Anime Addicts Anonymous Podcast Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I come on the A.A.A. Podcast as a Guest?

5 posters

Go down

Can I come on the A.A.A. Podcast as a Guest? Empty Can I come on the A.A.A. Podcast as a Guest?

Post  TheSuspiciousRedLamp Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:03 pm

If possible and if you want obviously, I would like to be on the show just once. I know that I'm french and my speaking english has obviously a french accent. But I would love to try. I don't know about your opinion, but take my request in consideration please. If you don't what, I won't be pissed, don't worry, I would perfectly understand why Cool

But hey, a man has to try XD.
TheSuspiciousRedLamp
TheSuspiciousRedLamp

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Duskrados

Back to top Go down

Can I come on the A.A.A. Podcast as a Guest? Empty Re: Can I come on the A.A.A. Podcast as a Guest?

Post  Jrow Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:03 pm

Well, as a podcaster myself, I have a couple cents to toss in. I should make clear I have no pull with the hosts of A.A.A., and I'm relatively new here myself, so it perhaps is best to take what I say with a grain of salt since only the A.A.A. hosts opinion's matter.
(Interesting that I type that, yet still choose to go on. Meet Jrow, why don't ya.)

I'm not sure if I'd be down with the idea of inviting members of my own community, let alone people that just signed up, to be a part of my own podcast. Even if it were the "forum dweller of the week" feature, I'm not so sure it would be interesting to all the other listeners, and that it might be a hassle for the hosts to get everything ready. There's more potential for "meh" than "yatta".

But it would be cool for the podcast to recognize some of their listeners in other ways. Reader mail is something, and some podcasts have a voicemail component where listeners can call a number and leave a message to be played/answered on air.
Jrow
Jrow

Back to top Go down

Can I come on the A.A.A. Podcast as a Guest? Empty Re: Can I come on the A.A.A. Podcast as a Guest?

Post  bakuhasu Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:15 pm

Yeah one of the reasons why I potentially joined this forum is to get my voice in the AAA podcast. But things worked out my way and awesome forum members like Canadaman, Mikhail, Elvenbladerogue, Saber, Grim Reaper Hei, Leader, Lelouch Yagami, Dark Lord Killua, and of course Rekka has really paved the way in breaking boundaries in terms of just giving your voice in letters then into voice. What I'm talking about is that our relationship has formed the podcast RRFDP. Not only did I once want to voice my opinion in the AAA podcast, but rather greeted and formed this awesome podcast by fine folks of the rest of the forum. What I'm saying is that as a forum member you CAN be in our Podcast. The Podcast is our "thank you" to the forums. If you don't want to voice in our podcast fine, I understand that. But just to let ya know I want you to be in our upcoming episode of the podcast (speaking of that I need to edit episode 9). Alright enough of that speech... Continue on...

O and what podcast Jrow are you from? If you would like we should do like a member swap with each others podcasts It'll be fun and sorta advertise with our presence.

Just to note the french accent just adds alot more spice towards the diversity that is RRFDP.

Last edited by bakuhasu on Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

Can I come on the A.A.A. Podcast as a Guest? Empty Can I come on the show?

Post  Mitsugi Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:33 pm

The only reason we are hesitant to do things like allowing forum members to come on the show is simply because of organizational issues and favoritism issues. We doubled our web hits and bandwidth usage last month and so there is potential from here on to be bigger and bigger. The bigger we get, the harder it is to allow things like that to occur.

That being said, there are many ways to allow people here on the forum to interact with the podcast's content.

#1) Request an anime. We've done like 30 forum requested reviews. Sometimes it takes awhile to get around to a review but they get done. This is probably the option that allows the least interaction.

#2) Listener mail, or general inquiries are another way to be involved. If you want to ask a question to be read and answered on the show, send me a PM with the question. We record on weekends, please send inquiries earlier in the week so we can get questions answered.

#3) If you yourself want to come on the show, you need to prepare a topic, outline it(bullet points), and send it over to us at hosts@aaapodcast.com, where we will read it and approve it. I don't want to sound snooty or whatever but I kinda feel like it has to be reviewed first. That all being said, somethings you may need to wait to come on because for example, we have 4 guest hosts from other podcasts joining us in the next 6 weeks. Therefore, at this point, it would take 6 weeks to get on the show. Granted, that's an unusual circumstance.

Sorry, we haven't talked about this more formally, but that's the scoop.
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadaMan Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:41 pm

aha! Insider information! GUEST HOSTS! I'm excited to find out who they are.
CanadaMan
CanadaMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitsugi Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:02 pm

I'd tell you, but then, I'd have to kill you...

No, seriously...I'll give you a hint. It's NOT Gundamn. Though, I'd like to have Soulbro on next time.
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  bakuhasu Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:12 pm

Mitsugi wrote:I'd tell you, but then, I'd have to kill you...

No, seriously...I'll give you a hint. It's NOT Gundamn. Though, I'd like to have Soulbro on next time.

That'll be awesome!! I would like to hear Soulbro's opinion on non mecha anime...
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitsugi Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:59 pm

Wow. Make that 6 other podcasts joining us. Busy next 2 months.
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  TheSuspiciousRedLamp Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:30 am

Baku, I would love to be on your show!! I watched a little bit of your death episode and you were really funny. If you want me on your show I would accept immediately. I just don't know what I have to do to get on your show. I don't have any microphone XD.
How are you working?? I really wanted to start my own podcast, Madness podcast (Mysterious Anime Dudes 'N' Entertainment Super Stars) with two of my friend, but they are just so lazy!! Maybe one day we'll do it, but for now I'm stuck with nothing to do about my podcast. So yeah... If you can tell me how to get on your show, it will be a great honor Razz.

Oh and don't worry Mitsugi, I perfectly understand the situation. I also thought about the question of "favoritisme", I'm cool with it.
XD
TheSuspiciousRedLamp
TheSuspiciousRedLamp

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Duskrados

Back to top Go down

Post  Jrow Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:11 am

@RedLamp - I like that podcast name quite a bit.

bakuhasu wrote:O and what podcast Jrow are you from? If you would like we should do like a member swap with each others podcasts It'll be fun and sorta advertise with our presence.

I'm very torn. On one side, I want to blantantly advertise the heck out of my show and tell you what makes us wonderful, but I can see the other side of the coin where I'd hate others shilling there stuff on my forums.
...so I'll just PM you. (Though the podcasters have talked to Xcom923 about it through Twitter)
Jrow
Jrow

Back to top Go down

Post  bakuhasu Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:24 pm

TheSuspiciousRedLamp wrote:Baku, I would love to be on your show!! I watched a little bit of your death episode and you were really funny. If you want me on your show I would accept immediately. I just don't know what I have to do to get on your show. I don't have any microphone XD.
How are you working?? I really wanted to start my own podcast, Madness podcast (Mysterious Anime Dudes 'N' Entertainment Super Stars) with two of my friend, but they are just so lazy!! Maybe one day we'll do it, but for now I'm stuck with nothing to do about my podcast. So yeah... If you can tell me how to get on your show, it will be a great honor Razz.

Oh and don't worry Mitsugi, I perfectly understand the situation. I also thought about the question of "favoritisme", I'm cool with it.
XD

That is a great Podcast name BTW but for appearing in our podcast, I PMed you about that....
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down