bakuhasu Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:24 am

makapoochi wrote:right now trying to finish
hajime no ippo
gto
baccano
5 cm per sec

i've been trying to watch

unicorn
and durarara but getting frustrated because each time i dl it ends up being just jap lang witout subtitles

for my future lineup there's soo much i want to see. im a late bloomer here so i havnt seen too many anime's

but i interested to check these out soon:
monster
clannad
gurren laggan
nana
bokemonogatari
full metal alchemist...its true i havnt seen this yet. sad.

Great talking to you over at skype Makapoochi!
Gundam Unicorn is well a no no and definitely not a good introductory when it comes to Gundam. A really good introductory would be Gundam Seed. But if you want to escalate towards a more darker and more serious nature 00 would be right up your alley.

Durarara!! is definitely one of the greats this season and you deserve a cookie in following that.
Monster heard great things about it.
Gurren Lagann which in it self can be liked just about anybody with a hot blooded mindset.
CLANNAD/AS: AS A FANBOY YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY MOVE THIS UP ON YOUR PRIORITY LIST! CLANNAD CAN CHAGE PEOPLE'S PERCEPTION OF LIFE AS A WHOLE NOT TO MENTION THE STORY IS HEART WARMING THAT LEAVES GUYS LIKE ME TEAR UP IN THE PROCESS. (Not afraid to admit it)

Bakemonogatari: Ask Grim Reaper Hei in how good this anime is it's THAT good.
Full Metal Alchemist: A must for anyone, but might reccomend the remake Brotherhood for first viewing.
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

Post  makapoochi Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:51 am

thanks baku! it was nice chatting with you guys as well!
is brotherhood a prequel or something

Last edited by makapoochi on Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding more text)
makapoochi
makapoochi

https://www.youtube.com/jairusbilo

Back to top Go down

Post  Jrow Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:21 am

Monster is in my Top 3 anime of all time. It truly is a phenomenal anime. It's a show where you'll end up watching 10-15 or so episodes in a row because of how intense and intriguing the story can be.

makapoochi wrote:thanks baku! it was nice chatting with you guys as well!
is brotherhood a prequel or something
Brotherhood is a following of the Fullmetal Alchemist manga. The first 13 or so episodes are mostly similar to the original anime's set of episodes with slight differences, then it breaks off into something very different, and most importantly very good.
Jrow
Jrow

Back to top Go down

Post  bakuhasu Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:15 am

Jrow wrote:
Brotherhood is a following of the Fullmetal Alchemist manga. The first 13 or so episodes are mostly similar to the original anime's set of episodes with slight differences, then it breaks off into something very different, and most importantly very good.

HAHA!! Couldn't agree more with ya. Each and every episode was pretty much solid.
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Anarchy Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:34 am

Um...:

The Irresponsible Captain Taylor
Hanamaru Kindergarten
Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu2 Purezza
Siekon no Qwaser
Omamori Himari
Ookami Kakushi
Neon Genesis Evangelion,
Gundam 00
Initial D
Ladies Vs Butlers
Detective Conan
Monster
Black Jack(Original)
Anarchy
Anarchy

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadaMan Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:14 pm

Just finished:
-Martian Successor Nadesico

In Progress:
-Gundam Unicorn
-FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Line-up (or starting right away):
-Hajime no Ippo
-Trinity Blood
-Queen's Blade
CanadaMan
CanadaMan

Back to top Go down

Post  TheSuspiciousRedLamp Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:59 am

Just finished Higurashi no naku koro ni kai. 9/10

Watching:
-Durarara!! (8/24 seen) 10/10
-Last Exile. (5/26 seen) 8/10
-Legend of the Galactic Heroes. (1/110 seen) 8/10
-Macross Frontier. (7/25 seen) 8/10
-Gundam Unicorn. (1/6 seen) 9/10
-Sora no Woto. (8/13 seen) 7/10
-Xam'd: Lost Memories. (7/26 seen) 8/10

Incoming:
-Clannad
-Rahxephon
-G Gundam
TheSuspiciousRedLamp
TheSuspiciousRedLamp

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Duskrados

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next