Anime Addicts Anonymous Podcast Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime in 3D: Every wonder why movies are rarely EVER released outside of theaters with 3D?

Go down

Anime in 3D:  Every wonder why movies are rarely EVER released outside of theaters with 3D? Empty Anime in 3D: Every wonder why movies are rarely EVER released outside of theaters with 3D?

Post  Mitsugi Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:51 pm

I am starting this thread after a real life argument about anime in 3D. I'm going to state my case below. Since Valentine and I started fighting over this, I think it's a pretty good forum topic. My stance is against using 3D in anime.

Every wonder why movies are rarely EVER released outside of theaters with 3D? Read on...and debate if you feel the need.

Not feasible outside of movie theaters:
o Size of screen enhances the effectiveness of 3D. Regular size televisions are not going to be effective
conveying 3D images.
o Hassle having to deal with the 3d glasses. They get broken, lost, dirty, etc...suddenly, no more 3D.
• Would really want to have to watch your anime in 3D with glasses? Without the glasses,
the viewing experience isn’t possible?

POSSIBLE ARGUMENT: Make two versions of the movie.
Why making two versions of the movie isn’t possible:
o 3D isn’t feasible because in order to accommodate both people who want and do not want 3D viewing,
two versions of the film will need to be made.
• Anime is barely profitable as it is. Making two versions isn’t going to be manageable for many
studios.
• Studios may not have the equipment to make 3D.
• Studios may not be able to handle the added expense of selling multiple pairs of 3D glasses
with every in-store DVD.

Further cons to 3D:
o 3D glasses are uncomfortable and the format is distracting.
o The use of 3D in theaters is used as a gimmick for re-releases and new releases alike.

3D is not aesthetic. Watching a movie through dirty, cumbersome glasses will certainly take away from the films and series. Do we really need 3D images in order to make anime beautiful and entertaining? Will it really add that much to anime? Anime is already exciting enough, why cheapen the media format and reduce it to Hollywood level that needs to make movies like "Asteroid" to make money?
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down