Anime Addicts Anonymous Podcast Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TTGL!!!THREAD

5 posters

Go down

TTGL!!!THREAD Empty TTGL!!!THREAD

Post  bakuhasu Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:22 pm

Your thoughts and what made you watch this anime known as the great the almighty TENGEN TOPPA GURREN LAGANN!!!!!! ( I just have to type this in CAPS) Well first off I haven't seen TTGL until summer of this year (man was I missing out). What made me watch it was mainly due to the hype machine, especially memes that relate to this anime. One day my friend read this quote from a forum regarding this anime it said "If you don't watch this anime, you're not a man". I was wowed by that quote and decided when should I watch this anime. As time went by, I was not sure whether this anime was as good as people said it would be. Bored the heck outta my mind one day I decided I'll watch TTGL for fun. The first episode well....it was good not in a epic way but really entertaining. As I kept watching,things started to build until well at episode 8 or 9 I forgot. I wasn't turned off by the death of one of the coolest characters ever created in anime but I was simply turned off....UNTIL....
My anime depression.. I wanted to watch anime again and really wanted to finish TTGL again but I was depressed and didn't want to watch anime for awhile... Well I simply forced myself and took me 2 days to finish this series... MY GOD great series indeed. This anime has EPIC written all over it, teaching the audience about morals and punching you in the face with it. This is by far the most manliest anime I ever experienced and I felt my SOUL yes MY SOUL is burning just watching it ( I feel like punching walls but I'm not angry). This anime is epic and I'll say it DON'T CONSIDER YOURSELF TO BE AN ANIME FAN IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCH THIS ANIME!!!!! (IT'S THAT GOOD). That is all.

Yeah guys share views and stories in how you got into TTGL..
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

TTGL!!!THREAD Empty Re: TTGL!!!THREAD

Post  Leader Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:18 pm

Where can I find said manly anime?!?!
Leader
Leader

http://rrfdp.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadaMan Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:39 pm

Simon versus Viral and the Spiral King. 'Nuff said.
CanadaMan
CanadaMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikhail Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:02 pm

I heard about its original run but i was busy watching Gundam 00 and Macross Frontier. So i put it in my Netflix. Then one day it came up in the query and i watched it all the way through. Amazing show. If your one of those people that needs a valid scientific explaination for things your not going to get one. From Kaminas attempt to get to the surface to the last battle this anime throws Caution to the wind and is stronger for it. if your willing to suspend your dibeilef and embrace Gurren Lagann for what it is youll enjoy this anime to no end. Dont belive in yourself believe in the me that believes in you!

P.S.

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!!! TENGEN TOPPA GURREN LAGANN!!!
Mikhail
Mikhail

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadaMan Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:43 pm

Mikhail wrote:WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!!! TENGEN TOPPA GURREN LAGANN!!!

Don't believe in yourself Simon, believe in me. Believe in the Kamina that believes in you.
CanadaMan
CanadaMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Eric Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:46 pm

bakuhasu wrote:...This anime is epic

That pretty much sums it up for me. Probably one of the best series I've seen in the last 8 or 9 years. I dig how the show pays homage to the old Super Robot shows I grew up with, while managing to inject a little more emotional depth into the genre. I've watched the series from beginning to end twice, and both times, I actually teared up a little during the "event" that occurs during the first quarter of the show.

"Do the impossible, see the invisible.. Row, Row, Fight Da Pow-wah! Very Happy
Eric
Eric

Back to top Go down

Post  bakuhasu Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:15 pm

Eric wrote:

Glad to see some replies in this topic. Gotta say the soundtrack for TTGL is really good when it comes to setting the mood. Rap for TTGL as a background music is just awesome really just setting the feel for the whole series. Again ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH!
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Eric Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:26 pm

bakuhasu wrote:
Eric wrote:

Glad to see some replies in this topic. Gotta say the soundtrack for TTGL is really good when it comes to setting the mood. Rap for TTGL as a background music is just awesome really just setting the feel for the whole series. Again ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH!

I agree; the show has an incredible soundtrack, and the way it's used to enhance the story throughout the series is amazing. I like the fact that there are certain key themes associated with different characters & situations, and that they pop up throughout the series, evolving as the characters evolve. Really good stuff. Cool
Eric
Eric

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down