Anime Addicts Anonymous Podcast Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fall 2009 Season

+3
Mitsugi
Chiaki
Ryani
7 posters

Go down

Fall 2009 Season Empty Fall 2009 Season

Post  Ryani Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:12 am

So, we have a new anime season starting up next month. What shows are you guys particularly interested in?

(A list, though perhaps not full, can be found here.)

The shows I'm curious about are:

Letter Bee I've been meaning to check out the manga for a while now. It could be generic, or it could be a fantasy show with a lot of heart.
Kimi no Todoke Well, this is either going to be a sweet and charming romantic comedy . . .or it is going to be a Toradora! ripoff. However, it is Production I.G. Do they make bad shows? Furthermore, it is a romantic comedy by Production I.G. How mind warping.
Yumeiro Patissiere . . .the market really, really needs some more shoujo these days. 'nough said.
Jungle Emporer Leo I'm curious, though I'm more interested in seeing the original.
Winter Sonata Honestly, this just looks like a solid show. The animation is lovely, the character designs are sparse yet unique, and it's not a unique concept, but it isn't a cliche one, either.
Romance of the Three Kingdoms - A serious historical anime with political intrigue? Yes, please.

And that's about it - a lot of the shows this season just seem extremely generic or stupid, which is quite aggravating. It's also quite curious what's missing this season: No robots(. . .unless you count Asura Cryin'), no KyoAni, no Gonzo(Although KyoAni can be forgiven, since Haruhi is still running, and new Haruhi is worth about six new KyoAni shows. Also, the Gonzo thing is probably good, as I think they've made about three good shows ever.) Armed Librarians: Book of Bantorra looks like that one show you get every season that has amazing potential but will never live up to it.

I won't be watching any of these unless we get a simulcast(But we got, what, about seven during the spring? There's a fair chance,)but I'm excited. I look forward to any reviews and impressions to be made on the podcast, and I fully intend to be following the ANN Season Preview.

I don't think this list is final, so maybe we'll get something good yet.

(One last note: Trapeze looks very good, but I'm not sure I could handle a craaazy show about doctors.)
Ryani
Ryani

Back to top Go down

Fall 2009 Season Empty Re: Fall 2009 Season

Post  Chiaki Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:24 pm

Alright, looking over that, this season does seem really lackluster... and filled with the same thing, again and again...

Which is espically dissapointing considering I'll be in Japan this fall season and watching it over there.
Chiaki
Chiaki

http://www.aaapodcast.com

Back to top Go down

Fall 2009 Season Empty Episode 5

Post  Mitsugi Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:27 pm

We already have our 4th episode setup. However, it might be a good idea to take a session to take about the new season. Seems like an intelligent discussion topic...though I agree the animes look pretty terrible. There's a bunch like Inuyasha and Stitch 2 that you know will suck...that makes up almost 1/4 of the shows.
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryani Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:49 pm

Yeah, I'm seeing a bunch of harem shows, some obviously fanserviced stuff, a yuri show that could go either way but is probably the fanserviced type of yuri rather than the Maria Watches Over Us type, and a couple of shounen. Mostly it's show after show featuring images of girls with young faces, colorful hair, and huge breasts, though there are thankfully some exceptions there. Maybe we'll get some last minute announcement and it will be utterly awesome(I mean, there was no announcement for the second half of Haruhi starting this year until they just suddenly started airing it,) but that's doubtful.

I hope you find something you like, though, Chiaki! There do seem to be some promising titles!
Ryani
Ryani

Back to top Go down

Post  Hatake Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:39 pm

Mitsugi wrote:We already have our 4th episode setup. However, it might be a good idea to take a session to take about the new season. Seems like an intelligent discussion topic...though I agree the animes look pretty terrible. There's a bunch like Inuyasha and Stitch 2 that you know will suck...that makes up almost 1/4 of the shows.

Hey HEY, I'm actually looking forward to InuYasha: The Final Act. *pouts* So little love for the dog boy... I guess that's how mainstream anime goes, though, eh?

Other than that, there's nothing I'm really pumped about... Maybe we'll lucky and something awesome will come out of the dark and hit us like a pie in the face. A lemon meringue pie, hopefully. Those taste awesome.

Now that my terrible ninja humor has subsided... you can stop flinching now, I swear it's over. For now. Twisted Evil *poofs*
Hatake
Hatake

http://kyotofoxfire.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dark_lord_killua Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:17 pm

I've been reading letterbee in my shonen jump and it's really good in my opinion. It's original, it's funny, it doesn't have quite enough action for my tastes, but enough to keep me interested. And I find it funny that you said it might have "a lot of heart" because that's what their steampunk guns are powered by.

Don't hate on mainstream anime, guys. It's popular for a reason. Unless it's deathnote. Then it's popular for a bad reason. Ok, go ahead you light fangirl/boys. Hate me. It'll only drive you forward!

BTW, would people consider D.Gray Man and Hunter X Hunter mainstream? Because I think at least the latter is somewhat obscure.

And on another note, why can't you guys just have a humerous beep or gasp, rather than moaning? It's either creeping me out or turning me on, I can't tell for sure.
dark_lord_killua
dark_lord_killua

http://panahinuva.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryani Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:31 pm

Mitsugi. . . .

I think you just might be wrong about A Certain Scientific Railgun. . .if only because this is a clip from the series it is a spin off of.

Also, Winter Sonata trailer it looks so good. I think it'll be awesome, as well.

Valentine, all of your "hopefully goods" are mine, too. I really look forward to Letter Bee, Kimi no Todoke and Winter Sonata. They sound great!
Ryani
Ryani

Back to top Go down

Fall 2009 Season Empty Scientific Railgun

Post  Mitsugi Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:28 am

There is an anime called Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha that you may or may not have seen. It is about magical girls who battle to save the earth.

The character Nanoha came from another show known as Triangle Hearts. Not sure if you've seen that either, but in that OVA Nanoha sells cakes and a bakery. That is her only role in that OVA.

Spinoffs are not always related closely to their original.

BTW, that youtube video was funny, but I really didn't see how that video indicates much other than OBAMA is in anime rofl.
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryani Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:11 am

Yep, I have heard of this. (I considered watching Nanoha for a while, but by all accounts I'd probably hate it) I just think this might be a different case, as from what I can tell the first show is a weird cracky parody anime rather than playing the premise in a straight way, thus, because the sequel is based on a side story from the source material, it might be similar. I have no interest in either show, I'm just saying. ^_^

And yes, OBAMA IS IN ANIME. It gets weirder here. Different anime, but wow.

He's also been written into the Air Gear manga, and I think a hentai manga somewhere.

Then there are the carameldansens. *shudder*
Ryani
Ryani

Back to top Go down

Fall 2009 Season Empty Extended List

Post  Chiaki Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:57 am

I just wanted to let everyone know that a new extended list of animes coming out in the Fall 2009 season has been released. You can find it here:

http://chartfag.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/fall-2009-v2-export1.jpg

Like the first list it has titles, pictures, a short description. But, this list not only has more but it also has release dates!

I know the hosts are all excited (I am!) for the new season and we're beginning to divide up the anime so expect fresh reviews and impressions when the season really kicks off in about a week or two!
Chiaki
Chiaki

Back to top Go down

Post  lamperouge98 Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:39 am

NEW DARKER THAN BLACK!!!!!!! A new Negima too!!!!
lamperouge98
lamperouge98

Back to top Go down

Post  Lelouch Yagami Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:28 pm

i saw some good ones that i think have potential and look really good. im just going to make a list of the good ones out of the fall lineup im looking at.

Nyan Koi!

Kampfer

11eyes

Armed Librarians:Book of Banntora

Seitokai no Ichizon

Letter Bee

Miracle Train

Kobato

Heaven's Lost Property

Blue Literature

Trapeze
Lelouch Yagami
Lelouch Yagami

Back to top Go down

Fall 2009 Season Empty Best of the Fall

Post  Mitsugi Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:02 pm

My bet for the best animes of the fall are:

Trapeze
Yameiro Patisseire
Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Winter Sonata

Anyway care to toss a hat into the ring?
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  Lelouch Yagami Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:45 pm

How so?
Lelouch Yagami
Lelouch Yagami

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitsugi Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:00 pm

Rofl, how do you mean how so? I just listed what I thought would be the best.

If you must know. Romance is a classic story, trapeze is made by the people who did mononoke, winter sonata sounds like it has a great story and Yumeiro has an interesting story. Of course, I could be wrong but those were the ones we posted in episode 5 as the best of the season.
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  dark_lord_killua Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:21 pm

I love the Letter Bee manga, so I'm betting that the Letter Bee anime's going to be almost as good.
dark_lord_killua
dark_lord_killua

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitsugi Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:54 pm

I was very pleased with the first episode of "A certain scientific Railgun". It was really neat.
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  dark_lord_killua Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:55 pm

I thought that was one that you thought was going to be crappy because it was so cliched?
dark_lord_killua
dark_lord_killua

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitsugi Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:26 pm

I'm going to reserve my opinion because it is cliche as hell however, the first episode was entertaining. It really didn't have much plot though. We'll have to see if it develops one or if it's just another anime about a school that develops psychic powers in children.

I mean one character can fire small objects like a "railgun" which is how the show gets its name. She nails a car thats coming at her and sends the car sailing over her head through the air like 80 feet. Pretty cool. We'll see. Nice job calling me out though Killua. Spunky as always. Smile
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiaki Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:41 pm

I watched the first episode of The Sacred Blacksmith... It wasn't too promising, but it has some aspects and angles that if they work it can be good. I'm going to wait (like normal) till the third or fourth episode when I get a better feel for it to give my impression.

What I can't wait for is the New Three Musketeers, and it comes out on my birthday! Happy Birthday to me, let's hope it doesn't suck!
Chiaki
Chiaki

Back to top Go down

Post  dark_lord_killua Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:52 pm

Mitsugi wrote:I'm going to reserve my opinion because it is cliche as hell however, the first episode was entertaining. It really didn't have much plot though. We'll have to see if it develops one or if it's just another anime about a school that develops psychic powers in children.

I mean one character can fire small objects like a "railgun" which is how the show gets its name. She nails a car thats coming at her and sends the car sailing over her head through the air like 80 feet. Pretty cool. We'll see. Nice job calling me out though Killua. Spunky as always. Smile

Now I might actually have to watch this once I get a less crappy computer and some free time.

Woo spunky!

Chiaki: Is the New Three Musketeers anything like the book? I loved the book.
dark_lord_killua
dark_lord_killua

Back to top Go down

Post  Lelouch Yagami Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:06 pm

Mitsugi wrote:Rofl, how do you mean how so? I just listed what I thought would be the best.

If you must know. Romance is a classic story, trapeze is made by the people who did mononoke, winter sonata sounds like it has a great story and Yumeiro has an interesting story. Of course, I could be wrong but those were the ones we posted in episode 5 as the best of the season.

momentary laps of retardation lol
Lelouch Yagami
Lelouch Yagami

Back to top Go down

Post  Lelouch Yagami Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:07 pm

were are you guys getting the new anime(to lazy to look) afro
Lelouch Yagami
Lelouch Yagami

Back to top Go down

Fall 2009 Season Empty new anime source

Post  Mitsugi Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:30 pm