Anime Addicts Anonymous Podcast Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No; Eric isn't my name. I'm just breaking it in for a freind.

+2
bakuhasu
Eric
6 posters

Go down

No; Eric isn't my name. I'm just breaking it in for a freind. Empty No; Eric isn't my name. I'm just breaking it in for a freind.

Post  Eric Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:21 pm

Hello, my name is Eric (so much for the anonymous thing). Smile

I'm a fan of sci-fi & shonen anime for the most part. Some favorites include Eva, Cowboy Bebop, 08th MS Team, Ghost In The Shell, & Macross: DYRL. When I was a kid, I got turned onto anime before I even knew the existence of the word, thanks to three americanized shows: Tranzor-Z (aka Mazinger-Z), Spacekateers (aka Starzinger) & Robotech (Macross). I later rediscovered anime via my college's anime club, and have been a casual fan ever since.

Oh, and the Gundamn! podcast introduced me to the aaa podcast & forum. I'm looking forward to following both.

-Eric
Eric
Eric

Back to top Go down

No; Eric isn't my name. I'm just breaking it in for a freind. Empty Re: No; Eric isn't my name. I'm just breaking it in for a freind.

Post  bakuhasu Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:46 pm

Hey Eric welcome to the forums!!!! Good to have a retro anime viewer on the forums and more importantly another Gundamn! podcast listener too! Again welcome and looking forward to your posts!
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

No; Eric isn't my name. I'm just breaking it in for a freind. Empty Re: No; Eric isn't my name. I'm just breaking it in for a freind.

Post  Mikhail Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:24 am

Welcome to the forums Eric our numbers are going up YAY!!! good to see you here see you around the forums.
Mikhail
Mikhail

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitsugi Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:33 am

Welcome to the forums Eric! Hope to see you around for some fun conversation!
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadaMan Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:48 pm

Welcome to the A.A.A. forums Eric!

I swear I must be the only person who didn't attend an anime club during school.
CanadaMan
CanadaMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Eric Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:59 pm

Thanks for the welcome, folks. Smile

CanadaMan wrote:
I swear I must be the only person who didn't attend an anime club during school.

I gotta say; the club at my college was pretty cool. It exposed me to some shows I would never have heard of otherwise. Plus, there's nothing cooler than hanging out with 50+ fellow fans & enjoying anime in a movie-theater type setting.
Eric
Eric

Back to top Go down

Post  bakuhasu Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:12 pm

CanadaMan wrote:Welcome to the A.A.A. forums Eric!

You're not alone, because I didn't attend to any anime clubs in my school. (not that it IS mandatory in joining this forum)
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

Post  FinalFan2009 Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:07 pm

CanadaMan wrote:Welcome to the A.A.A. forums Eric!

im about to go to college next year and im hoping there is an anime club there
FinalFan2009
FinalFan2009

https://www.youtube.com/statxltd

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadaMan Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:12 pm

On the plus side, I am now in a position to borrow a lot of anime from my friends that I haven't seen, which will be influenced solely by them.
CanadaMan
CanadaMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Eric Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:20 pm

CanadaMan wrote:On the plus side, I am now in a position to borrow a lot of anime from my friends that I haven't seen, which will be influenced solely by them.

That's cool; It's good to have connections to help you separate the shows that are worth watching from the 'not-so-good' shows. And as much as I enjoyed my anime club, I don't think clubs are as essential as they once were. Fans no longer have to rely on copies of copies of shows made by someone who knows someone who lives in Japan- we now have access to new unlicensed shows via the internet. The social aspect of the clubs is still something I miss though. Fortunately, I still have conventions to interact with other fans & watch shows in a group setting. Smile
Eric
Eric

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitsugi Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:02 am

That's for sure. Ahhh the lifecycles of the anime viewer.

Stage 1: Watching anime on TV as a kid
Stage 2: Discovering that it's on DVD at the mall.
Stage 3: Renting from netflix and making the dvds. ^.^
Stage 4: Discovering that DVDs suck and milking the hell out of torrents. Rofl

You'll notice that from stage 1 until 4, you gradually spend less and less money yet you end up seeing more and more. A direct negative correlation indeed.
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadaMan Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:03 pm

Mitsugi wrote:That's for sure. Ahhh the lifecycles of the anime viewer.

You'll notice that from stage 1 until 4, you gradually spend less and less money yet you end up seeing more and more. A direct negative correlation indeed.

Cut out Stage 3 for Canadian Residents. We go from Stage 2 to Stage 4
CanadaMan
CanadaMan

Back to top Go down

Post  FinalFan2009 Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:20 am

hahaha thats so true thats basically me right there
FinalFan2009
FinalFan2009

https://www.youtube.com/statxltd

Back to top Go down

Post  bakuhasu Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:27 am

CanadaMan wrote:

Cut out Stage 3 for Canadian Residents. We go from Stage 2 to Stage 4

Not Only for you Canadaman Me TOO!!!
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadaMan Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:08 pm

You don't get Netflix in California?
CanadaMan
CanadaMan

Back to top Go down

Post  bakuhasu Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:04 pm

No I don't and as affordable it is,I started torrenting anime and will do so in the future (I think).
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum