Anime Addicts Anonymous Podcast Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Macross Frontier Podcast Prep

5 posters

Go down

Macross Frontier Podcast Prep Empty Macross Frontier Podcast Prep

Post  Mitsugi Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:02 pm

For those of you that haven't seen Macross Frontier, Let this topic be a preparation for you about the kinds of music in this series. Some of the best recent Jpop. A few videos below. The videos are of the artist: May'n, who plays Sheryll Nome in the anime. Megumi Nakajima also has a large role in the anime however she is a new artist and to my searching, concert videos of her to not yet exist.

Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Macross Frontier Podcast Prep Empty Re: Macross Frontier Podcast Prep

Post  bakuhasu Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:48 pm

Did not see the vids but man Mitsugi have to agree with you there. The overall of Macross Frontier is really good. I really need to snag myself the soundtrack because the music in Macross Frontier is such a treat.
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikhail Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:51 pm

Thank you Mitsugi. Macross Frontier is an amazing Mecha anime it has everything you can ask for. In traditional Macross fashion it has the accidental pilot, the ace Senpai, The Blue genius, a love triangle and beautiful music. and in traditional Macross fashion this show is as much if not more about the music than the mecha. I am a Mecha Enthusiast and am progressing through all of Macross because of this series. As of right now im halfway through original Macross and im not disappointed. This is a stunning Anime just stay away from the Pinnaple salad. If youll excuse me im taking off in my Valkyrie now "Vermilion Squad heading out".
Mikhail
Mikhail

Back to top Go down

Post  Saber Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:04 am

Mitsugi wrote:May'n, who plays Sheryll Nome in the anime.

Correction, May'n does Sheryl Nome's singing in the anime. When not singing, Sheryl's voiced by Endo Aya.
Saber
Saber

http://www.myanimelist.net/profile/Saber

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitsugi Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:25 am

Saber you love correcting me don't you? haha. I think that's what I meant anyway. How bout a comment about the concerts? I wish May'n would come to Otakon so I could go hear her.
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  Saber Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:28 am

Mitsugi wrote:Saber you love correcting me don't you? haha. I think that's what I meant anyway. How bout a comment about the concerts? I wish May'n would come to Otakon so I could go hear her.

I'm one of the internet's few straight men, you know. Someone has to do the job =P

Anyway, Nakabayashi Mai AKA May'n is a great singer. Rarely have I heard someone with such a passionate, emotional voice. Especially when she's singing Northern Cross (sounds better recorded than live, but hey). I hope she will continue to do music for other animes in the future.
Saber
Saber

http://www.myanimelist.net/profile/Saber

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitsugi Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:03 pm

I'm one of the internet's few straight men, you know. Someone has to do the job =P

Haha. I love it. Well said.
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  Kincaid Nau Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:21 pm

That May'n concert at the Budokan sold out in 3 days. Must be really popular. Plus, the blue-ray consistently sells well too. As a Macross enthusiast, I've got to say that I really enjoyed the series. There were a few lull points but its solid nonetheless. I think that one needs to be a bit familiar with the other series to appreciate it completely, like the talk with the "valkyrie pilot's curse" as well as Ozma palying the hell out of Fire Bomber. Its a great addition to the franchise.
Kincaid Nau
Kincaid Nau

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum