Anime Addicts Anonymous Podcast Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gunslinger Girl Review.

4 posters

Go down

Gunslinger Girl Review. Empty Gunslinger Girl Review.

Post  elvenbladerogue Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:04 pm

Gunslinger Girl Review.

Gunslinger Girl takes you into the world of 5 younger, Who are cybernetic enhanced Assassins for the Social Welfare Agency (often referred to as simply "the Agency").

Set in modern-day Italy, These 5 girls, Henriette, Rico, Triela Claes. And Angelica. Where saved by the the Agency. Each girl had to deal with some kinda of horrible event that put them all into the hospital. While in there, the Agency took them in, and give them Cybernetic parts.

Each girl has a "Handler" or also known as fratello (Italian term for "brother") Each fratello, Was picked to take care of one girl. Each fratello was allowed to name the girl whatever they wanted, Some kept to girl names, some chose different.

Each girl had to under go a processes called conditioning. The conditioning processes would help clean out there mind and make them into better assassins. With the conditioning, and the cybernetic part shorten each girls life span, and will also effect the mind and other things. Every time one of the girls becomes conditioned, They lose more of there life span.

The Agency is sponsored by the Italian government. While the Agency professes to aid the rehabilitation of the physically injured, it is actually a military organization specializing in counter-intelligence and counter-terrorism. It is composed of two independent branches: Public Safety, its surveillance and intelligence-gathering division, and Special Ops, the anti-terrorist division.

Every girl in the series has different combat skills. Each one uses certain kinda of Guns. Henriette uses the P90 SMG, While Triela uses a combat Shot gun.

When they are on a mission they are the perfect assassins, when they are not on a mission, they are your normal girl, playing with stuffed animals, playing a violin or just doing what normal girls do every day.

This anime is a really amazing.It's one of the best animes i have seen in a long time. This anime is more story driven than Action based. However it does have action and when you see the action it's worth it.

A lot of people will get drawn into the anime thinking it's going to be a High action gun shooting anime. This anime isn't all about that. A lot of poeple where very disappointed watching this anime.

If you are wanting to watch a anime that has alot of action, then this anime isn't for you. If your wanting to watch a anime with a amazing story then you should watch this one.

This is truly one of the best animes i have seen. Very under rated. Everyone still should give it a chance and watch it atlest once

Hope my review is good enough. Thought gunslinger girl needed a really good anime since i am pretty much in love with it lol
elvenbladerogue
elvenbladerogue

Back to top Go down

Gunslinger Girl Review. Empty GSG

Post  Mitsugi Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:41 pm

Gunslinger girl is a solid anime. I offered it up to our anime club at Rollins some years ago, though it didn't get chose. I just wish that the second GSG series was as good as the first.

Also, GSG has really great music.
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Gunslinger Girl Review. Empty Re: Gunslinger Girl Review.

Post  elvenbladerogue Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:37 pm

Mitsugi wrote:Gunslinger girl is a solid anime. I offered it up to our anime club at Rollins some years ago, though it didn't get chose. I just wish that the second GSG series was as good as the first.

Also, GSG has really great music.

yeah it's such a under rated anime. it saddens me a lot how under rated it truely is.

So was my review good? be honest. i dont know how well it is, since the last time i done a review i was about 18 years old.
elvenbladerogue
elvenbladerogue

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiaki Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:42 pm

I think the review was good, you did a good job of summarizing the anime, without ruining key plot points or running away with rampant spoilers. But at the same time you listed things you did and didn't like about the anime.

And, the song "Light before we land" which I think is the opening, is one of my favorites!
Chiaki
Chiaki

http://www.aaapodcast.com

Back to top Go down

Gunslinger Girl Review. Empty Agreed!

Post  Mitsugi Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:30 am

Elven, I thought that the review was very well done. Bravo!

You should write more reviews for us more often.
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  elvenbladerogue Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:19 pm

Mitsugi wrote:Elven, I thought that the review was very well done. Bravo!

You should write more reviews for us more often.

hehe thanks. glad you guys enjoyed it. Yeah next time i wont add in my likes and dislikes about it lol. But thank you again it was a fun review.
elvenbladerogue
elvenbladerogue

Back to top Go down

Gunslinger Girl Review. Empty Scored?

Post  Mitsugi Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:22 pm

I don't think you scored it did you?

What and what would you give it out of 5?
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  elvenbladerogue Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:52 pm

Ahh true but then again i didn't know your guy score system. i am use 1 - 10. but 5 is fine.

I give it 4.5

the reason why i give it a 4 the story at first will confuse you a bit, and it may or may not be what your looking for into an anime. but over all it's amazing
elvenbladerogue
elvenbladerogue

Back to top Go down

Gunslinger Girl Review. Empty Me too.

Post  Mitsugi Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:46 am

I would probably give the anime either a 3.5 or a 4 personally. I guess that's not too different than a 4.5.

Jolly good.
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  elvenbladerogue Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:09 pm

Mitsugi wrote:I would probably give the anime either a 3.5 or a 4 personally. I guess that's not too different than a 4.5.

Jolly good.

i was thinking between 4 or 4.5 since like i stated it's such a great anime. it has one of the best ending of any anime i have seen also. If it wasn't for the ending being so well it would scored a bit lower, That ending was so well done and was just amazing.

I wont tell anyone the ending you gotta watch it to find out.
elvenbladerogue
elvenbladerogue

Back to top Go down

Post  The Green Gentleman Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:26 am

Morning all, glad to see there's already a great review up on this show.Thought that I would throw in my 2 cents. My review will be much shorter than elven's indepth one, and I won't detail the plot, but please enjoy.

I just finished watching this for the first time (first series only), I have to say I was a little disappointed. It looked like the story would be great but in the end I felt that there was no proper resolution, and I didn't really notice a strong conflict. This is normally fine for Slice of Life type shows but this show took itself too seriously to be considered such. I liked the characters, as they were considerably likable, and I liked the sense of family throughout, but I felt that there wasn't enough plot and that it was only setting the scene for all 13 episodes.

I'm gonna break my 5 points down to give this a proper score here, so please bear with me:
Introduction: 2.5/3 The introduction is the basis of the entire story and it is undeniable that careful detail was given to introducing each character and providing sufficient backstory, however it was a bit too drawn out for an introduction.

Conflict&Resolution: 0.5/1 The conflict & resolution is again divided into main and sub-conflicts, each commanding 1/2 a point each. As I felt that there was no main conflict, half the points were not given, but each sub-conflict was decently resolved and well-structured, thus it recieves full marks for its subplots

Idea: 1/1 The idea should probably deserve more points in the count, as it is the basis of the entire anime, but this is all I had left so I'll have to cope. The idea was stunning, cyborg-like girls trying to deal with the turmoil of being killers. Ingenious.

So overall 4/5, hopefully the second season would be able to resolve some of these issues for me.

*IMMEDIATE EDIT* Hm, in retrospect, for all my knocking it I couldn't help but give it a good score. I did like it, so you know my position clearly. */EDIT*

Last edited by The Green Gentleman on Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot something)
The Green Gentleman
The Green Gentleman

https://www.facebook.com/the.green.gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post  elvenbladerogue Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:16 pm

thats cool, everyone has there own reasons why they liked it or didn't like it. i just feel like most people who does watch this anime doesn't grasp the full understanding of it.

like my review i said i went pretty indepth with it. However there is more to it. The anime over all is more so about the 5 little girls rather than the agency or over all Terrorist plot.

with the ending being the way it is, and if you take it into the little girls aspect of the story, the Ending went very well with the whole story, and the end as a whole wasn't disapointing to me since i looked at it differently than most people.

The thing about this anime is, You gotta look at it from all points of views from the little girls, to there handlers, to the terrorist. Also look at it as a personal way, and a Professional way at time when you watch it.

Not many understands the fully story behind gunslinger girl, Not saying anyone here does or doesn't it's just like how Cowboy bebop, Everyone loves cowboy bebop, However not many understand the indepth story to it. Thats how gunslinger girl is.

Overall Gunslinger girl the reason why it didn't do so well was the over all nameof the anime and with a title called Gunslinger girl it gave alot of hope to people on how it going to be an action anime. however it's more story indepth rather than action.

The reason why cowboy bebop did alot better than gunslinger girl, It had alot more action and as a General look, people rather have action over story, at the same time it still had a pretty deep story to it.

Now if gunslinger girl had more action it would of done alot better overall for the General public, Since not many people wants to watch an anime now thats more story driven than action. So poeple tend not to see or understand the whole over all story of gunslinger girl for this reason. If you are able to fully grasp the story you would beable to enjoy it more as a whole.

as a General look at it I would have to say it's a 3 out of 5, but as what i see it as i give it around 4 - 4.5

everyone sees things different from each other. but it's still pretty cool to see other fans of the anime on the forum, i know i really enjoyed it alot.
elvenbladerogue
elvenbladerogue

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down