Anime Addicts Anonymous Podcast Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official HAJIME NO IPPO Thread

5 posters

Go down

Official HAJIME NO IPPO Thread Empty Official HAJIME NO IPPO Thread

Post  Mitsugi Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:17 pm

**some spoilers**

I have a lot of scenes that I will remember for the rest of my life...Nagisa's proposal in Clannad ~After Story~, when Sara escapes Heliwood in Now and Then, Here and There. Setsuko's death in Grave of the Fireflies. Nausicaa's revival in Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. But perhaps none will remain with me like the end of the Sendo fight in Hajime no Ippo.

I have attached 2 videos. Last 5 minutes of the first and the first 2 mins of the 2nd.

The way Ippo finds the grit to rise to his feet, to an amazing quote, "What does it mean to be strong." Finally, the injection of the crowd and a really great song helps create a truly inspirational scene. Enjoy!

Last edited by Mitsugi on Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Official HAJIME NO IPPO Thread Empty Re: Official HAJIME NO IPPO Thread

Post  CanadaMan Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:48 pm

I think I need to add Hajime no Ippo to my "Must Watch" list, not only because that was a wicked scene, but because it's also boxing. I'm interested to see how realistic it will remain while telling a good story. And maybe see if I can learn anything from it.
CanadaMan
CanadaMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitsugi Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:52 pm

You'll notice that Hajime no Ippo is revered EASILY as the best of the sports genre. I think any website will agree. Canadaman, it's 70-some episodes long but you'll finish it in 5 days. Hard to pry yourself away. If you like the original, the 4th season came out in 2009 and a movie is in the works. Thanks for watching! I didn't want to show you the end of the fight because that's the final bout in the first series. However, the ending of the fight is even more exciting. I was tempted to spoil it but I just couldn't. I'm glad you're interested.

In terms of realism, that's the last fight. That's about as "super powered" they get in the series, though in the newer 4th season which is also INCREDIBLE, a man does get thrown from the ring. I found that a bit over the top, but not too bad. No DBZ auras and energy blasts in this baby. Just courage, willpower and guts.
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadaMan Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:15 pm

Judging by "Round 74", it seems that real-world physics come into play a lot along with most boxing rules. I could get nitpicky about not seeing Ippo put his mouthguard back in after standing up the second time, but I know it was probably thought about and then cut out due to time and money constraints.

I haven't any other sports genre animes (I don't actually count Basquash due to the Nike mechs), so this'll be a nice change of pace. The closest I've gotten was the one FMP:Fumoffu ep where Sousuke trains the rugby squad.
CanadaMan
CanadaMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitsugi Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:56 pm

After you give it a peek, come back and let me know how you liked it.
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  makapoochi Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:09 pm

sugoi!!
in only on the 41st episode but im excited to get to the end.
my favourite scene isnt as epic but i think its one of the most funniest.
in golden boy when those gangsters are trying to bully money out of the bike shop owner and kintaro comes walking towards them looking like he's gonna kick ass and then just turns the corner at the last moment. so hilarious! lol
makapoochi
makapoochi

https://www.youtube.com/jairusbilo

Back to top Go down

Post  Rekka Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:20 am

My favorite scene is at the end of Ouran High School Host Club, don't know why, but everytime I see that seen, even though theres no deaths or anything, No matter how hard I try I always cry a little o_o So I think that is one of my favorite scenes
Rekka
Rekka

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitsugi Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:15 pm

I was just going for a run and was listening to my usual soundtrack mix of Rocky and Hajime no Ippo, and I just felt so pumped up tonight. I was listening to the "Going the Distance" theme song from Rocky, and was thinking about how at the end of Rocky I when Rocky loses the match but he "Goes the distance" and does his best and defends his honor. That is simply a very pure virtue, determination, willpower, heart and tenacity.

Ippo is a lot like Rocky and has the music to prove it. Listen to this song. A badass power ballad.

Also, Canadaman, you need to keep me informed about how you are doing on Hajime no Ippo. I need all details. You gotta finish all 4 seasons so that when the movie comes out you'll be all caught up. Of course, then theres the infinitely longer manga.
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  Jrow Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:37 pm

A good friend of mine once brought over a couple Ippo DVD's to show us. Me and my other friend were on the edge of our seats... for a SPARRING match!

What's strange is that I'm a huge sports fan (much moreso than anime), but never could bring myself to enjoy sports anime. Ippo is really great because it has the sweet science component to it, but it plays out like a Goku vs. Vegeta fight contained to a ring. Where Ippo also really shines is in its comedic value. For an anime that has so much intensity in its fights, the out-of-ring stuff is just hysterical.

My only concern is that the same friend that recommended it to me was talking about the manga saying, "At this point, they're using magic."
Jrow
Jrow

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitsugi Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:58 pm

I don't think so. How far into the series are you and your friend? Ive watched the 100 regular Ippo episodes and both ovas and specials. I haven't seen any magic. Is he referring to the mangas?

Also, if your on the edge of your seat for a sparring match, just wait until you get to some of the big bouts. Dude. holy shit. its beyond intense.
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  makapoochi Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:38 am

saweeeet! im glad there's an official hajime no ippo thread! right now im on the 69th episode. one more fight to go!! the last thing that ippo learnt that i saw was attack and defense at the same time. this is when he learnt the dempsey roll by himself. simultaneous attack and defense. another wing chun concept introduced!
the first one i can remember was when he was learning to grab all the falling leaves from the tree. being relaxed until the moment of impact.
i cant wait to start the 2nd season!
makapoochi
makapoochi

https://www.youtube.com/jairusbilo

Back to top Go down

Post  Jrow Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:28 am

Mitsugi wrote:Is he referring to the mangas?
Yeah. We do have what (guestimating) amounts to 4-500 chapters of manga left to animate.

I have seen both series. They're great.
Jrow
Jrow

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitsugi Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:56 am

makapoochi wrote:saweeeet! im glad there's an official hajime no ippo thread! right now im on the 69th episode. one more fight to go!! the last thing that ippo learnt that i saw was attack and defense at the same time. this is when he learnt the dempsey roll by himself. simultaneous attack and defense. another wing chun concept introduced!
the first one i can remember was when he was learning to grab all the falling leaves from the tree. being relaxed until the moment of impact.
i cant wait to start the 2nd season!

That moment when Ippo first uses the Dempsey Roll is one of the most hardcore moments ever.
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down