Anime Addicts Anonymous Podcast Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So what you think out of it?

4 posters

Go down

So what you think out of it? Empty So what you think out of it?

Post  bakuhasu Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:15 pm

ANIME SUCKS
When foreign cultures talk about Japan, they usually talk about anime and / or manga. Usually, it's anime. Anime is terrible. It used to be okay. Now, it's not. It's inbred trailer-trash in entertainment form: Every season's new Japanese animation places one-upmanship of every single aspect of the last season higher on their list of priorities than even "make something entertaining." The same can perhaps be said of all Japanese entertainment, though it's not relevant anywhere else as much as it is in anime. Anime used to answer the questions of kids' dreams: "How awesome would it be to be a world-class assassin / kung-fu master / robot pilot / baseball hero?" Now it's just a bunch of shit pandering to perverts and pedophiles. Anime heroes used to be people with amazing job descriptions; now they're reasonably young men who find themselves miraculously sharing houses with a dozen girls aged six to nine, accidentally almost touching every other scene. Or else it's just guys with huge hair and impossible weapons shouting jargon. Long ago, manga aspired to be like Dragon Ball Z: graphically iconic, with a story more coherent than it probably needed to be. Now there's the ADHD-addled Dragon-Ball-Z-inspired One Piece, a manga for the Twitter age if there ever was one.

Source: http://kotaku.com/5484581/japan-its-not-funny-anymore

I found this while on my moment to moment checking this website based on the game blogging website that I go to moments and moments to keep me going through the day and I saw this.

My reaction towards his statement, though not wrong, and at times right. He didn't really hit the right notes when it comes to choosing anime even of the recent titles like Code Geass R2 or Durarara!. Which ticks me off because his experience in anime is rather filtered and made his overall opinion rather well uneasy to digest. So I come to you with this.... What did you think about this sub-category statement of the overall article? *Link Above*
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

So what you think out of it? Empty Re: So what you think out of it?

Post  Grim Reaper Hei Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:54 am

I don't know how many more times I can take some random person putting down anime based off certain steriotypes that apply to some anime that they have seen while they overlook the quality ones. Sure some newer anime do apply to those steriotypes but to say that about all anime is just wrong look at Durarara or Code Geass R2 like Baku said those are very recent well done anime that don't apply to those steriotypes and while some do it thats no reason to say all anime are like that. Something like the Kara no Kyoukai movies also don't apply to the steirotypes (apart from the third movie) and what about music theamed anime like nana, beck or K-on. This persons view on anime is just *BANG!*

Hi this is Ironarrow friend of the recently deceased Grim Reaper Hei he was no long able to control himself after reading about this persons view on anime and shot himself in the head I will now be taking over his acount here nice to meet you all Smile
Grim Reaper Hei
Grim Reaper Hei

http://myanimelist.net/profile/yellowflash09

Back to top Go down

Post  TheSuspiciousRedLamp Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:33 am

That guy watched what recently?? Rosario-Vampire, Kampfer, Queens Blades, To-Love-Ru, Lucky Star, K-ON, Naruto, etc?? Not that those are bad shows (always depend of your opinion), but if he just watched that I would kinda understand. I don't know... that dude never heard of Code Geass, Death Note, Durarara, Gurren Lagann, Last Exile, Macross, Gundam 00, Clannad, Rahxephon, OHSHC, Cowboy Bepop and freaking Xam'd: Lost Memories. Yes DragonBall is fun, but c'mon, grow up!! It's not the 90's anymore. Don't take this guy seriously people. He really needs to check his stuff.
TheSuspiciousRedLamp
TheSuspiciousRedLamp

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Duskrados

Back to top Go down

Post  bakuhasu Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:00 am

Well in his defense he is right about one thing.. that is the absurd amount of Moe,Harem/fanservice anime as stated
Now it's just a bunch of shit pandering to perverts and pedophiles. Anime heroes used to be people with amazing job descriptions; now they're reasonably young men who find themselves miraculously sharing houses with a dozen girls aged six to nine, accidentally almost touching every other scene.
Which goes to show that anime in this generation more so this economy has to sell, no matter how the definition of "entertainment" is so called put in the japanese (because it's intended for these guys more so than it is for you and me) broadcasting stations. Which brings up my next theory in the crowd of the anime fan. They're are 2 types. One likes to watch everything but at the end of the day he/she just look forward and will talk about the good ones that is the highlight throughout his anime entertainment experience. 2nd you have the moeblobs which in a sense doesn't care about story. All they want is characters that really can get their excitement juices running everywhere. Especially in their pants (waiting for the next doujin on character X). Not that these people are bad, it's just the same concept of a hardcore gamer frowning upon a casual gamer. Since now pretty much fan-service sells this guy is pretty much on the core with about how 70% of this generation of anime is composed of. But animes airing as mentioned have really defined the storytelling in this decade such a great example would be Gundam 00 which takes the audience in a what-if situation. Where 300 years from now mankind even with a near infinite amount of resources cannot still relieve his lust for war. These are the mature themes that were brought up in such a popular and mainstreamed anime franchise. These are fine examples that transcends the whole anime standard of storytelling. Again as said above I think his whole views in anime is rather filtered than knowing a hundred percent in what is he dealing with.
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Anarchy Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:45 pm

I love Kotaku and all, but I honestly don't trust anyone named Tim Rogers. Sounds like he's only seen Love Hina.... Which I like.
Anarchy
Anarchy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum