Anime Addicts Anonymous Podcast Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wassup everyone?

+4
Mitsugi
bakuhasu
The Green Gentleman
Yordy
8 posters

Go down

Wassup everyone? Empty Wassup everyone?

Post  Yordy Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:16 am

Hey Everyone,

My name is Yordy, 27 and from the Netherlands (You know, with the weed and the tulips and stuff. Or at least, that's the popular misconception.).

I actually just found out about the podcast through GunDamn! where you made a guest appearance, and now I feel compelled to attend the therapy sessions.

My anime history goes back to about 7 years ago, when I really started to get into it with Evangelion, Akira and more of those standard "first-timer" anime. I started to kind of buy most of the anime that was available in the Netherlands (which wasn't much, sadly), but now that I have money and a creditcard, I can afford to be a little pickier and buy the stuff I like online. :-)

The anime I like are mostly anime of the "grown-up" variety, which have a good story and are not the kiddy, moei junk that comes out everywhere nowadays. Some titles include Elfen Lied, Gunslinger Girl, Evangelion, Samurai X, Death Note etc.

Besides anime, I'm into the whole Japanese culture, and visited Japan in the beginning of this year, and will be going again next year to sip some more sake under the sakura. I also try to study a little Japanese, but sadly don't have the time to dedicate to this as much as I would like.

Nice to meet y'all!

Grtz,

Yordy
Yordy
Yordy

Back to top Go down

Wassup everyone? Empty Re: Wassup everyone?

Post  The Green Gentleman Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:21 am

From one Newbie to another, I welcome you! Enjoy the forums, they seem interesting.
The Green Gentleman
The Green Gentleman

https://www.facebook.com/the.green.gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post  bakuhasu Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:33 am

Hey Yordy I welcome you despite you're the Millionth Gundamn! listener that join our forum. Great list of adult anime, but I have to disagree with you on the "Moe" genre and call it trash.... Well most of it is trash and usually had no story at all but there are a few exceptions. One for once is Clannad/ After Story or any of the Key Franchise. Another could be the 07th Expansion series such as Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni and Umineko no Naku Koro Ni. I am dissapointed with this year's anime lineup of just plain moe anime but.... anyways going a lil off topic but I look forward towards your posts!
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitsugi Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:23 am

Welcome Yordy! I must say that your taste in anime is quite good, Samurai X of course being one of the greatest anime ever. Thanks for dropping by! Hope to hear from you! Feel free to stop by the request section and place one if you'd like!
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadaMan Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:14 am

Welcome to the A.A.A. forums Yordy! I must admit, I've never heard about weed and tulips being a stereotype for the Netherlands.
CanadaMan
CanadaMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikhail Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:33 pm

Welcome to the forums Yordy. look forward to seeing you around.
Mikhail
Mikhail

Back to top Go down

Post  FinalFan2009 Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:02 pm

yeah! Death Note is awesome
FinalFan2009
FinalFan2009

https://www.youtube.com/statxltd

Back to top Go down

Post  Yordy Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:03 am

Thanks for the replies everyone!

I do agree with you Bakuhasu, not all Moe is by definition trash (higurashi being a good example) but unfortunately most of it is. But then again, story is always more important than anything else for me, so if it's Moe with a good story, that'll work :-)
Yordy
Yordy

Back to top Go down

Post  Kimiko Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:17 pm

Thanks for joining us, Yordy! Welcome to the AAA ^_^ Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks Moe isn't hemorrhage worthy ALL the time lol!
Kimiko
Kimiko

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum