Anime Addicts Anonymous Podcast Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My friend is stupid

+5
Leader
bakuhasu
Mitsugi
Chiaki
elvenbladerogue
9 posters

Go down

My friend is stupid Empty My friend is stupid

Post  elvenbladerogue Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:09 pm

Well frist i want to say it, like the topic Kincaid Nau posted, Now i have my own thing to rent about with my stupid friend.

I was telling my friend to check out the anime Last Exile. I like this anime, i know it's not everyone kinda of anime, and i understand how someone may not want to watch it.

So i told my friend about it, i told him to check it out it's a pretty cool anime. so 2 days later (which is today) i asked him if he watched it yet, and he goes Nope, i don't like the Art style of the anime. So he doesn't want to watch it now since it's not his kind of art style.

I am telling him you know thats kinda of BS if your going to judge an anime off how it looks. THEN he goes on the record ti say it was his graphic card in his computer that made it look whatever way it did.

I told him a Graphic card can not effect a pre-set art style in a video, it can make it run smoother, or slow it down and make it choppy, There is no way you can turn up or down the Art work of an anime when watching a video, It's not like when you play a game you can turn it up or down. All you can really do to a video is make it lighter or darker.

He is also saying how the "World of warcraft forums are telling him how the graphics card will do that to videos" sadly he is also a real life friend of mine. i don't why he wants to keep saying this. it's kinda of annoying he is putting so much effort into not watching it over the art style of it.
elvenbladerogue
elvenbladerogue

Back to top Go down

My friend is stupid Empty Re: My friend is stupid

Post  Chiaki Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:49 pm

Well, graphics cards CAN do a lot, I agree, slow down, fine details, choppy, ect... It's not going ot make Range Murata (who I love) look like Yoshitaka Amano (who I also love).

I've had a smilar problem before, I really wanted to watch an anime called Gankutsuou in my anime club, but everyone voted to nix it three episodes in because they said the animation style gave them a headache.

But, to play both sides, I can also see and have been part of the other half of the arguement. Animation style is a factor. Animation IS art. I don't think anyone can argue that. Sure, there's just some that's classic, amazing work, like Ghibli or perhaps as a counter part DaVinci (yeah, I just compared Miyazaki and Davinci) but you all get the point. Now, some anime attempts to take a more stylized approach, for whatever the reason, like Gankutsuou. It's like Dhali, I personally like him, some tilt their heads, go "huh?" and then quickly leave the museum.

If art wasn't important to anime it'd just be... well, a book.

I get what you're saying, and I agree, I think people should at least give things a chance. Not to mention, Last Exile is pretty demure as far as styles... It's definately Range Murata's style, but it's not super cutsey or trippy like Gankutsuou.
Chiaki
Chiaki

http://www.aaapodcast.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitsugi Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:39 pm

Go tell that stupid friend of yours to go watch Pico to Chico. He'll never be the same again. Tell him that Bakuhasu sent you. rofl!
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  elvenbladerogue Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:41 pm

Mitsugi wrote:Go tell that stupid friend of yours to go watch Pico to Chico. He'll never be the same again. Tell him that Bakuhasu sent you. rofl!

lmao
elvenbladerogue
elvenbladerogue

Back to top Go down

Post  bakuhasu Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:50 pm

Mitsugi wrote:Go tell that stupid friend of yours to go watch Pico to Chico. He'll never be the same again. Tell him that Bakuhasu sent you. rofl!

What is this about me?

@Chiaki:Just going a little side post but here in the sf there is a whole museum in Japantown dedicated to Yoshitaka Amano's art. Thing is that I just noticed it.
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiaki Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:54 pm

bakuhasu wrote:

What is this about me?

@Chiaki:Just going a little side post but here in the sf there is a whole museum in Japantown dedicated to Yoshitaka Amano's art. Thing is that I just noticed it.

..... o.0 MUUUUST GO!!
Chiaki
Chiaki

Back to top Go down

Post  Leader Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:31 pm

Holy spahgetti and meatballs, batman! Chiaki got a new profile picture... Yes... Its sad that my life is so boring that an insignificant event such as a picture is big news... I actually have a life. I think. Oh yeah! I left it at school. Danget!
Leader
Leader

http://rrfdp.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiaki Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:10 am

Leader wrote:Holy spahgetti and meatballs, batman! Chiaki got a new profile picture... Yes... Its sad that my life is so boring that an insignificant event such as a picture is big news... I actually have a life. I think. Oh yeah! I left it at school. Danget!

That was my halloween costume/cosplay Very Happy

That's my second favorite picture of the costume. My first favorite picture is posted in the Cosplay section.

I'm glad you noticed!! I was really proud of that costume to be honest... Embarassed I had to hand stitch all of it, I didn't have a machiene. I made everything too (including the hat), asside from the shoes...
Chiaki
Chiaki

Back to top Go down

Post  Kincaid Nau Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:51 pm

By the way, thanks for the plug for my ridiculously insane rant. Anyhow, art style is only one aspect of a show. I'm not sure if it should be a deal breaker or not. First impressions on how it looks really play a big role here. Its similar to lineart of mech designs. When I first saw the design for the Turn A Gundam, I thought it was one of the most ridiculous MS designs I ever saw, even worse than the one with the windmill on it. However, I really start to dig it after watching the first 3 episodes of the show. People shouldn't be turned off just because the design isn't initially pleasing. They could really miss out on a great show.

If he thinks that the video card is affecting the art of the show, he needs to get his eyes and checked. Just because his WOW buddies said so without confirming it himself, he needs to be tossed in a volcano. Not trying it for himself simply lacks common sense or rather empirical proof. Oh well. Just know that you enjoyed the show and he missed out because of his initial impressions. You got one more notch over your belt that he doesn't have. Nice! Take it easy!
Kincaid Nau
Kincaid Nau

Back to top Go down

Post  Dark Lord Xabrin Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:51 pm

Seriously why wouldn't you have a nvidia geforce graphics card anyway. A computer's processing speed is made to be something to handle all its hardware and potential software. Just get a computer with that graphics card and you'll be set.

Lag? Whats that? lol
Dark Lord Xabrin
Dark Lord Xabrin

http://www.xfire.com/communities/statx/

Back to top Go down

Post  PnKnG Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:38 am

elvenbladerogue wrote:Well frist i want to say it, like the topic Kincaid Nau posted, Now i have my own thing to rent about with my stupid friend.

I was telling my friend to check out the anime Last Exile. I like this anime, i know it's not everyone kinda of anime, and i understand how someone may not want to watch it.

So i told my friend about it, i told him to check it out it's a pretty cool anime. so 2 days later (which is today) i asked him if he watched it yet, and he goes Nope, i don't like the Art style of the anime. So he doesn't want to watch it now since it's not his kind of art style.

I am telling him you know thats kinda of BS if your going to judge an anime off how it looks. THEN he goes on the record ti say it was his graphic card in his computer that made it look whatever way it did.

I told him a Graphic card can not effect a pre-set art style in a video, it can make it run smoother, or slow it down and make it choppy, There is no way you can turn up or down the Art work of an anime when watching a video, It's not like when you play a game you can turn it up or down. All you can really do to a video is make it lighter or darker.

He is also saying how the "World of warcraft forums are telling him how the graphics card will do that to videos" sadly he is also a real life friend of mine. i don't why he wants to keep saying this. it's kinda of annoying he is putting so much effort into not watching it over the art style of it.

There is your problem Laughing

But to be on topic.
Yes Art can be a point which makes you decide to either watch it or not but he should still give it a chance with the first couple of episodes before he decides.
PnKnG
PnKnG

Back to top Go down

My friend is stupid Empty Hmm..

Post  Anarchy Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:39 pm

I suppose I see what he means, the art-style of an anime could kill it, but at the same time Last Exile has a good art-style, not my favorite either, but its true.
Anarchy
Anarchy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down