Anime Addicts Anonymous Podcast Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there anyway we can lend our voices in the podcast?

+2
Chiaki
bakuhasu
6 posters

Go down

Is there anyway we can lend our voices in the podcast? Empty Is there anyway we can lend our voices in the podcast?

Post  bakuhasu Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:45 pm

Hey just wondering is it possible that forum members (especially newcomers) like us can lend our voices in the AAA podcast? Thanks for the reply and peace...
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

Is there anyway we can lend our voices in the podcast? Empty Re: Is there anyway we can lend our voices in the podcast?

Post  Chiaki Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:20 am

How do you mean Bakuhasu? Do you mean submit reviews? Or suggest anime or topics for us to discuss? Or come onto the show yourself?
Chiaki
Chiaki

http://www.aaapodcast.com

Back to top Go down

Is there anyway we can lend our voices in the podcast? Empty Re: Is there anyway we can lend our voices in the podcast?

Post  bakuhasu Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:30 am

yeah I would like to come to the show to see how podcasting works and putting myself out there... But that's if it's alright with you guys....
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitsugi Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:26 pm

I'm really not against this but you'll have the meet a couple requirements I think.

1) You'll have to have a suitable recording environment. You'll need a headset and a quiet room mostly. And skype.

2) You'll need something to talk about. It shouldn't be a big deal to have members on for a 15 minute topic discussion but I'd honestly prefer if you had something specific you wanted to discuss.

Cheers!
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  bakuhasu Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:37 pm

Just maybe if possible join the show for an episode that's only if possible. Mainly to discuss about the segments you guys are talking about.
Headset *check*, Quiet room *check* (as long as i keep my door closed and my sister isnt playing her music sooo loud).

Skype is not currently on my computer right now but it's free right?
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

Is there anyway we can lend our voices in the podcast? Empty Talk radio

Post  Mitsugi Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:23 pm

Skype is free.

We are in the process of altering the format of the podcast episodes. I want it to sound as close to a talk radio show as possible. In that way, if you ever listen to talk radio, you'll notice that special guests will "call in", discuss an issue and then "call out". I'd be something like this.

During intro...
"In fifteen minutes X-san will be joining us for a discussion on Y."

"We have X-san on the line. X-san, welcome to AAA."

we discuss. 15-20 mins.

"Thanks for coming on the show X-san, etc... etc..."

Show continues.
--------------------------------------------
All this makes the show feel more authentic and also makes it feel more like a live recording as opposed to pre-recorded materials. With that said, the topic is going to need to be something you are prepared to discuss. That's why I said you come up with something you want to talk about. If you want to join us in discussion, you must have something you want to talk about right?

Got it? Cool
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  bakuhasu Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:46 pm

Well said mitsugi... I now completely understand what format you guys are going for and I will respect it. I now have 3 topics at the moment and looking forward to have a voice in the show (literally) and looking forward to talk to you fine folks!
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiaki Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:49 pm

I do want to say too, not so sound mean or businessy, but I'd like to do a test-run recording to hear what you have to say, what you sound like, what your connection sounds like, and so on. I just don't want to put this out there and then have someone's connection be worse than they thought or something and they sound terrible and then are completely heartbroken. I'm not doing this to be mean or anything, I want fresh blood of course! But I just wanted to say it to put it out there just in case, I don't like people feeling I went back on them.

Beyond that what Mitsugi said is pretty much true.
Chiaki
Chiaki

http://www.aaapodcast.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bakuhasu Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:56 pm

sure ummmm my user for skype is jcennaruto14 call me anytime and ill reply
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadaMan Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:01 pm

... now I'm tempted to go back on the air.
CanadaMan
CanadaMan

Back to top Go down

Post  bakuhasu Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:28 am

CanadaMan wrote:... now I'm tempted to go back on the air.

we should start something...
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Lelouch Yagami Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:45 pm

well some podcasters do this thing where they have a little chatroom type thing were the listeners can hear you as you talk but what the listeners can do is type to the podcaster. idk what they use though sry. ^.^
Lelouch Yagami
Lelouch Yagami

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitsugi Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:48 pm

We welcome you guys to offer suggestions on what should be in the podcast. If you have a topic you want to discuss with us whether it be live or not, please put it in the "Main topic Requests" section of the forum.
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Is there anyway we can lend our voices in the podcast? Empty Mitsugi

Post  Kincaid Nau Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:12 am

As an add on to the skype, how about doing a skype call in session? Maybe take a couple of skype calls every other episode. Maybe getting some feedback on a specific subject you folks are talking about. Its a good way to hear your audience and folks from the forums. I've heard done quite well in other podcasts.
Kincaid Nau
Kincaid Nau

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitsugi Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:58 pm

We plan on doing this already. There are various issues that need to be considered with this kind of thing though. First of all, the internet connection is always a big issue. We already have issues with Chiaki being in Japan. Also, the caller-in needs to be ready and have something to say. But we are all for this, it just needs to be organized ahead of time.

If you have something you would like to talk about, we are in favor of having listeners on for a 15 minute segment about your topic. We just need to make sure things are organized. Communicate this via the forum. I have already spoken to one of you about this and we'll no doubt do it in the future.

Anyway, my class is over. Time to go! Tata!
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  Kincaid Nau Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:32 pm

I know what you mean. The person needs to be ready to talk about the subject. It can't be dead space or only talking when you guys ask them a question. Really good stuff. Looking forward to it.
Kincaid Nau
Kincaid Nau

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down