Anime Addicts Anonymous Podcast Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni

2 posters

Go down

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Empty Umineko no Naku Koro ni

Post  bakuhasu Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:41 pm

Just finished the last episode from the first season ( yeah you heard me) of Umineko no Naku Koro Ni. Saying that cicadas is definitely a superior story than seagulls. Without going into spoilers I felt this first season of the second series of Ryukishi 07 (Also known as 07th Expansion) was a bit of a letdown. No not that this anime is really bad or really good it's just the amount of plotholes that they have in the series. I think that amount was indeed intentional but I also feel that this has blinded me in caring for the character arcs just to find out what the "truth" this anime really unravels. Not to mention that this anime really try to emulate that Phoneix Wright feel with fingers pointing here and there. Though subtle I feel like the second series of this series is going to reveal this BIG TRUTH with A HUGE TWIST leaving audiences like me feeling the epiphany when watching the second season of Higurashi. I believe that this method of story telling is solid( I mean it worked for Higurashi right?). I believe like Higurashi, they're going all out on the second season with no plotholes behind.

So yeah guys seen Umineko? Do you think that this anime is far superior than Higurashi? post em up!!!!
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Empty Re: Umineko no Naku Koro ni

Post  Mitsugi Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:06 am

I am on episode 24 of this series. I'll probably finish it in a couple hours. Even though Higurashi's second season is essentially the pivotal portion of the story, the first season was still solid. Umineko has this convoluted storytelling style and to be quite honest, I don't even know what they are trying to accomplish with it. Like higurashi, everybody has been killed so many times and the plot just seems to meander aimlessly. I don't find it very impressive and quite frankly, am a bit disappointed that there is a second season because I don't want to watch it, haha. We should all be saving out efforts and time on other things.

So to answer your question, where as Higurashi has one of the most well constructed storylines I have ever seen, Umineko doesn't even remotely come close to Higurashi. If Higurashi's story was adapted for American audiences and slapped on prime-time on ABC, it would be a potential hit, the same way Lost, Heros and all those other TV dramas have been.
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum