Anime Addicts Anonymous Podcast Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Funny Funimation Screws Up?

4 posters

Go down

Funny Funimation Screws Up? Empty Funny Funimation Screws Up?

Post  Mitsugi Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:09 am

Has anybody been paying attention to the negative press that Funimation has been getting as a result of their censoring the "Dance in the Vampire Bund" anime series? They censored it, citing the lolicon that is in the anime which, is VERY MILD might I add. People are talking about boycotting their DVDs because of it.

A few things:

#1) I'm surprised people haven't already boycotted them considering their prices.

#2) They previously licensed Strike Witches, which is much more objectionable. Strike witches themes include; ecchi, lollicon, and fanservice.

#3) It makes me wonder if the idiots over at Funimation even bother to watch the anime they license because they acquire them...how can you license an anime, only to decide later that you're going to cut material from it? Unreal.

Source below:

Funimation is Stupid.
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Funny Funimation Screws Up? Empty Re: Funny Funimation Screws Up?

Post  Jrow Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:48 pm

Censoring the stream? I can fully support. Censoring the DVD's? Um.... a little dicey there. It's 2010; censoring is frowned upon and something I thought Funi got over a few years ago. When I saw the press release, I was actually somewhat excepting of Funi doing it. I'm not too big a fan of the show (dropped after episode 4), so I really don't have a horse in this race.

But anyways, manga fans absolutely despise the anime and friends of mine dropped it after their initial impressions were promising. I never understood why it was only meant to be a 12-episode series.
Jrow
Jrow

Back to top Go down

Post  Grim Reaper Hei Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:55 pm

Well thats funimation for ya. Like Jrow said I can understand if it was the streaming version but the dvd really? I've been reading the manga (which is still releasing new chapters) of dance in the vampires bund and its not that bad and I tried to watch the anime but its just so off and since it is to only be 12 episodes i don't think it is going to be that good anyway. However since funimation is one of the few companys that distributes anime in North America I won't stay mad at them for long.
Grim Reaper Hei
Grim Reaper Hei

http://myanimelist.net/profile/yellowflash09

Back to top Go down

Post  Saber Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:47 am

I wouldn't necessarily call the people at FUNimation idiots for holding their heads down. Lolicon is still a touchy thing, especially in such a conservative country such as the USA. Someone's gonna shout out no matter what. I myself have never watched a single episode of this series because I'm not interested in it, but I've been told by those who do watch it that most likely, the censorship is going to involve digitally removing nipples and such from the main character's body.

If that is the whole issue, I'd say it's not as bad as it sounds.

EDIT:

And now it seems that FUNimation is re-evaluating the situation. They will wait until they've seen all episodes before making a final statement on the DVD/BD releases.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-03-10/funimation-comments-further-on-vampire-bund-edits
Saber
Saber

http://www.myanimelist.net/profile/Saber

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down