Anime Addicts Anonymous Podcast Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please Review Captain Tsubasa

2 posters

Go down

Please Review Captain Tsubasa Empty Please Review Captain Tsubasa

Post  jcncasval76 Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:56 pm

Of all the anime I have ever watched, there is only one anime series I have watched that has actually influenced my life more than anything else, and that would be the first soccer anime I watched: Captain Tsubasa. In fact, when I grew up back in the 1980s at Hong Kong, this anime influenced me into watching actual soccer match (whether the match is live on television or in person) and even wrote one of my diary in Chinese about a soccer match. Since I moved to the United States, I have a hard time finding soccer on television in the 1990s until I subscribed to cable television in 2004 and start watching the sport since. With that in mind, I ended up getting every DVD box set of incarnation of Captain Tsubasa series, from the original version back in 1983 to the latest version in 2001. After I've told you of this interesting back story, I hope you'll have the opportunity to review this show in the near future.
Thank you.

Sincerely,
Jeff Ng
San Francisco, CA
jcncasval76
jcncasval76

Back to top Go down

Please Review Captain Tsubasa Empty Re: Please Review Captain Tsubasa

Post  Mitsugi Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:41 pm

This is something I'd love to review because I LOVE sports anime. Favorite genre hands down.

Might take awhile because its 128 episodes but I'll give it a look see. I wonder if it'd be ok if I only did the first season? You just let me know.
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  jcncasval76 Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:55 pm

Mitsugi wrote:This is something I'd love to review because I LOVE sports anime. Favorite genre hands down.

Might take awhile because its 128 episodes but I'll give it a look see. I wonder if it'd be ok if I only did the first season? You just let me know.

no problem, but you'll have to review them in several shows, although I should also mention something with regards to this franchise, the first half of Captain Tsubasa J and the first 20 to 25 episodes of Captain Tsubasa: Road to 2002 are just re-imagining of the original series (although there are some new materials added in the meantime), the rest are new materials. In addition, there are also 5 movies from that series as well. BTW, this review would be extra welcoming since the 2010 World Cup in South Africa is coming in less than 4 months.
jcncasval76
jcncasval76

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitsugi Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:12 pm

Ok well I'll download the first season and give it a peep. I love older stuff. Miyazaki's Future Boy Conan is one of my favorite animes ever and it's just 5 years older the Tsubasa.

Future Boy Conan
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  jcncasval76 Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:20 pm

Mitsugi wrote:Ok well I'll download the first season and give it a peep. I love older stuff. Miyazaki's Future Boy Conan is one of my favorite animes ever and it's just 5 years older the Tsubasa.

Future Boy Conan

I remember watching Future Boy Conan when I was very young in Hong Kong, but that wasn't exactly as fun as Doraemon & Lupin the Third ...
jcncasval76
jcncasval76

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitsugi Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:05 am

That's for sure. Future Boy Conan is definitely more serious. It's got some dark tones to it.
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down