Anime Addicts Anonymous Podcast Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GUNDAM UNICORN

+9
Anarchy
Grim Reaper Hei
Saber
CanadaMan
Charthinius
Mitsugi
Mikhail
Chiaki
bakuhasu
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

GUNDAM UNICORN - Page 2 Empty Re: GUNDAM UNICORN

Post  Mikhail Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:04 pm

bakuhasu wrote:
Anarchy wrote:
Chiaki wrote:Okay that looks pretty good, CG in anime was like, MADE for Gundam/mech animes. I still think the "unicorn" part looks a bit silly... but hey it's just me. Razz

Agreed, I like Gundam 00 more. But it's by far, better than Seed.[i][u]

Well you can't really compare between the 2 yet, just because this 1st episode only. Not to mention you need to have a significant ground in the world of UC.

Besides the fact that you cant acurately compare a 6 episode OVA and a 50 episode series. they just arent on the same level im not saying you cant like them equally but production wise they are done very differantly and with very differant budgets.
Mikhail
Mikhail

Back to top Go down

Post  Jrow Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:07 pm

Well, it's really tough for me to gauge if Unicorn will be good or not because episode 1 was so trite as far as Gundam goes. The animation is stunning, which is the best thing going for Unicorn. However, the formula for first episodes of Gundam series really needs to change. We get it, there's an awesome Gundam waiting to wake from its slumber. Can we have something else as a cliffhanger please? Surely, there's other forms of robot conflict that could close an episode just as interestingly.

Talking about this with friends, we were kind of surprised by Banagher's kung-fu like moves he pulled in one of the scenes. We've seen Gundam pilots fight before, but never with the style and swiftness Banagher had.

I originally purchased the Blu-Ray for this, but after watching, I cancelled the order and put my money elsewhere. I'll have to see all 6 to be wowed by UC. (which my Gundamologist is telling me that Ep. 2 is coming out in the Fall)
Jrow
Jrow

Back to top Go down

Post  bakuhasu Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:20 pm

Jrow wrote: However, the formula for first episodes of Gundam series really needs to change. We get it, there's an awesome Gundam waiting to wake from its slumber. Can we have something else as a cliffhanger please?

Well that's how Sunrise's way of doing things they did it with Seed the 1st episode of Season 2 of 00. It's not the director's fault in doing so but more of a marketing habit to show off the central marketing focus which is the Gundam in any awesome way possible.
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Jrow Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:29 pm

bakuhasu wrote:
Jrow wrote: However, the formula for first episodes of Gundam series really needs to change. We get it, there's an awesome Gundam waiting to wake from its slumber. Can we have something else as a cliffhanger please?

Well that's how Sunrise's way of doing things they did it with Seed the 1st episode of Season 2 of 00. It's not the director's fault in doing so but more of a marketing habit to show off the central marketing focus which is the Gundam in any awesome way possible.

True. I mentioned my Gundamology Professor earlier; he was very pleased with the first episode, and that's what Sunrise goal was, to please the hardcore Gundam fan. Speaking for myself as a casual anime fan that doesn't really seek out mecha anime (though I've seen plenty of Gundam series), I just find the reveal of Gundam to be less and less exciting with each new series.
Jrow
Jrow

Back to top Go down

Post  CanadaMan Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:09 pm

Well look at it this way, Episode 01 may have continued the "father worked on the Gundam" trope, but it also broke the "keys in the ignition" trope.
CanadaMan
CanadaMan

Back to top Go down

Post  TheSuspiciousRedLamp Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:29 pm

I'll make it quick. Awesome start... period... It is by far the greatest first episode of a Gundam OVA. It just... blows you away... it's fantastic.
Unfortunately, second episode release?: Autumn!!
TheSuspiciousRedLamp
TheSuspiciousRedLamp

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Duskrados

Back to top Go down

Post  makapoochi Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:07 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lh27_ux8qs&feature=player_embedded

hey guys found this really detailed gundam unicorn cosplay on youtube. im sure you'll be impressed
makapoochi
makapoochi

https://www.youtube.com/jairusbilo

Back to top Go down

Post  TheSuspiciousRedLamp Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:21 am

YOU TRICKED US YOU BASTARD!! XD
TheSuspiciousRedLamp
TheSuspiciousRedLamp

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Duskrados

Back to top Go down