Anime Addicts Anonymous Podcast Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Basquash Thread

3 posters

Go down

Official Basquash Thread Empty Official Basquash Thread

Post  Mitsugi Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:14 pm

(Topic)

I already know that I expressed my opinion of Basquash in one of the recent podcast episodes, however, I'll reiterate that this anime was one big Nike Ad. Based on what I've heard so far from you guys, I ask, am I the only one that finished it?
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Official Basquash Thread Empty Re: Official Basquash Thread

Post  bakuhasu Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:37 pm

Everything is a repost of a repost...

Since we're having a Basquash discussion I have to give my little insight on the series. Well my verdict on Basquatch is well not bad... Enjoyed the 1st episode but as it goes on it just fell flat ( I didn't watch the entire series to give a true score but I have watched it through a couple of episodes and stopped at episode 7 just because I was really anime depressed at the time (thanks alot CLANNAD!!!!). My main gripes with the series is that though a good premise, seiyuus, and Animation, it lacks alot to become this epic anime that's been hyped about!! I really hate the gimmick that the moon people have, and it really started to just go stale for me (Iceman Hotty You're not helping it man...). Yeah guys I know this is flawed but just keep in mind I only saw like maybe the 1st 7 episodes.

O and Mitsugi when did Basquash Started to really hit downhill? and Why?
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitsugi Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:55 pm

I initially enjoyed Basquash because I thought it was a fresh idea. I think I started to think twice about it around the 6th episode and basically from there it just continues to go downhill.

The main issue I have with the anime is it's weak plotline and the poor flow of the episodes. They essentially take a "monster of the week" approach with the basketball games. Troupe enters new town. Town is different that any before it. Troupe has a match with somebody from the town. Troupe wins. Next town.

They do that for a number of episodes and the plotline really just gets lost and looks unimportant when they abandon it for so long. It got the point where I didn't even really know what the show was about anymore because they were being so negligent with the story. They finally return to it at the end.

Also, the anime is very tacky. The characters are really, in my opinion, poor. Ice man hottie who is basically just this doofus who screams destory all the time. The team manager with the watermelon breasts. Sela who is basically a masochist and they make sex jokes using her for the first third of the show.

I dunno. My opinion is it is poor because its a big Nike ad but I do appreciate the effort to take a sports anime in a new direction. I did however, half expect Michael Jordan to jump into the mix somewhere in there.
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadaMan Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:30 pm

I won't deny the intense saturation of the Nike Swoosh in Basquash, but even with a directorial change mid-way through the series, Basquash still turned out better than a few anime I could name. Surprisingly, most of the open plot threads were closed by the end of the series.

Yes, the monster of the week bit has long since been overdone, and probably could have been handled better.
As sad as it is, at least they had a reason why Haruka Gracia has a pair of flesh-coloured watermelons. I may not like it, but it's better than nothing I suppose.

I did find that the characters did develop past their one-dimensional beginning by the mid-way point of the series. Well, most of them anyways.

I feel that the worst part of the series was the Epilogue, it left me quite unfulfilled even after the rather spectacular climax.
Sadly, I did find the beginning rather slow. Entertaining, but slow. A lot of time was wasted when they could have been getting on with the plot.

I would give Basquash three lightning-bolt basketballs out of five. It has its flaws, but the hot-blooded mechs playing basketball makes up for it. Go into this series with the same mindset as if you were going to watch Doom.

And in the end, I realize that your opinion is your own, and I am not here to change it.
CanadaMan
CanadaMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitsugi Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:34 pm

Haha Well said Canadaman. There are many anime that come out recently that Basquash would trump. You're plenty entitled to love Baquash or hate it to your hearts content. Smile I just wish we could have seen more of the mechanic girl. I can't remember her name but I thought she had a pretty alright character and I would have liked to see Dan form more of a relationship with her.
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down