Anime Addicts Anonymous Podcast Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who wants to learn some Japanese?

3 posters

Go down

Who wants to learn some Japanese? Empty Who wants to learn some Japanese?

Post  Mitsugi Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:24 pm

Ok we've got some activity on this forum now, it's only going to increase from here. But because of this, let's get some Japanese conversation going. So who wants to learn some Japanese? I am at the JLPT level 3, you can look that up if you are curious. I don't know if that makes me qualified to tutor anybody but I know about 1,600 vocab words and a bunch of grammar. So who's ready to learn?

Unfortunately, before you can learn Japanese you have to know the "kana." It will take about a month to learn both kana sets so unless you've already started, maybe we have a long way to go. Seems like Mikhail at least already knows a bunch of his kana. If you don't know it, I can probably find online practice resources for you guys. However, I believe in buying a couple CHEAP workbooks to help you learn.

Let's Learn Hiragana
Let's Learn Katakana

Both of the above books can be purchased on amazon.com, used, for less than $6. Not much of an investment.

Once you know those, you can move onto the beast of all beasts, Kanji. Kanji really is as difficult as you might think. It's nearly impossible to learn it, AND RETAIN IT, living in America, but all you can do is your best.

So who's on board?
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Who wants to learn some Japanese? Empty Re: Who wants to learn some Japanese?

Post  Mikhail Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:05 pm

So im curious Mitz how the hell can you type the Kana online. if you could enlighten me to this i would be fasinated. Dou itashimashite.
Mikhail
Mikhail

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadaMan Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:00 pm

It's a complicated keyboard language setting that varies from OS to OS. I managed to get Vista to do it two years ago, but can't get it on XP.
Also, I'm going to look for those books on Amazon.ca, and once I receive my new chip-card credit card in the mail, I'll see about ordering them.
CanadaMan
CanadaMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikhail Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:01 am

sweet canadaman if you need any help we are here.
Mikhail
Mikhail

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitsugi Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:18 am

I use Mac OS. It's so easy on a mac that I can change it using a hotkey.

On windows, you have to go into regional and language settings and fiddle with it there. I'd google it if I were you.
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down