Anime Addicts Anonymous Podcast Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shows Deserving of Impression or Review

+9
AtomskThePirateKing
lamperouge98
CanadaMan
valmydearr
dark_lord_killua
Lelouch Yagami
Mitsugi
Chiaki
Ryani
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Shows Deserving of Impression or Review Empty Shows Deserving of Impression or Review

Post  Ryani Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:40 pm

(I posted this in the wrong place, now it is moved. Sorry.)

First, three recent shows, one which has just finished its run, and two which have just started theirs:

First and foremost, Eden of the East. This just got licensed, so I fully intend to buy it as soon as I can, but I want to know if the trailer and the opening and ending sequences are indicators of a solid spy show with a great deal of depth and heart behind it, or just false advertising.

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

Well, first of all, it's studio BONES, which is pretty well known for not making bad things (Though I don't care for Soul Eater, personally), but in general I'd like to know what this is like. Is it realistic? How is the writing?

Bakemonogatari
:

This is supposed to be a very intelligent dialog driven show with great writing and a lot of wordplay. Also, the trailer shows a girl threatening a guy with a stapler. Awesome.

Also, some miscellaneous shows I have not seen but would like to see reviewed:

Spice and Wolf
Monster
Ghost Hound
Casshern SINS
Rental Magica

The reasoning behind the previous shows is that I would like to know if any of the above are worth purchase.

I'd also like to see you guys review Bokurano and Daughter of Twenty Faces, which are both shows that I desperately, desperately want to see. (I've seen a few of the latter, back when I watched subs, and it really was amazing and fun.)

Shows I have seen that I feel should be reviewed because they deserve it:

Welcome to the NHK: This is such an intense show that I'm almost wondering if any of you could handle it. It's emotional brutality is on par with Evangelion, except that Evangelion takes place in an alternate history and involves giant robots. Welcome to the NHK is about reality.

Gunbuster and Diebuster: Honestly, these are the top of the heap in terms of mecha anime. They're each only six episodes long, so you don't have much of an excuse for not watching them. I'd watch Gunbuster first, as Diebuster packs more of a punch that way. (I assume you haven't, because both are kind of obscure in America.)

Kamichu!
: This is probably the ultimate magical slice of life. It is charming and adorable and really, really pretty, but it also has melancholy undertones to it, as it is very much about the fleeting quality of youth. It's set in a small Japanese town in the 1980s.

Baccano!: I already know at least one of you likes it, and it needs the love.

Princess Tutu: Princess Tutu deserves to be reviewed and seen and known by everyone. That is all.

Edit:

Ah-ha! I see that you already have reviewed Eden of the East and plan to do an impression of Tokyo Magnitude 8.0. Awesome.

Last edited by Ryani on Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Ryani
Ryani

Back to top Go down

Shows Deserving of Impression or Review Empty Re: Shows Deserving of Impression or Review

Post  Chiaki Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:08 pm

Yay! Suggestions! Thank you!

---I wrote this before noticing your edit... and I'm too lazy to delite it Very Happy .... ---
Okay, so we've already reviewed Eden of the East in the second session it got a 4/5 and for more notes about the show refer to that session.

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 is getting an impression on the next podcast, not to spoil what we'll say but watch it, trust me.
-------------------------------

We covered an impression of Spice and Wolf, the second season, in our second episode, where we mentioned the first season a bit but we can definately give the first season a full review. But, if you're looking for a quick fix on it before we get to it check that out.

I know one of us has seen Monster, so we got you covered on that too. We watched Baccano! in our anime club a year or so back so I know we got you on that. And I personally, would LOVE to do a review on Princess Tutu, so thank you for suggesting it!

I'm not sure if any of us have seen Welcome to the NHK... We'll look into it if not...

We'll have to look into the rest of them, since I don't think any of us has seen them, someone correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks for the suggestions!
Chiaki
Chiaki

http://www.aaapodcast.com

Back to top Go down

Shows Deserving of Impression or Review Empty Re: Shows Deserving of Impression or Review

Post  Ryani Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:18 am

I think what you said in your impression of the second season of Spice and Wolf (which I hadn't heard when I posted that) actually really gave me the information that I needed. I was hoping for historical slice-of-life with an over-arcing romance and a steady dose of economics, and it looks like that's what I get, so I'm elated, though if you feel like a full review is a good idea, it would be awesome, but if not, your impression was definitely sufficient.

Awesome, I'm glad that those three are doable! I really would love to hear you guys review any of these three(particularly Monster because I have not seen it, but Baccano! and Princess Tutu deserve it, really really do.)

If nobody here has seen Welcome to the NHK, just let me say that it's worth it, even though it can be very brutal and very uncompromising at times. Still, it is ultimately an optimistic show at heart.
Ryani
Ryani

Back to top Go down

Shows Deserving of Impression or Review Empty Wakarimashita!

Post  Mitsugi Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:36 pm

Ryani, I have seen almost half the anime anime you requested. I will get on some of the others and we'll try to toss those in the sessions as they come. So I'll get to watching the ones that I haven't seen!

I was hoping for historical slice-of-life with an over-arcing romance and a steady dose of economics

This is really funny...how can you be searching for something so specific. Normally when I am in the mood for an anime, I'm not thinking economics. <.< heh heh.

I have writted your requests and am now on a mission!
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryani Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:53 pm

Well, okay. "Historical slice of life with an overarcing romance" is a general conglomeration of interests. The economics bit was my specific expectation for the show, having heard the premise(I was hoping that the spice trading would tie into the plot, rather just being part of the setting.)

Awesome, Mitsugi, and thank you so much! The ones I've mentioned that I've seen are all really good, though I'm of course not sure about the ones I haven't. I hope they're enjoyable, though, so it isn't painful for you!

Good luck with your mission, and thanks!
Ryani
Ryani

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiaki Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:44 am

I just wanted to let you know as an update Ryani that Valentine, Mitsugi, and I are all now furiously watching anime to meet your suggestions. While it may be a few episodes till we can get to all of them, I wanted you to know that we really are taking it to heart and working on it. Very Happy

--- Edit ---
Welcome to the NHK has been pretty amusing thus far.
Chiaki
Chiaki

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryani Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:11 am

Awesome! ^_^ At the very least, I'm glad you guys are watching those shows, as some of them are really amazing. I really look forward to these reviews! Thanks again!

Welcome to the NHK can be really amusing. The real test point episode 3, as it is. . .incredibly offensive, but the anime on the whole isn't necessarily offensive. . well, you'll see. I hope you like it in the end!
Ryani
Ryani

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiaki Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:22 am

Never be afraid to suggest an offensive anime, we've all watched Golden Boy (which if you haven't seen I recommend) But that's one of the ranchiest, least PC, dirtiest, sexist, animes about ever. But HYSTERICAL. We watched it one year in our club, everyone liked it so much they almost voted to watch it again the next year!
Chiaki
Chiaki

Back to top Go down

Post  Lelouch Yagami Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:35 pm

I think you should review an anime called school days. You've probably already watched this but its very unique in my opinion. If you havnt watched it do what im about to type. watch the first episode then the last episode(13 episode anime) you will want to watch the rest just to be like wtf happened but i kinda dint like this anime and i think the reason is either because of the drama or because the main character became a total A$$. And when i say drama heres a quote from a review on a different site "TNT's quote is that they know drama but they watched this their heads would explode". I just want to know your thoughts on it.
Lelouch Yagami
Lelouch Yagami

Back to top Go down

Shows Deserving of Impression or Review Empty We will look into it

Post  Mitsugi Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:55 pm

We're usually pretty quick when it comes to this kind of stuff. I'll ask all of our hosts and see if anybody has seen it. If not, one of us will watch it and do it asap. Thanks!
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  Lelouch Yagami Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:42 pm

Got to make this quick so I'll just say the anime; Monochrome Factor
Lelouch Yagami
Lelouch Yagami

Back to top Go down

Shows Deserving of Impression or Review Empty Taking these on

Post  Mitsugi Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:48 pm

Ok Lelouch, I am taking on School Days and Valentine is doing Monochrome Factor for you. Look forward to these soon. I'll probably have school days done for episode 8. The other is a bit longer, so look for it later.

What are your personal thoughts on these anime?
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  Lelouch Yagami Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:55 pm

Well

school days: if you watch the first episode then the last one then you have just watched the only good thing in the anime because the main character is an ass in the other episodes and it's annoying so ya um I have more in my earlier post in this section

Monochrome factor: awesomeness in anime form it's an awesome mix of action, comedy, plot, and other stuff all wrapped up into an anime so and just pointing out my favorite character is shirogane just saying becuz I might cosplay as him next year

also don't bother yourselves take your time on the anime watching
Lelouch Yagami
Lelouch Yagami

Back to top Go down

Shows Deserving of Impression or Review Empty Finished

Post  Mitsugi Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:25 pm

Just finished School Days LeLouche. Gotta say, thanks for suggesting I watch that disturbing display. On a happy note, look forward to my probably humorous review in Episode 8! affraid
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  Lelouch Yagami Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:23 pm

This anime,Midori no Hibi, is kind of original in how the story goes and what happens. Well there's this guy who's depressed about not having a girlfriend and wakes up one day to find this girl who likes him, that he doesn't know, has been turned into his right hand it's pretty good I'd have to give it like 4 maybe 4.5 out of 5
Lelouch Yagami
Lelouch Yagami

Back to top Go down

Post  dark_lord_killua Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:48 pm

I don't actually watch that much anime, but if you guys have watched the D. Grayman, Hunter X Hunter, or especially Zatch Bell animes, I'd appriciate hearing what you think of them. I actually watched an assload of Zatch Bell (and now have moved to the manga due to my computer monitor being made of Shinigami poop)(I'm talking about the big guy from Soul Eater, not Death Note or Bleach) and would like to hear your opinions on that especially.
dark_lord_killua
dark_lord_killua

http://panahinuva.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Shows Deserving of Impression or Review Empty I'm pretty sure...

Post  Mitsugi Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:25 am

I'm pretty sure the person you might want to ask is Hatake for this one. I'll ask her while we are recording tomorrow and see what she says. I'll tell her to get her but on here. Very Happy
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  dark_lord_killua Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:15 pm

Thanks Mitsugi!

I'm giving out the fliers at my anime club tonight.
dark_lord_killua
dark_lord_killua

Back to top Go down

Post  valmydearr Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:11 pm

FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST

Very Happy
valmydearr
valmydearr

Back to top Go down

Shows Deserving of Impression or Review Empty Sure sure

Post  Mitsugi Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:21 pm

Thanks Dark Lord! I really appreciate your doing that. I hope they got there ok.

Val, that'll be easy. Hatake is definately a FMA fan. hehe.

Hope you enjoy episode 9!
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  dark_lord_killua Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:25 pm

Yup, they got there fine. I put them next to the snacks. Once the pocky was gone, people started looking at the fliers. Then the anime started (Gakuen Alice, don't watch it unless you're watching it with friends. It's bad and only fun to make fun of.) and I stopped paying attention. I just left the fliers there and I didn't pay attention to how many fliers were left. I think a few got taken.
dark_lord_killua
dark_lord_killua

Back to top Go down

Post  valmydearr Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:48 pm

Woo Very Happy
Cause I just finished it.
:]]]
valmydearr
valmydearr

Back to top Go down

Post  dark_lord_killua Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:04 am

Hah, I was going to recommend you review Escaflowne, but you beat me to it! Whee!
dark_lord_killua
dark_lord_killua

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitsugi Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:48 pm

Dark Lord, we are all about reading your mind here. Heh Heh.
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  dark_lord_killua Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:56 pm

Whee! Any chance of that Zatch Bell review/impressions?
dark_lord_killua
dark_lord_killua

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next