Anime Addicts Anonymous Podcast Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

herrro! im new and im makapoochi

+4
Mikhail
Chiaki
Mitsugi
makapoochi
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

herrro! im new and im makapoochi Empty herrro! im new and im makapoochi

Post  makapoochi Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:43 am

Hi Im new and really excited about this podcast! in just the past month i've become severly hooded on the anime crack pipe. Some of my favourite anime currently is Hajime no ippo, GTO, goldenboy, crayon shin chan, as far as series go. what got me hooked was watching a video on youtube of my local anime con. i was really fascinated with the idea of cosplay and thought it was wicked awesome. and just seeing the atmosphere at the con. i've only ever been the local anime con once in jr high. it was pretty quiet back then but now its so much more different. it just seems so much more intense now! the next con in my town is 6 months away and i cant stop thinking about it. in the meantime i've just been surrounding myself with everything anime training myself for the upcoming convention. i started searching for anime podcasts and eventually found this and realized this was the podcast for me when i listened to the first episode and noticed that the hosts had good taste i could rely on.

i think my first anime i watched was probably akira when i was in jr high. and just a few months ago i went through a huge miyuzaki phase and just tried watching everything from studio ghibli i could get my hands on. naasica is prob my fav miyuzaki film.
i've been looking for anime clubs in my area and decided im going to join the one at the local university. they get together and view anime everyweek and rate it. im super excited!!
anyway sorry if im being really lame right now. i'll just stop here.
you guys are doing great with the podcast and keeep it up!!
makapoochi
makapoochi

https://www.youtube.com/jairusbilo

Back to top Go down

herrro! im new and im makapoochi Empty Re: herrro! im new and im makapoochi

Post  Mitsugi Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:23 am

Dude Makapoochi, you and I have practically the exact same taste in anime. Hajime no Ippo, GTO, and Nausicaa are all in my top 20 favorite anime and Goldenboy is a rip-roaring hilarious classic. Are you excited about the new Ghibli films coming out in the next few years? Younger directors, but if it Ghibli it can't be bad.

I appreciate your comments about our trustworthiness. We try to be fair when we discuss anime. We know that for every series, there are 1,000 people who love that series and because of that, it's important to be fair.

Welcome to the forum! Feel free to make yourself at home and make some anime reviews or ask questions. Anything you'd like. Just know that we DO get user requested content on the show and if you ask something, it will be involved. Smile

See ya!
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  makapoochi Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:25 pm

hey mitsugi! yeah i just finished listening to the latest podcast and yeah im pretty excited for these young directors from ghibli i think we'll be seeing some really amazing stuff.
thanks 4 the welcome! and i look forward to taking part in this forum!
makapoochi
makapoochi

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiaki Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:14 pm

Dude i said to mitsugi that he'd like you and he was all like hellz yeah I allready posted lol. Welcome to the forums! This is an exciting time for the AAA. So if you need anything or want to see anything let us know Very Happy
Chiaki
Chiaki

http://www.aaapodcast.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikhail Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:27 pm

Welcome Makapoochi!!! Welcome to the forums enjoy! see ya around.
Mikhail
Mikhail

Back to top Go down

Post  bakuhasu Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:37 pm

Hey Makapoochi! Baku here saying hi and good posting and anime watching because those are some all time classics that you listed there.
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadaMan Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:32 pm

I am now going to make Mitsugi cry ... I haven't seen any of those titles that Makapoochi listed.

But I do have a weekend full of Hajime no Ippo ahead of me! Or rather, a day of "broadcast back in time from Australia" UFC 110 and then a day of Hajime no Ippo to round things off.

Welcome to the A.A.A. forums Makapoochi! I'm CanadaMan, the first Canadian and resident Western Canadian of the boards eh?
CanadaMan
CanadaMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitsugi Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:06 pm

Canadaman. You're going to be blown away by Ippo. The way they build up to the fights through the use of intense training preparation and comedy. And then by the time the fight starts you're so excited for it, you just wanna explode.

Great stuff.
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  makapoochi Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:32 pm

Hajime no Ippo is perfect! I started taking wing chun martial arts when i started watching this show and it got me so pumped to train. im not really much of a fighting type but this show got me pumped about boxing as well.
you should also definitely check out GoldenBoy canadaman. i also think this is one of the greatest anime shows i've come across. i wish it was longer than just that 5 or 6 episodes or whatever it was.
makapoochi
makapoochi

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadaMan Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:26 am

Where do you train? At the U of A?
CanadaMan
CanadaMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Kimiko Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:04 am

Welcome Welcome, Makapoochi!!! I'm glad you're liking it here ^_^ I haven't seen GoldenBoy (though I intend to) and if Hajime no Ippo got you that pumped, I'm so on it! I love when an anime can totally make you want to learn martial arts or acrobatics or painting or whatever. Mostly martial arts. I took taekwondo forever! How is wing chung? Is it effective? Oh, and as for Miyazaki, I've been hooked for years! I went through a simultaneous FMA and Miyazaki phase where I bought every single DVD for each and just watched them over and over again. Naussica is right up there with my top three, though I'll always have a soft spot for Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke cuz they were my firsts.

Anywho, welcome, my friend! I hope you enjoy hanging with us podcast folk Laughing

-Kimiko-
Kimiko
Kimiko

Back to top Go down

Post  makapoochi Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:39 am

Thanks kimiko!! wow ur all so friendly here!
what does FMA stand for kimiko?
i love wing chun! it's so interesting to learn. its all about efficiency and confidence and its so neat cause there's so much science behind it. its probably one of the most practical martial arts out there. and i found there were alot of similarities in the things i was learning and what ippo was learning in the early part of the show.
canada man im not taking wing chun and the u of a. there is this baker i work with who is giving me private lessons. he's pretty cool! he learnt from wong shun leung in hong kong. and wong shun leung was bruce lee's main teacher
makapoochi
makapoochi

Back to top Go down

Post  Rekka Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:27 am

I saw my first Miyazaki films during a special marathon on Toonami called "The month of Miyazaki"

And outta all of them, my Number one favorite was Princess Mononoke, Not only was the anime awsome, but I LOVED Mononoke (at least, I'm guessing that was her name) She is probaly one of the few girls from that kinda styled anime that I actually liked. Not only that but it has an awsome story too. I also watched a bunch of his other films, but I missed the one about plants (at least I think it has something to do with plants) If someone could tell me the nam that would be great. Then about 8 months later, I stayed home from school sick, and then of all days, Howls moving castle was on cartoon network for who knows what reasons. So I watched that =D
Rekka
Rekka

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitsugi Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:07 am

The girl in Princess Mononoke's name was "San". In Japanese, a "Mononoke" is a vengeful spirit. I think you can probably make the connection there since hatred is the largest theme of the movie.

The movie about plants.....hmm....I've seen all the movies and the only one I can think of with "plants" is Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, because it has a "toxic jungle". Maybe that's it. If so, that's not a movie you want to miss.
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  Rekka Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:06 pm

Yeah, that was it =D Thanks, I should watch that soon
Rekka
Rekka

Back to top Go down

Post  makapoochi Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:22 pm

naasica has such a cool feel to it. i love all the creatures and just the whole landscape of the world.
this isnt an anime but have any of you guys ever seen fantastic planet? when i first watched naasica it reminded me of this movie.
makapoochi
makapoochi

Back to top Go down

Post  Kimiko Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:02 pm

Oh, FMA stands for Fullmetal Alchemist. probably my favorite anime of all time... Heh ^_^ It sounds like an incredible martial arts! you're lucky to have someone so skilled teaching you privately. I took tae-kwondo and krav from ATA (american taekwondo association) but i'm considering switching to MMA (mixed martial arts) to learn muay thai, judo, and all that good stuff. maybe I'll add wing chun to the list! I've never seen fantastic planet, but Nausicca is one of my all time favorites from Miyazaki, so maybe I'll give it a watch.
Kimiko
Kimiko

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadaMan Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:38 am

Haha, I've done time in ATA (two different schools to be precise), but since we're Canadian, we default to calling it WTTU. I've also done WTF-style TKD and am now learning boxing and jiu-jitsu to round things out. Judo however, is a great thing to learn.
And FMA is a great thing to watch.
CanadaMan
CanadaMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitsugi Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:51 am

My turn! I've taken Capoeira and I am in my 6th week of P90X. Smile

We are a physically fit community!
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadaMan Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:56 pm

Mitsugi ... you must take video of your Capoeira skills.
And if you have any doubts, P90X may seem silly, but goddamn does it work.
CanadaMan
CanadaMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitsugi Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:21 pm

I'm half way through my 6th week. I've definitely seen results already. I trimmed off a couple pounds, getting a 6 pack and a trimmed 70 seconds off my 5k run time, which is 23 mins 30 seconds(not awesome but pretty good).

I've been giving myself 1 cheat day a week because the eating is harder than the working out. My normal daily intake has been consisting of less than 10G of fat/day. Pretty crazy, but today was my cheat day and I had 20 hot wings as my cheat hehe. Woooooooo yummy! You really appreciate the tasty good food when you live off stir frys and turkey chili normally.

Also, I don't have any footage of myself doing Capoeira but I had to quit it due to a dual elbow injury which led to a rather dark year of my life but the P90X is part of my rehabilitation. Smile Now I can play piano and video games again so all is well.
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  bakuhasu Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:26 pm

Mitsugi wrote:I'm half way through my 6th week. I've definitely seen results already. I trimmed off a couple pounds, getting a 6 pack and a trimmed 70 seconds off my 5k run time, which is 23 mins 30 seconds(not awesome but pretty good).

I've been giving myself 1 cheat day a week because the eating is harder than the working out. My normal daily intake has been consisting of less than 10G of fat/day. Pretty crazy, but today was my cheat day and I had 20 hot wings as my cheat hehe. Woooooooo yummy! You really appreciate the tasty good food when you live off stir frys and turkey chili normally.

Also, I don't have any footage of myself doing Capoeira but I had to quit it due to a dual elbow injury which led to a rather dark year of my life but the P90X is part of my rehabilitation. Smile Now I can play piano and video games again so all is well.

That sounds great! WOW it seems nowadays everyone is working out.. Care to share in what I should start with? I'm not Overweight in fact I am pretty much underweight with me weighing in about a little over 100 lbs? So any suggestions in what I should start with. Tutorial Videos from youtube?
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitsugi Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:11 pm

How tall are you baku?

If you're serious, I would recommend you go on bittorrent and download the P90X program. It'll make you a beast. I was already in shape when I started but now I can do 1 armed push-ups like Goku after only 6 weeks of the program. P90X has a "fit-test" that assesses if you're capable of doing the program. If you aren't seriously though, and you want something laid back, I'd recommend you do a less intense program like Power90 or something. But then again, you never really get results from "laid back."

Get some whey protein mix also. It's basically essential. You'll build muscle like 3x as fast if you eat it everyday. Tastes good too.
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikhail Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:21 pm

does p90x really work Mitz. i mean ive tried lots of things. i mean ive never been a skinny kid ive allways been big i just want to lose a little weight and feel better about myself. when i was in 7th grade my dad got me on stacker's and i used them till mid high school i know thats screwed my body up a lot. i need something i can try and get into and not get discouraged. wha do you think mitz
Mikhail
Mikhail

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitsugi Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:29 pm

I just wanted to say, first of all, that the forum appearance atm is temporary rofl. We are updating the site as promised.

Mikhail, It took 70 seconds off my 5k run time in only 4 weeks. Also, I can definitely see results in muscle definition. The hard thing about P90X is that 1, you have to be able to dedicate at least 90 minutes a day for a workout + shower and the once a week Yoga workout is going to require 2 hrs. Also, the eating is brutal. The first month, you get only 1 serving of cards, and fruit a day, a 2 servings of dairy, a 5 of veges and 9 of protein. You also have to eat around 2,400 calories a day(this isn't a diet) in order to support the intense workouts. It has to be ONLY complex cards and ONLY lean meats(fish, turkey, skinless chicken) It gets easier after the first month, but all that boils is a very expensive diet, because its only perishable food, but because all you do is eat 0 fat foods and workout hard everyday, weight will fall off you like a beast and you'll notice a difference in 2 weeks. I'm starting to look cut after only 6 weeks and my eating hasn't been 100% perfect.

If all that sounds good to you then I recommend it. Just know that on the very first day of P90X, I did over 100 pull ups(some with a chair) and over 200 pushups.(about half on knees) It's hard. Just be ready to BRING IT!
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum