Anime Addicts Anonymous Podcast Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help me pick a Cosplay

4 posters

Go down

Help me pick a Cosplay Empty Help me pick a Cosplay

Post  Chiaki Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:17 am

So I'm in Japan, as you all know, and my College is having an anime-themed costume contest for Halloween.

Naturally, I left all my cosplay at home Sad So I'm going to make one here.

Now, Here's where you come in: Help me pick my costume!

I'm fairly tall, so characters who need to be tiny won't work. I'm not stick skinny either, I'm not heavy though so I can pull off thin costumes, but let's just say Rikku from FFX would work, but Rikku from FFX-2 wouldn't. I have blonde hair, I can wear it curley or straight, it goes down a few inches below my shoulders (hair color is important because I don't have the cash for a wig). I have blue eyes, though eye color I've always considered a "bonus" when it comes to these things.

The costume cannot be too difficult, being beyond my home I don't have access to my normal spread of sewing tools. I also only have about two weeks. So long billowing skirts with large amounts of detail are out.

Video Game Characters are Okay with me!

Since we're all anime addicts I wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions for me!

Here's some things I was thinking of, so maybe suggest your own and then give your preference for one of these, or something someone else has suggested.

Rena (with the white hat so I can tuck up my hair) from Higurashi
Nia (younger Nia) from Gurren Lagann
Misa Amane from Death Note (I was thinking of doing the one where she's locked up in the straight-jacket)
Wind Waker Princess Zelda

Thank you everyone!
Chiaki
Chiaki

http://www.aaapodcast.com

Back to top Go down

Help me pick a Cosplay Empty Re: Help me pick a Cosplay

Post  Lelouch Yagami Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:21 pm

well nia would be cool umm heres some ones:

chi (chobits)

C.C.(Code Geass)

Lulu (FFX)

The girl from FF 13

Shirogane (Monochrome Factor)(I know its a guy but i see an equal amount of guy and girl shirogane cosplayers)

Seras Victoria

aegis(persona 3)

Miku(Vocaloid)

ai(hell girl)

and ill get back to you when ever i think of more
Lelouch Yagami
Lelouch Yagami

Back to top Go down

Post  lamperouge98 Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:18 pm

I saw C.C. mentioned and if she doesn't float your boat, try Amber form Darker than BLACK. I think they're almost the same character anyway. haha.
lamperouge98
lamperouge98

Back to top Go down

Post  TheMagnificentOne Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:27 pm

The Princess Zelda idea is interesting and flamboyant, so if you're looking to get a lot of attention, that would be a good bet. Probably gonna cost you though, if you want to do it good.

I like the Chi suggestion. Since the main thing you would need to pull it off would be the ear/connector storage doohickeys, you could actually stop with just those if money or time is tight and still be recognizable.

I think you are suppose to be a Cowboy Bebop fan, right, so I am suggesting, Julia.
TheMagnificentOne
TheMagnificentOne

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down