Anime Addicts Anonymous Podcast Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not into Mecha? Why not?

+6
Mikhail
Chiaki
Lelouch Yagami
The Green Gentleman
CanadaMan
bakuhasu
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Not into Mecha? Why not? - Page 2 Empty Re: Not into Mecha? Why not?

Post  bakuhasu Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:42 pm

Rekka wrote:
Also, If I was to choose introductory mecha anime, I would most likely pick Code Geass, its just epic, but I can't say much because it sounds like you havn't watched it yet ^^

Finished Code Geass season one and R2 twice. Second run through was just because I want to know more about the world of C
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Rekka Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:50 pm

Ohh, ok. Still don't wanna spoil it for others ^^
Rekka
Rekka

Back to top Go down

Post  bakuhasu Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:52 am

@Rekka
bakuhasu wrote: Great anime it's in my top 5 anime of all time! But then again Code Geass does alot in terms of fanservice, a solid story, characters you actually care about, Mecha just looks o so f***kin awesome, and animation done really well. The whole thing with Geass is that it has an appeal to everybody.

Yeah I believe I said it in here already... If you're already paying attention....

*facepalm*
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Rekka Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:39 am

Crying or Very sad why are you picking on me...
Rekka
Rekka

Back to top Go down

Post  bakuhasu Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:49 am

Again talking with Mikhail earlier, the themes based around why I like the mecha genre is mainly because of the term "motivation". What makes a person (in this case in the middle of their teenage years) pilot a machine that only has one specific function, destroy the enemies suit or they will destroy you. If I put it in that way it's really hard to have that kind of mindset. The motivation theme is usually set in the original Mobile Suit Gundam where the main character out of nowhere finds himself in a situation piloting a death machine trying to combat the enemy that he didn't ask for. And ya know you can't blame him. Just wanted to add along what had come to my mind that is all.... for now.
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

Post  elvenbladerogue Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:25 am

my take on mecha anime. Much like Mikhail, and Canadaman, i too love the sci-fi aspect of things, (movies, games etc). However my take for mecha animes in general, i like mecha, but to me after watching Mad cross, gundam wing, and a few other, it's harder for myself to get into a mecha anime then anything else. Whenever i see a mecha anime or someone tell me i need to watch a mecha anime to me i feel like "ugh... i will come around to it one day"

I have nothing agenst mecha, just an over all general look at it, alot of it feels the same. alot of fans wants to see more robots fighting other robots and it just feels like mecha animes are alot more gear towards the mecha fights then the over all story.

Mecha is on the lower end of my anime list, i will still watch it but it's hard for me to do so. I like anime over all i can find any type of anime to be good some i like more than others, like i am really big into Magic Girl animes, or Action, or Dark animes, or Story driving, or over all Fantasy or Sci-Fi animes.
elvenbladerogue
elvenbladerogue

Back to top Go down

Post  Rekka Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:21 pm

Mecha is on the lower end of my anime list, i will still watch it but it's hard for me to do so. I like anime over all i can find any type of anime to be good some i like more than others, like i am really big into Magic Girl animes, or Action, or Dark animes, or Story driving, or over all Fantasy or Sci-Fi animes.

Thats pretty much how I feel, although I'm not as into Sci-Fi as you probaly are, but all else is pretty much true.

Edit: Also, I just saw that theres gonna be a season 3 for code geass, don't know if you guys knew that already, since I am usally very behind with huge announcements all the time I am assuming this time is no diffrent XD
Rekka
Rekka

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum