Anime Addicts Anonymous Podcast Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

introducing anime

4 posters

Go down

introducing anime Empty introducing anime

Post  Charthinius Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:30 pm

Hey guys i have a 10 year old cousin that is heavily into the "starter anime" IE, Pokemon, and bakugon ect, while thats all fine and dandy, I have to wonder is there anything that i can introduce to a 10 year old that won't require me to break into the subtitle arena. That being said i don't think i have many options other then Gundam wing and dragon ball z. However there has to be something more then those to options. if can offer any suggestions that would be great.

thanks
Charthinius
Charthinius

Back to top Go down

introducing anime Empty Re: introducing anime

Post  bakuhasu Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:50 pm

Great way to bring it up at the right time Charthinius I might probably suggest G gundam for the 10 year old probably because I just skimmed through it, and might be perfect for the kid especially robots going kamehameha on each other. I can't think of anyother at the moment soo good luck and I hope I was helpful
bakuhasu
bakuhasu

Back to top Go down

Post  Saber Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:16 am

bakuhasu wrote:Great way to bring it up at the right time Charthinius I might probably suggest G gundam for the 10 year old probably because I just skimmed through it, and might be perfect for the kid especially robots going kamehameha on each other.

Thing is G Gundam is more than just big robots going Super Sayan on one another. It actually has a plot and deep characters.

That being said, I'd still say G Gundam could be something interesting for a 10 year old, while I would not recommend going for Gundam Wing. I personally consider that one to be pretty dry and boring, and I say that knowing a lot of Americans used that show to get into Gundam and Mecha anime. Off the top of my head, I couldn't think of any other Gundam series I would suggest. I would not suggest something like SEED until the kid's 12 or so and UC is not very good for children either (especially stuff like Victory Gundam).

Other than that, Dragon Ball (not Z) is always a good choice, maybe Saber Rider (no idea how the American dub fares against the over the top German one which everybody here so loves). If your cousin likes comedy, I'd say Azumanga Daioh.

It would certainly help to know what exactly your cousin is into.
Saber
Saber

http://www.myanimelist.net/profile/Saber

Back to top Go down

Post  Mitsugi Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:51 am

If you are looking for anime that is in English and is suitable for a 10 year old, Rurouni Kenshin might be fun. Also, in terms of movies, any Ghibli movie would be spot on.
Mitsugi
Mitsugi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down