Anime Addicts Anonymous Podcast Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what will make 2010 stand out for gaming.

+3
CanadaMan
Mitsugi
elvenbladerogue
7 posters

Go down

what will make 2010 stand out for gaming. Empty what will make 2010 stand out for gaming.

Post  elvenbladerogue Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:58 am

i have come up with a list of games coming out and/or we hpoe to come out. please add more if i miss stuff.

1: Half-life 2 Ep 3
2: Opposing Force 2
3: Portal 2
4: Duke Nukem Forever
5: Mass Effect 2
6: World of warcraft Cataclysm
7: Starcraft 2
8: Diablo 3
9: Mirrors Edge 2
10: Battle Field 3
11: Final Fantasy 13
12: Final Fantasy 14 (MMORPG)

Mind you these are all either been said to come out this year, OR has been hinted for this year.

Noticed I have games from some of the top video game comps in the world on here. Valve, Blizzard, Dice, 3Drealms, Enix (i need to stab my self now)
elvenbladerogue
elvenbladerogue

Back to top Go down

what will make 2010 stand out for gaming. Empty Re: what will make 2010 stand out for gaming.

Post  Mitsugi Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:01 pm

There are a couple big ones that you're missing that I can think of off the top of my head.

1. Gran Turismo 5, the highest selling game franchise ever by total sales per title.
2. Dantes Inferno
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

what will make 2010 stand out for gaming. Empty Re: what will make 2010 stand out for gaming.

Post  CanadaMan Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:43 pm

elvenbladerogue wrote:5: Mass Effect 2

I would like to point out brag that I know two people who worked on Mass Effect in the BioWare offices in Edmonton. Because I lived there. In Edmonton, not in BioWare. Though that would be sweet.

Right now I'm trying to get myself - via another friend - in to the motion capture sessions with Fedor Emelianenko at the EA office in Burnaby. Because I live near there.

But to add to the list:

Halo: Reach
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
Lost Planet 2
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2

I also second Mitsugi's addition of GT5, GT5:P was awesome in its own right.
CanadaMan
CanadaMan

Back to top Go down

Post  elvenbladerogue Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:34 pm

Mitsugi wrote:There are a couple big ones that you're missing that I can think of off the top of my head.

1. Gran Turismo 5, the highest selling game franchise ever by total sales per title.
2. Dantes Inferno

I love the Grand Turismo Series! i won 2 - 4. Sadly my saved game for my 2nd one got earsed some how. and GT is one of those games that if you lost your saved info, chances are you will not want to re play that one game over again.
elvenbladerogue
elvenbladerogue

Back to top Go down

Post  Rekka Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:11 pm

Is the Force Unleashed 2 defenite? Also, I am Really looking forward to Birth By Sleep, The new professor layton games coming out this year, and hopefully any new games in the Phoenix Wright Franchise. These are small games though, compared to all others in 2010, but everyone already named all the huge titles =D
Rekka
Rekka

Back to top Go down

Post  Anarchy Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:13 pm

I hate Half-Life...
Mass Effect 1 & 2 were amazing.
AVP, Gears 3, Halo: Reach, and Definitely The new Layton game, and the Film!
Duke Nukem Forever and Diablo III have been hinted at like very year...
Anarchy
Anarchy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitsugi Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:24 pm

Just got Heavy Rain today. It's supposed to be incredible. I haven't started yet but we'll find out. I'll come back with my report!
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  elvenbladerogue Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:31 pm

Anarchy wrote:I hate Half-Life...

...*has a heart attack* you hate half-life? man i love half-life it's probly my all time favorite FPS of all times... *starts to recover* Why do you hate it? don't worry i'm not upset or anything, everyone has there reason to like or dislike anything even if i like it or not.

So why do you hate half-life?
elvenbladerogue
elvenbladerogue

Back to top Go down

Post  bakuhasu Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:08 pm

elvenbladerogue wrote:
Anarchy wrote:I hate Half-Life...

...*has a heart attack* you hate half-life? man i love half-life it's probly my all time favorite FPS of all times... *starts to recover* Why do you hate it? don't worry i'm not upset or anything, everyone has there reason to like or dislike anything even if i like it or not.

So why do you hate half-life?

@ Anarchy I would like to hear the reason behind your dissatisfaction with Half-Life
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadaMan Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:03 pm

Mitsugi wrote:Just got Heavy Rain today. It's supposed to be incredible. I haven't started yet but we'll find out. I'll come back with my report!

It's like the Sims! Or something ... let's just say there's a birthday party involved. And a drawing of a building.
CanadaMan
CanadaMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Anarchy Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:56 pm

Well it's not that I completely hate it .It has more to do with it being overrated(The 2nd one, I like the 1st one.) People more or less praise it as the "God" of all Video-Games.
Anarchy
Anarchy

Back to top Go down

Post  elvenbladerogue Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:12 pm

Anarchy wrote:Well it's not that I completely hate it .It has more to do with it being overrated(The 2nd one, I like the 1st one.) People more or less praise it as the "God" of all Video-Games.

Well i won't say it's god. but being overrated... sadly to tell you the truth your the first person i ever seen say that. Me personaly i love the whole half-life series. I never once heard it's over rated.

It's like taking world of warcraft saying it's over rated, or starcraft, or any top of the list game saying it's over rated.

Being valve not having any failed games, and half life being the game that put them on the map, and having every single game becoming game of the year. You can't really say half-life is over rated.

Same with Blizzard and there games, All of blizzards games (Diablo 1 and 2, starcraft, warcraft 1 2 3, and World of warcraft) are over rated but each game has been game on he years, and has won more tha just game of the year like valve games have.

Valve has done alot of ground breaking things. Half-life has done alot for FPS's.

I can understand not liking it if it's not your type of game. It's like me with Halo. I know Halo is a great game, it has a great story but for some reason i can not get into. Is halo over rated? i don't know. i don't play it because of that reason, i just can't get into it.

You gotta have a better reason than that imo. There has been so many thing consider over rated before. but only a hand full of people will say it is.

Half-life is a amazing game. Valve is great. I still can not see how it can be overrated. but hey who am I to say? eah there own.

Sorry i just find it strange hearing some one saying it's overrated when i never heard anyone say it before untill now.
elvenbladerogue
elvenbladerogue

Back to top Go down

Post  bakuhasu Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:06 am

Bayonetta
Splinter Cell Conviction <---- Looking good,Looking damn good..

Maybe the new Castlevania might come out this year too.
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

Post  elvenbladerogue Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:39 am

bakuhasu wrote:Bayonetta

haha indeed, we are getting Bayonetta next week, i can't wait i only played the demo and i was blowin away.

I am a pretty big fan of the castlevania series, i am looking forward to the new one. So far the first two months of 2010 for video gaming has been amazing.
elvenbladerogue
elvenbladerogue

Back to top Go down

Post  Grim Reaper Hei Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:55 am

bakuhasu wrote:Bayonetta

A friend of mine works on a mod team and they got hired to work on splinter cell conviction to do some minor gfx and random stuff I'm gonna buy it just for that reason and so i can see them in the credits lol. I've already seen the paycheque to prove it.

other 2010 games that look good
Bayonetta
God of War 3
Heavy Rain
Dantes Inferno
Bioshock 2
BlazBlue Continuum Shift (Maybe)
Star Ocean
and new prince of persia
Grim Reaper Hei
Grim Reaper Hei

http://myanimelist.net/profile/yellowflash09

Back to top Go down

Post  bakuhasu Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:31 am

currently addicted to Bioshock 2. Killing splicers and saving little sisters is soo fun...
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Anarchy Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:16 pm

bakuhasu wrote:currently addicted to Bioshock 2. Killing splicers and saving little sisters is soo fun...

Yea, Thinking about picking it up, how is the Online-multiplayer?
Anarchy
Anarchy

Back to top Go down

Post  bakuhasu Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:23 pm

Anarchy wrote:
bakuhasu wrote:currently addicted to Bioshock 2. Killing splicers and saving little sisters is soo fun...

Yea, Thinking about picking it up, how is the Online-multiplayer?

Haven't played it because I am not too big of a multiplayer guy.
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Rekka Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:38 pm

I think APB will be a revolutionary MMO, and Heavy rain is also really cool, despite the bugs, it was amazing, and I think it deserves to have a new genre made just for it, I think it just barely falls under mabey simulation. But that just dosn't seem right -_-
Rekka
Rekka

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down