Anime Addicts Anonymous Podcast Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime Club

+2
Mitsugi
Leader
6 posters

Go down

Anime Club Empty Anime Club

Post  Leader Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:50 pm

You'll never believe this, but the anime club at my new high school has a total of 4 students (including myself) and one teacher. Then again, it was only the first meeting, so we'll see how this goes. The worst part is, they almost made us sit through the worst anime ever, SCHOOL DAYS. After that we mainly didn't do much but talk about live action anime and how much some movies should NEVER be turned into animes such as MegaMan, Mario, Sonic, and Iron Man. Luckily, next Thursday, we'll have full unrestricted library/internet access after school so we can go on Hulu, Youtube, AnimeSquish, onemanga, and fanfic.net all we want! Another bonus is the librarians are mega anime/manga nerds so they have a whole stock of manga hidden away that they'll let us read this year! On a sad note, Loudoun County (VA) has ceased all unnecessary funding and that means that they're are no club funds or teacher raises this year...
study
Leader
Leader

http://rrfdp.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Anime Club Empty Re: Anime Club

Post  Mitsugi Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:32 pm

I've been running an anime club at my college for like 4 years. We've got about 20 members. We just finished watching Black Lagoon and Ayakashi: Samurai Horror Tales, as well as Magnetic Rose.

What state are you in?
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  Leader Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:42 pm

Virginia.
Leader
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitsugi Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:09 pm

What animes did you end up watching at that meeting? It's a shame that you can't get much funding.
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  Leader Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:26 am

We were almost goingo watch the anime I mentioned before in the Kannagi post, I talked them out of it, then someone suggested rave master, but it was veto'd by 4 of the 5 members in the club, and we had nothing else so we just discussed anime. They're was only one person who liked subbed better, and there is a couple of really great artists in there, so we also discussed drawing and inking our own manga and posting it to onemanga.com (you can do that if you know the right people. It's not that hard, actually) and... Um... Oh yeah! We got sidetracked alot and started comparing anime and syfy. Then we REALLY got off topic and started to compare Dr. Who and Torchwood.
Leader
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitsugi Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:18 pm

I strongly recommend Goldenboy for club meetings, its hilarious and short. I think also shorter animes like Battle Angel, Iria, Samurai X, Read or Die, all make good animes for clubs. You dont want to commit too much time to any one show. Ya know?
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  Lelouch Yagami Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:49 pm

i think ill start a club at my highschool next year since its a little late to do it now but hopefully i can exclude people because theres a few people i dont want there. ones this,possibly retarded, guy who like reads the really mainstream crappy stuff and is just REALLY annoying and this other guy who everyone just wants to stab but im getting away from the point lol
Lelouch Yagami
Lelouch Yagami

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikhail Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:41 pm

Ummm Lelouch i dont think your getting the point. The whole reason for starting an Anime club (or any club for that matter) is to bring people who like the same thing together. You dont have to like everyone. There is no rule that you need to like everyone but you can just disclude people because you dont like them. Its not fair or right. If you want your club to work you need to be fair and unbaised with your club members. Because if your not your club wont work.
Mikhail
Mikhail

Back to top Go down

Post  Leader Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:43 pm

We decided to watch full metal alchemist. Everyone likes it so far (note we are only 3 episodes into it) and I introduced them all to... MEGATOKYO! Technically, it's not manga because it's an american webcomic, buutt it's got the same manga style.
Leader
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikhail Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:47 pm

Hey Leader thats great. So how does your club work do you watch an episode than talk about it and open the floor? What kind of outline do you go by when running the club?
Mikhail
Mikhail

Back to top Go down

Post  Leader Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:13 pm

Right now, they're is no structure to the club, I've just been so swamped with increasing our regular membership and designing an original cool-looking poster to spread the word easier. I have artists block with the poster!
Leader
Leader

Back to top Go down

Anime Club Empty .........JEALOUS.......

Post  bakuhasu Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:27 pm

Yeah guys I wish I can live where you guys are because anime clubs here though they are crowded they lack alot. Though there are anime clubs it seems like they are run by some unsociable guys ( that's what I seem to see) that play smash bros Melee all day. What I'm going at here is maybe in college I'm going to an anime club but my High school experience has been pretty negative regarding a club. Basically you don't need to join an anime club in my area to LIKE anime. -_-
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

Post  elvenbladerogue Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:16 pm

I remember the anime club we had back when i was in high school... all i have to say is EPIC FAIL.
elvenbladerogue
elvenbladerogue

Back to top Go down

Post  Leader Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:22 pm

Luckily I'm running the anime club in a certain part of Virginia! I'm pretty sociable unless it comes to talking to 2 certain girls! In the past 2 days I've gotten three people to join, it's really awesome! Don't give up hope Anakin! (nerdy star wars referance! It comes from my dads side...) er... Bakuhasu! If you go around asking a ton of people if they like anime or manga and if they say yes, invite them Smile
Leader
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  bakuhasu Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:03 pm

Leader wrote:er... Bakuhasu! If you go around asking a ton of people if they like anime or manga and if they say yes, invite them Smile

Hmmm what you mean? Plus theres ALOT of people watching anime from where I live. We have a japantown 8 blocks away from where I live that's telling you something. Not to get you on the negative side Leader
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Leader Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:11 pm

You said that no one would go to anime clubs where you live? And don't worry about offending me! The only way you could do that is to insult my 4VV3S0|\/|3 733t |\/|u51c 5ki11z j0!
Leader
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  bakuhasu Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:23 pm

HA ha Leader. That's hard to decode right there. Yeah I think I need to clarify myself. There are anime clubs in the high school that I used to attend but they don't do much anime related stuff(In my understanding,because I didn't join the club). Even if I didn't join the club me and my buds did talk about anime, once in a while ( you don't want to know what we talk about
Twisted Evil ). As I said and I'll say it again you don't need to join an anime club in order to spread or share your love about anime. Because there are a majority of anime viewers in my school.

Then again I'm mainly jealous about the state that you live in is because the people you hang with are anime viewers and they're really rare in a state that is not a melting pot compared to SF.
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Leader Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:16 pm

That is DEEP. And I have to say that I agree with that. I was a little confused there for a bit too. Haha don't sp34k 733t? Awesome elite music skills, yo = 4VV3S0|\/|3 733t |\/|u51c 5ki11z j0. D3c1ph3r th1s: 1 4m d471|\|g |V|4r7837h! No, don't really decipher this. I just like making peoples brain hurt with l337 <evilgrin>
Leader
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  elvenbladerogue Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:00 pm

Leader wrote:You said that no one would go to anime clubs where you live? And don't worry about offending me! The only way you could do that is to insult my 4VV3S0|\/|3 733t |\/|u51c 5ki11z j0!

lol Translation for: 4VV3S0|\/|3 733t |\/|u51c 5ki11z

Awesome leet music skillz

Translation for: 1 4m d471|\|g |V|4r7837h!

I am dating martbeth

That one took me a few mins to De-code. lol

you pretty much how leet down, just gotta fix a few errors. like how you spelt leet, you put 733t, it's 1337 since 1 = L and 7 = T. Of course there is many ways of doing 1 letter in leet still.

lol but still i sadly know how to read and speak leet... well.. type leet... lol
elvenbladerogue
elvenbladerogue

Back to top Go down

Post  Leader Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:39 pm

Lol me and my friends pass notes in 1337 (thank you for pointing out the miss-spell)! Oh yeah, the orchestra storage room spells out my other friend's name 807D- Boyd.
Leader
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  elvenbladerogue Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:43 pm

Leader wrote:Lol me and my friends pass notes in 1337 (thank you for pointing out the miss-spell)! Oh yeah, the orchestra storage room spells out my other friend's name 807D- Boyd.

lmao nice, i have a cheat sheet i made for anyone wants to learn it.

I was forced by my best friend to learn it. he would only talk to me in 1337 and made me learn it. it ws the best way to learning it.

one of the key rules rules about leet is, anyone 1 word can have many way of being made in leet. like with W i know 3 ways of doing, \/\/. or VV. or (M). the brackets around the M means to flip the letter inside.
elvenbladerogue
elvenbladerogue

Back to top Go down

Post  Lelouch Yagami Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:21 pm

Mikhail wrote:Ummm Lelouch i dont think your getting the point. The whole reason for starting an Anime club (or any club for that matter) is to bring people who like the same thing together. You dont have to like everyone. There is no rule that you need to like everyone but you can just disclude people because you dont like them. Its not fair or right. If you want your club to work you need to be fair and unbaised with your club members. Because if your not your club wont work.

go to this and you'll know why i am hesitent about an anime club because i know a few people like this https://aaapodcast.forumotion.com/the-ranting-room-f12/what-bugs-me-about-new-fans-t162.htm
Lelouch Yagami
Lelouch Yagami

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikhail Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:53 pm

Lelouch Yagami wrote:
Mikhail wrote:Ummm Lelouch i dont think your getting the point. The whole reason for starting an Anime club (or any club for that matter) is to bring people who like the same thing together. You dont have to like everyone. There is no rule that you need to like everyone but you can just disclude people because you dont like them. Its not fair or right. If you want your club to work you need to be fair and unbaised with your club members. Because if your not your club wont work.

go to this and you'll know why i am hesitent about an anime club because i know a few people like this https://aaapodcast.forumotion.com/the-ranting-room-f12/what-bugs-me-about-new-fans-t162.htm

I saw that Lelouch and sadly i know people like this too but you cant just exclude them from fandom or clubs its like that with anything you do. its just how life is. you have to decide for yourself if you can deal with them because youll have to. like i said before you dont have to like them you just need to deal with them in a calm appropriate manner. if you cant do that then running your club will be really hard. im just trying to give some advise the decision to make or not make a club is yours. but if you do start one you will get those "bleach blonde" types. thats how it is.
Mikhail
Mikhail

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down