Anime Addicts Anonymous Podcast Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About episode 27......

4 posters

Go down

About episode 27...... Empty About episode 27......

Post  bakuhasu Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:09 am

GREAT JOB GUYS! Love that top 50-26 lineup of anime you got there. Focused not on an individual's bias but what anime did as a whole. Great list guys couldn't change anything out of it. A really fair and solid list. Looking forward to the rest of it....
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

About episode 27...... Empty Re: About episode 27......

Post  Mitsugi Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:51 pm

Man that was fast. You must have been like waiting for it to release or something, its only been out like 2 hrs. heh. Anyway, thanks for the compliments.
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  Jrow Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:52 pm

I've heard the list and have respect for what's where so far.

One thought about Akira, though. The enigma that I'm stuck on is that it deserves to be on the list, but it is not a good movie. Akira's success is that it is influential, but I think it fails at being a timeless animated feature. Does anyone think the movie is genuinely good, or do they just respect that it did new things?
Jrow
Jrow

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitsugi Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:36 pm

Akira has good points to it. It has ground breaking animation, ESPECIALLY for an 80's movie. I mean the production cost was 1.1 billion yen. That's ridiculous. The music is good and the execution is excellent.

I do agree however that the delivery of the story is not good, particularly the ending. We chose it because it was important in getting the ball rolling for anime, much like DBZ, which was also included for the same reason. If we were to redo this list and not consider shows for how influential they were, then DBZ and Akira wouldn't have even been a thought.
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

About episode 27...... Empty No reviews

Post  Neoculture Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:37 pm

Just wanting to say, good work on the list. And no, there won't be a review - the last review had a poll associated next to it asking if I should continue, and the results are in: 1 for yes, 1 for no. A balance results, I'll grant you Very Happy But since only 2 people bothered to respond, I'll assume the reviews were not a hit in the first place. Yay! More time to watch anime! Razz
Neoculture
Neoculture

http://www.ravensilverwing.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down